Mech Tau, 1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mech Tau, 1750

Victoria B.C
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

178 (x7)

Mech Tau, 1750

Mech Tau has always been my dream, so let me know effective you think this list would be. I intend to use the Firewarrior squads agressively, so hense the Flashette dischargers.

Shas'el, Fusion Blaster, Plasma Gun, HWMT, TA - deepstrikes for a 'target of opportunity' 97pts

2 x Squads of 12 FW, Shas'ui. Take DF from Pathfinders -160pts

2 x Squads of 12 FW, Shas'ue, Bonding Knife, - 500pts
    Devilfish, MT, DP, FD.

Fast Attack:
    2 x Squads of 6 Pathfinders - 394pts
    Devilfish, MT, DP, FD.

Heavy Support:
    3 x Hammerheads, MT, DP, Burst Cannons. - 495pts

Rip'er up!

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

49 (x1)

Ah, the Fish of Fury. I have one real problem with your list, and that's MEQ units. Of your list, only the Railheads (at least, I'm assuming they're Railheads, since you didn't actually say what the main armament was) and your Shas'el have the means to deny them saves. In order to reliably kill a squad, you'll have to ding it with a few Markerlight hits and pour a ton of fire into them.
    Particularly high-toughness monstrous creatures will give you a lot of problems as well, since you again only have a few weapons that will do anything to them. Notable here are fully-upgraded Carnifexes or Hive Tyrants (you can probably tell that I lost to a Nidzilla list recently).

On a tactics note, be sure to mark which Hammerheads initially belonged to the Pathfinders. since you plan on Deep Striking, their special rule will be incredibly handy. In addition, what will you be doing with the Pathfinders themselves? Infiltrate (Scout move yay!) or Outflank are both good options but I'd like to know what you think of them doing.

Given all this, I do like the list as a whole. It'll be incredibly painful for most people to have to face, especially if you normally go against IG, Swarm Tyrranid, and large-mob Ork setups. It'll likely be strongest in Control Territory deployments, since each of those squads could sit on one of the nodes and cover an incredible area with their firepower.

The only thing I would change in the list is to drop one of the Hammerheads for a pair of Broadside suits (with A'S'S), and use the 5 points that got freed up to drop a Blacksun Filter on one of your remaining Hammerheads. This will allow slightly more accurate (and more) shots from the Heavy section, and allow the vehicles to drop templates if needed while retaining some muscle for the hard targets.
    I'm also not THAT big a fan of flechette dischargers, since your list is already strong against the armies that would be useful against, but no biggie there. Many here will also mention that Bonding Knives tend to be a waste of points, though I disagree with them. If you go that route and drop them, you have 30 points that can be used elsewhere (since you could then downgrade the Shas'ui models back to Shas'la)
    Last edited by PsyBomb; December 15th, 2008 at 17:28.
    I fight for the Greater Good. Too bad for you it's MY Greater Good.

Snow Forces of T'olku W/L/D : 3-4-2... I like to think I'm learning, though.

+ Reply to Thread