1500 points 'Nid - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points 'Nid

I really need a lot of help with the nid list I did collect them for a while but then switched to Tau. After getting pulverised by Nids in a 24 turn game and reading up on the vehicle rules again whicharent so hot, I decided to venture back to the hivemind for the January Tournament my gaming club is running.

The big monsters seem pretty powerful compared to tanks so I though id go for a few of them.

Hq
    Hive Tyrant 196
    2x twin Linked Devourers
    Enhanced Senses
    Warp Field
    Toxin Sacs
    Winged

Elite
    3 Warriors 107
    2x Deathspitter
    1x Barbed Strangler
    Scything Talons
    Toxin Sacs
    Extended Carapace

Elite
    Carnifex 113
    Scything Talons
    Barbed Strangler

Elite
    Carnifex 113
    Scything Talons
    Barbed Strangler

Heavy Support
    Carnifex 183
    Venom Cannon
    Barbed Strangler
    Bonded Exoskeleton
    Reinforced Chitin

Troop
    8 Spineguants 64
    Without Number

Troop
    8 spinegaunts 64
    Without Number

Troop
    15 Hormaguants 160
    Adrenal Glands I

9 Genestealers 180
    Flesh Hooks
    Scuttlers

Heavy Support
    Carnifex 183
    Venom Cannon
    Barbed Strangler
    Bonded Exoskeleton
    Reinforced Chitin

Heavy Support
    2 Zoanthropes 130
    Warp Blast
    Synapse Creature

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might consider dropping the bonded exoskeleton from the fexes, 5 wounds is going to take a while to eat through short of power weapon attacks. There's no worry from instant death from strength, and the extra toughness will only negate str 3 hits. maybe pick up a couple more stealers, they'll take some heavy casualties from concentrated fire, even with cover.

I love the amount of blast firepower this list carries. The dakka flyrant will be able to neutralize infantry and armor as needed.

I love zoanthropes, they're typically underestimated.

I dont have too much experience with hormagaunts, I tend toward genestealers instead.

Without Number is a useful thing to have for your scoring units (especially in small numbers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've giving me a few things to think about.

The Heavy Support Carnifexes i'd originally thought of having extended carapace aswell but went over on points now i will have to comtemplate removing the toughness. I may replace it with Extended Carapace or add more bodies on.

I was contemplating even more blasts . I found looking on at tyranid players who negleted shooting altogether that tyranid shooting seems very underestimated. I thought it made tyranids that bit btter than Orks. I also love the idea of the devourer tyrant and love thefact it can still do well in assault if called upon, im a bit worried it may bow down to firepower though.

My plan with zoanthropes was to use them in conjuction with the two tiny spinegaunt squads, in Mission games they coulfd stay back providing the synapse and shooting at range with the marine killer weapon, in annihilation possibly start all 3 units in reserve thus sligltly lessning the negative effects of both units in kill point games.

im now unsure about the Hormaguants the main tyranid guy seems to swear by them I will have to revaluate them against the Genestealers, which I did plan to either have outflanking or scouting, not sure which, could possibly depend on who goes 1st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember, in killpoints games with Without Number gaunts. You "may" bring them back, you dont have to.

I've never been a big fan of hormagaunts, especially with combat resolution in 5th edition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the hormagaunts are the thing I would most likely change, its a shame because I have loads of the models as you get them in the gaunt box.. I'm just busy trying to think up ideas to revolutionise this list. I'm trying to make sure its fairly balanced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an alternative to the Bonded Exoskeleton, try Enhanced senses on those carnies thier BS really needs the Boost.

Tyant - Awesome

Warriors - Awesome

Elite Carnys Awesome - but look into the merits of a dakkafex many many nid players swear by them

Heavy Carnys - see above

Spinegaunts - With so few gaunts I might be tempted to drop Without number in favor of more bodies but I can see you're running off one box of gaunts.

Hormagaunts Good - I personally like +1WS +1S, +1 I on all my Hormagaunts, but maybe thats just me.

Zonathropes Excellent - No Problem Here.

Hope that Helps. Oh and I'm pawning my Tactica to everybody, give your oppinion Link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Heavy support Carnifexes do have enhanced senses but I guess I missed them off the points are correct fo hem to have them.

the elite fexes dont really need enhanced senses as i find a -2 on scatter is rarely different to -3.

The reason I only upgraded my hormaguants twith inititive is because the hormagaunts youve suggested are only 3 points less than a genestealer. How much are all the bonuses or a genestealer that are useful more than 3 points worth I feel. That is also the reason im considering dropping the hormagaunts enttirely.

I feel with guants use is holding objectives nothing more really, there so easy to kill they output little. So I chose to go with without number because i doubt 2 units of 13 will survive any better than 2 units of 8 in any mission as there easy kill points and weak objective holders.

I may re examine every elite warrior combination but the gunfexes will stay because without them i have no ranged weapons that can penetrate any armour over 11.

+ Reply to Thread