My first 500 points - Casual - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first 500 points - Casual

Figured I would post my list for my first 500 points of space orks and see what people think. I offer to clarify, I am trying to maximize the use of the AoBR and Ork Army Box sets. I'm not a power gamer or anything, but I would love to know if I have missed any common sense things... oh... and they be the Deff Skullz! WAAAGH!

Warboss - 95 Points
    Power Klaw, Twin-linked Shoota, Boss Pole & Stikkbombz

Running with...

Ork Nobz - 165 Points
    1 Nob w/ Slugga, Power Klaw & Waaagh! Banner
    4 Nobz w/ Sluggas & Big Choppas
    All Nobz have Stikkbombs

in a...

Trukk - 70 Points
    Big Shoota, Wreckin' Ball, Armour Plates, Reinforced Ram, Red Paint Job & Grot Riggers

and then some...

Ork Boyz - 170 Points
    1 Nob w/ Slugga & Power Klaw
    2 Boyz w/ Big Shootas
    17 Boyz w/ Sluggas & Choppas

Feel free to share your thoughts on this list and offer any suggestions for improving or adding to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DIY BA SC - Blood Hawks - 1250pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

That trukk is far far too overloaded with extras. Trust me, if your opponent gets a direct shot at it, it'll blow up no matter what extras you give it. I wouldn't give it any upgrades at all besides a ram, making it a far more affordable 40 points.

Big choppas are a waste of points, especially at this point level. Statistically, they're no better than sluggas/choppas, except when attacking vehicles, and at 500 points you're not going to run into too many of those.

This gives you 60 points, which is much better off spent on armor for your poor, virtually defenseless nobz/warboss. Give the nobz 'eavy armor and the warboss a cybork body, a combi-scorcha, and 'eavy armor. With the remaining points, I'd give a bosspole and 'eavy armor to the nob in the unit of 20 slugga boyz.

Last but not least, there's literally no advantage to giving the warboss the bosspole, and if he dies before the nobz, you lose the bosspole. Always give it to the unit you're attaching him to instead.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! Wonderful advice!

on that note... it terms of modeling the cybork body and the 'eavy armour... must admit I’m a bit clueless on how to go about that... any pointers or links to some examples I might follow ???
    Last edited by scifizombie; December 6th, 2008 at 00:31. Reason: additional content
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DIY BA SC - Blood Hawks - 1250pts

+ Reply to Thread