500pt Ulthwé Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pt Ulthwé Army List

HQ:

Farseer w/Singing Spear
    - Doom
    - Eldritch Storm
    - Rune of Witnessing …113

Troops:

Guardians (10 )
    - Warlock w/ Enhance
    - Shuriken Cannon
    - Wave Serpent w/ Twin-Linked Missile Launcher …235

Jetbike Squadron (3)
    - Shuriken Cannon …072

Fast Attack:

Vyper Squadron (1)
    - Bright Lance …070

I'm not sure how well this army holds to the fluff.. But the Jetbikes provide a screen for the vyper, which goes tank hunting? I'm really new at this, and I'm not too sure how well those jetbikes or vyper will hold up. I play against a lot of SM, guard, and orks. Thanks in advance for any help!
    -P_S

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I don't know if the BL on the viper is really warranted, in most 500 pt battles no one takes armor over 13F and 11S. With the viper's maneuverability and low BS I think a scatter laser or EML would be a better choice, and it would free up a couple points. 4 S6 shots has a reasonable chance of getting through side armor 11, and a crack missile is as good as a BL on the side armor.

The warlock in the guardian squad shouldn't have enhance unless you plan on getting your guardians into close combat (which is ill advised as they'll die against anything but guard). If you drop the wave serpent and the warlock you could take another guardian squad and give them both scatter lasers, giving you some decent ranged firepower. If you find your guardians are dying too easily you could take a warlock with conceal or try to use your jetbike's 6" move in the assault phase to cover the guardians.

If you are giving your farseer 2 powers make sure you take spirit stones. In your case they would be much more useful than the rune of witnessing.

A couple tweaks and I think your army is a good contender for basically any opponent.

It came from the warp... Fleeting Æther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by patron_saint View Post
    HQ:

Farseer w/Singing Spear
    - Doom
    - Eldritch Storm
    - Rune of Witnessing …113
    Runes of Witnessing are regarded as not worth the points, they make it so you almost never roll double 6, but double one's become much more common.

Troops:

Guardians (10 )
    - Warlock w/ Enhance
    - Shuriken Cannon
    - Wave Serpent w/ Twin-Linked Missile Launcher …235
    Wave Serpent for Guardians at 500 points? I think those points would be much better off spent on increasing model count. After all, a tank can only put out so much damage compared to another squad (or 2) can put out with the same points.

Jetbike Squadron (3)
    - Shuriken Cannon …072
    I've never run jetbikes so I can't really give any useful comments on them.

Fast Attack:

Vyper Squadron (1)
    - Bright Lance …070
    The low BS and fragility of the Vyper makes it a terrible gun platform for tank hunting weapons. Most people takes multi-shot weapons on them and use them to harass infantry.

I'm not sure how well this army holds to the fluff.. But the Jetbikes provide a screen for the vyper, which goes tank hunting? I'm really new at this, and I'm not too sure how well those jetbikes or vyper will hold up. I play against a lot of SM, guard, and orks. Thanks in advance for any help!
    -P_S
    A simple relatively fluffy Ulthwe list would probably look something like this.

Farseer
    -Doom
    -Guide
    -Spirit Stones

10 Guardian Defenders
    -Warlock
    -Destructor
    -Scatter Laser

10 Guardian Defenders
    -Warlock
    -Destructor
    -Scatter Laser

2 War Walkers
    -2x Scatter Laser each

TOTAL-500 Points

Two small Guardian squads shouldn't be hard to hide, and can pour out a lot of shots and roast stuff with destructor should they get too close. War Walkers shoot whatever needs to die and the Farseer Guides what shooting and Dooms what being shot. With six sets of scatter lasers, you'll be able to fire off 24 S6 shots at anything that needs to die. That'll mess up any AV12 or lower tank you point them at.
    Last edited by Fleeting Æther; December 6th, 2008 at 00:34.
    Scratchbuilding Fire Prism Crystals
    2K Mech Eldar in 2010: 25Win/4Lose/8Draw

+ Reply to Thread