1500 Points Incomplete List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Points Incomplete List

I've been working on this list on and off and just can't make up my mind. Its not really meant as a heavily themed list (I'm painting Yme-Loc right now) but I don't particularly want a straight up chees list. What I've got here is everything I'd like to include, but since its not complete consider everything to be fluid.

Note: Text in Red has been removed from proceeding list

HQ
    Seer Council - 325
    Farseer
    Spirit Stones
    Eldar Jetbike
    Doom
    Guide Fortune
    3 Warlocks
    Eldar Jetbikes
    1 Destructor
    1 Enhance
    1 Embolden
    Troops
    Guardian Defenders - 95
    10 Guardians
    Scatter Laser Platform
    Guardian Defenders - 95
    10 Guardians
    Scatter Laser Platform
    Pathfinder Team - 120
    5 Rangers
    Pathfinders
    Guardian Jetbike Squadron - 152
    6 Guardian Jetbikes
    2 Shuriken Cannons
    Elite
    Scorpion Aspect Squad - 132
    5 Striking Scorpions
    Exarch
    Scorpion's Claw
    Stalker
    Shadowstrike
    Fast Attack
    Vyper
    Vyper
    Starcannon
    Vyper
    Vyper
    Starcannon
    Heavy Support
    Wraithlord - 155
    2 Flamers
    Brightlance
    Eldar Missile Launcher
    Fire Prism - 150
    Fire Prism
    Holo-Fields
    Spirit Stones
    Fire Prism - 150
    Fire Prism
    Holo-Fields
    Total Points: 1,374 / 1,500
    36 Models, 2 Vehicles

Last edited by Scramlaz; December 17th, 2008 at 08:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Interesting start, With your extra points I would recommend a second fire prism the linked shots increase the usefullness of the prisms dramaticly. With no fortune I'm not sure if the small warlock unit is a good investment. I'd say move the warlocks into your guardian squads. With embolden the guardians will stay around longer or give them conceal for constant cover saves. I'm not sold on starcannons and not sure if vyper is the best place for them. perhaps drop them to fill out our scorpion squad? those are my thoughts on the list Hope I gave you something to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bah, that was a typo actually the Farseer was meant to have Fortune.

With regards to the Vypers: I'm not crazy about them either, they are sorta included as a piece that I own, rather than a piece I would definitely include (picked up a Windrider Host on the cheap when this army was started.) The Starcannons are for Terminator Killing. My game club loves Terminators and Meganobs. Though to counter my argument; the same amount of points buys me another Fire Prism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, drop the vyp's, grab another prism. and with the left over points, u have just enough to invest in a full 10 man squad of DA's. you would have five troop choices, with one of them being able to swoop in turn 5 and either take control of, or at the least contest an objective. i think you have a good list here. termi's are more easily dealt with than i had originally thought. bladestorm em, then drop a nice big pie plate on their ass, and watch em go away. also, make sure to take out any sort of missle launchers first tho, as on average, they will cause more havoc in your army than termis will. i hate missle launcher guys. also, consider what nakaruru said, and put your lock's with the guardians. if u keep your pathfinders close by, you could always use conceal on them, instead of your guardians, and they would get a cover save in the open. i have soooo been trying to figure out a way to get a warlock in with my pathfinders. that would be devastating. taking the seer council off jetbikes will save u lots of points as well, and u might even be able to fit something else big in there instead!

trav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only couple minor changes, adding in a second Fire Prism and dropping the two Vypers. I Suppose I'll just bite the bullet and buy the things as opposed to just fielding what I've already got. I feel that I have enough troop selections here and that spending points on Dire Avengers might be better used one something else. That said, I'm not opposed to filling out the units I've got.

As for Warlocks in the Guardian units: the points spent getting 5+ saves from conceal are pretty easy to get by just running into some cover. But Embolden is slightly more affordable, but is re-rolling Ld8 worth it? Again, to rebuke myself, a third Guardian Defender squad might also be an option.

+ Reply to Thread