1500pt 3 way battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt 3 way battle

Hi everyone!

Me and two friends haven't played a battle in a while and are going to have a three way broken alliance game from the 40k book before people fly home for xmas. The game is this thursday night and my opponents are eldar and IG. Im not sure what kind of lists they will have and i shouldn't know either really. more fun that way!

Its 1500pts and this is our first game over 1000pts. I have a basic list but would appreciate advice from tau experts

HQ
    shas'el
    Plasma rifle
    Missile pod
    Target array
    HW multi tracker 97pts

Shas'vre bodyguard
    plasma rifle
    Missile pod
    target array
    HW multi tracker 82pts

Elites
    XV8 deathrain x 2
    TL missile pod
    target array (might change to flamer) 106pts

stealth team x 4
    + Team leader
    Bond knife
    HW drone controller
    2 x marker drone 220pts

troops
    firewarrior x 9
    + shal'la
    bonding knife 115pts

firewarrior x 9
    + shal'la
    bonding knife 115pts

firewarrior x 9
    + shal'la
    bonding knife 115pts

fast attack
    Pathfinder x7
    2 x rail rifle
    + shas'la
    bonding knife
    Devilfish
    Disruption pod
    Flechette launcher
    Decoy launcher 231pts

Piranha
    Fusion blaster
    target array
    disruption pod 80pts

Piranha
    Fusion blaster
    target array
    disruption pod 80pts

Heavy support

Hammerhead
    Railgun
    Smart missile system (I bought the model 2nd hand and it was glued on already)
    Multi tracker
    Disruption pod 175pts

Sniper drone team 80pts

Total: 1496pts

Im fully expecting to lose my HQ unit in first turn of the game if i dont go first. either by autarch or command squad equiped with power weapons. Obviously the other two are gonna be fighting amongst themselves also.

The devilfish will be loaded with a FW unit and used to grab an objective once ive thinned numbers down and im looking forward to getting at least one submunition round on to an IG/eldar close combat!

Basically im planning to use my more mobile elements to tie up eldar attackers and hope that my two other FW teams, sniper and pathfinders can halt any IG (backed up by hammerhead for anti vehicle). The stealth team are going to deepstrike in behind any ranger/reaper teams in cover and try to be a nuisance.

Ive gone with a fully tau army mainly due to the fact that my vespids are still in the box and my 2 kroot units still on sprues, game is thursday (its now monday night). i plan on getting the kroot up and painted over xmas for our games in the new year.

I'd appreciate any advice as im still kind of newly back to 40k after a break of 15 years! Thanks people...

Last edited by furstenburg; December 15th, 2008 at 20:17.

+ Reply to Thread