My Apocalypse list. Please rate!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Apocalypse list. Please rate!!

Ok, so this will be my second Apocalypse game, and my first with my Eldar (I used Tau last time). Any way this is the list! Let me know what works and what doesn't, where to change, etc lol! Rip it apart!

Farseer w/ Rune of Warding and Witnessing
    Spirit Stones
    Doom
    Guide

Farseer w/ Rune of Witnessing
    Spirit Stones
    Fortune
    Mind War (This Farseer goes with the Warlocks Below)

Warlocks x10 w/ 1x Enhance and
    4 x Destructor

Striking Scorpions x 10 w/ Exarch
    Power Claw
    Move Through Cover
    Infiltrate

Striking Scorpions x 10 w/ Exarch
    Power Claw
    Move Through Cover
    Infiltrate

Howling Banshees x10 w/ Exarch
    Mirror Swords
    War Shout
    Acrobatic

Dire Avengers x10 w/ Exarch
    Shimmershield and Power Sword
    Bladestorm
    Defend

Dire Avengers x10 w/ Exarch
    Shimmershield and Power Sword
    Bladestorm
    Defend

Guardians x10 w/ Brightlance Platform

Wave Serpant w/ Brightlance (carrying the Howling Banshees)

Wave Serpant w/ Brightlance (Carrying one squad of either Dire Avengers or Warlocks)

War Walker x3 w/ 6 StarCannons (Used mainly at the bak of the army where, last game, a lot of decked out Carnifex showed up)

Wraithlord w/ Brightlance
    Eldar Missile Launcher

Heavy Support Weapon Team w/ D-Cannon x 3

Fire Prism w/ Holo Field

Fire Prism w/ Holo Field

Fire Prism w/ Holo Field

And that is the list! Let me know!

In the concept of time, we are like a grain in the sand.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone? A little advice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Apoc lists are really hard to judge because apoc isn't meant for competative play and it's mostly just for fun. That said, it looks like a fine list but will get slaughtered by anything that is bigger than a standard codex entry. The way to be competitive in an Apoc game is choosing the formations and the strategic assets that will most benefit you. So what are you taking for that? What is your general plan for this list and what flavor are you going for?
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing that you will definately want to do, is take the scorp special. leave 1 ten man squad, and divide the other up into 2 five man squads. its an awesome asset. umm, nix the guardians, waste of points in apocalypse. im wondering why 10 warlocks with only 5 spells???? doesnt make sense. also wondering why there are only 2 HQ units that arent even decked out. apocalypse is where u can be as cheezy as u wanna be. so, by all means, take 5 avatars!! that being said, you need to up your damage power if you want to even be a little bit competitive in apoc. also, watch out for the dreaded pie plate templates of doom!! they are huge, do massive damage, and will wipe out at LEAST one squad! this is one reason why guardians are pointless, they will be looked over for other, juicier kills, and when all u have left is some guardians, and an entire mechanized force is bearing down on you, do yourself a favor, and choose suicide over defeat.

trav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't take 5 Avatars unless your Apocalypse force is representing some five-part craftworld blowout battle. But I do echo the sentiment to deck some folks out a little more, especially those HQs could do for some more trimmings. And if you're looking for a good Apocalypse Formation I might recommend the Phoenix Court of Khaine from the Apoc. Reloaded book. Its an avatar with a retinue of six phoenix lords, or rather, its a Super Avatar with a retinue of fearless Phoenix Lords. If for nothing else than shock value of fielding seven HQs as one formation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i was being a little sarcastic. however, definately go through the eldar formations, and try to find one or two that you like, and build your army around them. they are there to (make you buy more expensive GW models...cough cough...) help make your forces more realistic when used on a large scale. in a normal list, people will not take 30 scorpions, 30 spiders etc...or cannot take more than 2 HQs. Apoc is where you get to have a little fun. its one of those games that you really cant take too seriously, because you have to be able to accept large scale losses, from eye-bulgingly large models, from people that have forgeworld stuff. so, be sneaky, be eldar sneaky, and don't forget to look at your assets that you can take!!!! building a good apocalypse size force is a difficult challenge, because you never know what someone is going to bring. that guy, that never brings any more than a 1500 point list might show up with some ridiculously large models, and that guy that always brings 7500 points with him, wherever he goes, might have no clue how to build a worthwhile list.

trav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok well as stated all Apoc is good apoc, personally I would definatly take embolden on your Warlocks. Also make your Prisms into a Sunstorm (it's free) and add another at least for some D class weapons fun. I also love Aspect waves (I have 7 serpents full of aspect warriors in my wave). And Karandras' shadow strike is an awsome formation too. All in all it is all about having fun in apoc that is the main thing, it isn't a competitve thing really, especially when 10" D templates fall on your 1000pt formation and you watch it disappear, that is apoc live it and love it.

Ragey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well said.

trav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds great! Thank you to everyione who helped, it is greatly appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread