Spudles 1,000 Point Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Spudles 1,000 Point Army List

There are rules to maintain and a reputation to bolster; however, I look at a recent post made by Spudles and felt rather saddened. This is the internet - the land where there are ten thousand idiots for every one person with a modicum of intelligence. I will not question Spud's intelligence, as spelling makes up only a portion of ones intellect. In fact, some of the most brilliant minds I've known could not spell to save their lives (a calculus and a philosophy professor, even). I will also not question which reputation you must maintain; I will only ask anybody who is interested to respectfully critique Spud's army list.

I am not trying to 'start something' by bringing a closed thread, so if you are truly offended by his inability to spell, or my re-posting his army list, then please ignore this thread.

Spud's 1,000 Point Eldar Army List

HQ 155

Troops 693
    5x Pathfinders 120

5x Pathfinders 120

10x Dire Avengers 152
    +Exarch, Dual ShiriCats, Bladestorm

4x Guardian Jetbikes 153
    + Warlock w/ Destructor
    +ShuriCan

11 Guardians 148
    +Warlock w/ Embolden
    +Brightlance

Heavy Support 150
    Wraithlord 150
    +Brightlance and Scatter Laser

Total Points 998

You've got the beginnings of a solid list, but something just feels like its missing.

The Avatar + Wraithlord combo can be great fun. March the two up the center of the battlefield and watch the opponent lay down every shot available to kill them before they reach their lines. Don't be upset if they do die, though, as every shot fired at the two of them is one less shot fired at your other units.

The Wraithlord might be a bit much for 1,000 points though. You might consider dropping him altogether and instead purchase a Wave Serpent for your Dire Avengers. It is just as hard to kill, and can lay down just as much firepower with TL Eldar Missile Launcher and Spirit Stones.

Pathfinders can also be great fun, but in a 1,000 point list they're too unreliable. Those 120 points for the second squad would be better spent elsewhere. I'd recommend using them (and the points saved on the Wraithlord) to purchase a second squad of Dire Avengers.

The Guardian Jetbike squadron would be better off with Embolden, rather than Destructor. Even still, if you follow my other suggestions you could drop the Warlock altogether and add three more Jetbikes with an extra ShuriCan
    Edit: And this may not be a bad idea. The Warlock is a pain to model well, unless you like challenges.

Lastly, the Guardian Defender Squad will have less than satisfactory results. If you want to cover anti-tank, the Bright Lance is much better off being twin linked. You might want to drop this squad, and if you purchased a second squad of Dire Avengers, purchase a second Wave Serpent. This time add TL Bright Lances, if you want, although I'd still recommend TL Eldar Missile Launchers. You shouldn't be facing too many AV 11+ vehicles in a 1,000 point game, and the EMLs can fulfill both anti-tank and anti-horde.

If you follow these suggestions, the Avatar will be left behind, but if you Run! him each turn, he should have no problem getting close to the enemy and scare the crap out of them! This list will give you greater mobility (pathfinders with Infiltrate, and three fast moving troop choices) while still dishing out quite a bit of fire power.

My suggestion:
    5x Pathfinders
    10x Dire Avengers (Exarch w/ Dual ShuriCats and Bladestorm)
    +Waveserpent w/ TL Eldar Missile Launchers and Spirit Stones
    10x Dire Avengers (Exarch w/ Dual ShuriCats and Bladestorm)
    +Waveserpent w/ TL Eldar Missile Launchers and Spirit Stones
    6x Guardian Jetbikes w/ 2 ShuriCans

Cheers!

I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much agree with BossGorestompa his suggested army list is very good and mobile and very very effective at capturing objectives. It has a solid amount of troops a very good HQ and Eldar tanks are a real pain to get rid of and with the extra move given to your Dire Avengers they could be much more effective.

The only downside i can see with it is the amount of Anti-tank theres only 2 str8 shots with a long range which with the 6 str6 from the jetbikes is probably fine against rhino armies and such but come up against some heavy tanks Lemun Russ for example and u could struggle.

Peace Out
    xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys they sound amazing.
    yeah I like chalenges i really like converting.
    I dont understand why people cant use slang its sooooo much easier.
    But hey rules are rules i try my bestest.
    spud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, just so i have this posted in both threads about this list, i made a little list with a core army, and options to take as extra. please enjoy:
    farseer - 120
    spirit stones
    guide
    doom

5 pathfinders - 120

10 dire avengers - 152
    ex
    dual cats
    bladestorm

10 dire avengers - 152
    ex
    dual cats
    bladestorm

3 war walkers - 180
    x6 scatter lasers

------------total so far - 724

ok, at this point, you have options. the starting list is sound, and
    with 276 points left over, you have some flexibility. so, i will add
    in some thoughts for flushing out the rest of your army.

10 guardians - 150
    1 warlock
    conceal
    brightlance

5 pathfinders - 120

this would give you a total of 5 troops, very effective!! also, with
    the added powers the farseer/warlock give, could prove very potent!!

another possibility

fire dragons - 136
    ex
    either dragons breath flamer or firepike
    crackshot
    tank hunter

falcon - 135
    eldar missile launcher
    or
    cannon
    vectored engines

gives nice tank hunting ability. also, makes shooting your war walkers
    look a little bit less desirable, as other targets pose a more immediate
    threat. with the cannon and vectored engines, all the falcon is, is a
    means to an end. deploy, and run the bastard as fast as possible (36 in)
    in the direction u want to go, and deploy the second round, as well as be
    able to protect your fd's from most harm for the first/second round as
    well!

-------------

wraithlord - 150
    lance
    lasers
    dual flamers

and either

8 dire avengers - 128 (puts u two points over the limit, most people won't care about 2 points tho)
    ex
    dual cats
    bladestorm

OR

3 bikes - 126 or 129
    1 warlock
    emobolden
    and if you are playing friends, add in a spear here.
    once again, 3 points over 1000 is not that big of a deal.

OR

12 guardians - 126
    lance

------------------

these are great options if u are dead set on the wraithlord. it will also
    render you another troops choice. with a list like this, in 1000 points,
    you will be shooting a LOT.

-------------------

3 war walkers - 180
    x6 scatter lasers

8 dire avengers - 96

OR

10 guardians - 95
    scatter laser
    or, for 5 more points, an EML

OR

4 jetbikes - 98 (again, 2 over, no real biggie unless tourney play)
    cannon

--------------------

going with this option is another really great option!!

you are adding 24 more shots per round from the walkers,
    and either maneuverability with the bikes, which would sit in
    hiding, and ONLY come out to score/contest an objective
    on turns 4-7, depending on the length of your game. or, it
    could pump out more shots with either squad of guardians or avengers.

----------------------

well, there you have it. i put a lot of time into this. anyone else have any other ideas
    i would like to know about them!! please post them!!

trav

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Great ideas!

Guideseer of Doom is a great addition to any army, especially one with Warwalkers! Plus scatter lasers are one of my favorite heavy weapons.
    +When coupled with Guide, about 75% of your shots will hit on average, and a Warwalker squadron can put out a lot of scatter laser shots!
    +They have high enough Str and number of shots to render a Space Marine squad useless.
    +When accompanied by Doom, they can even take out monstrous creatures and low armour tanks with little problem.

I don't like Dire Avengers without a transport though, and Eldar have, arguably, one of the best transports in the game. You could also try +2x Wave Serpents with TL Bright Lances and Spirit Stones (230 points). This will add some maneuverability to the DA, give your opponents something else to fire at besides your war walkers, and add some tank busting power to the list, and still have an extra 46 points to spread around (maybe add Defend to the DA exarches, just to add some CC survivability, you could even change the dual shuriCats to a power weapon and shimmer shield to make the DA's well rounded, versatile troop choice, but that would set you 4 points over)

Thats just another alternative, though you won't be fielding too many models if you try this route! Its just a matter of personal preference to me. I prefer well timed strikes with an army that is maneuverable enough to avoid the worse of your opponent's riposte.

If you like Trav's suggestions (which he has done an amazing job with!) I would personally go with either the Wraithlord or additional Warwalker squadron and extra Jetbikes. With the extra Warwalkers, you could potentially out flank your opponent and hit them from behind, where they'll usually keep their most vital choices (Like synapse creatures vs. Tyranids, or heavy weapons teams, etc) And the Jetbikes are great for a last round objective grab, and if your DA's get stuck in over their heads they can add a quick response to (possibly) turn the odds to your favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the props man! i put a lot of time into that last post, and hopefully it will help spudles out. i wanted to give him a good core army, and then allow him to choose which way he wanted to go. after that, i just came up with some viable options. my problem is that usually im facing marines, and i can never have enough high strength weapons, which is why i usually field 6 walkers all the time.

your idea of wave serpents is a good idea too, i just prefer to have more men in lieu of transports. which, i will admit, slows me down a great deal. so, that is a really good idea to utilize.

anybody else, that has ideas, please, tack them on to this post! maybe we can get an ultimate 1000 point list going!! a great core, and then a TON of options to flesh out the rest. also, if anyone has a better idea for a core than this, please post it!! lets make the eldar damn near invincible!! HAHA!!!

trav

It came from the warp... Fleeting Ęther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

This is more or less the core of all of my army's regardless of opponent.

Farseer - 80
    -Doom

10 Dire Avengers - 152
    -Exarch
    -Dual Avenger Catapults
    -Bladestorm

10 Dire Avengers - 152
    -Exarch
    -Dual Avenger Catapults
    -Bladestorm

7 Warp Spiders - 171
    -Exarch
    -Dual Death Spinners

TOTAL - 555

A very flexible and deadly 600 points to start out a force, from here I'll usually add some Wave Serpents for my DA's and some striking scorpions for CC. This creates a rather fast and flexible army capable of taking on many types of opponents.

Wave Serpent - 135
    -Eldar Missile Launcher
    -Spirit Stones

Wave Serpent - 135
    -Eldar Missile Launcher
    -Spirit Stones

8 Striking Scorpions - 175
    -Exarch
    -Scorpion's Claw
    -Shadowstrike

TOTAL - 1000
    Last edited by Fleeting Ęther; December 22nd, 2008 at 04:13.
    Scratchbuilding Fire Prism Crystals
    2K Mech Eldar in 2010: 25Win/4Lose/8Draw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice core! i like the spiders in it! good flexibility! also, with 450 points extra, you can really do some cool stuff. like, add 4 walkers for 240, then add in some scorps.

It came from the warp... Fleeting Ęther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

Most people use a guide+doom farseer, I feel that unless you're using something with BS3 and lots of shots(guardians or warwalkers) the guide isn't necessary, freeing up a nice chunk of points. Doomseer with 20 Dire Avengers is a good basic core and the squad of spiders adds some hard hitting fast moving threats that are fairly survivable. Beyond that, it's basically personal preferance and if possible, a unit to counteract what the core doesn't cover, such as CC and mobility for the troops choices.
    Scratchbuilding Fire Prism Crystals
    2K Mech Eldar in 2010: 25Win/4Lose/8Draw

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x5)

I like that core list. Lets make it mobile and extra shooty ( I really prefer mobility over numbers with Eldar) I don't want to seem too redundant, but I just really, really like wave serpents. This time I'm thinking of some elements that I am familiar with, but using them differently.

Doomseer
    10x DA
    10x DA
    7x Spiders

+Doomseer (80)
    +Wave Serpent w/ TL EML (120)
    +3x Guardian Jetbikes w/ ShuriCan (129)
    +Warlock w/ Spear and Embolden
    +2x War Walker w/ Scatter Lasers (120)

Total: 1,004 Points.

This list is split into two elements: a fire base and a strike force. The fire base consists of one Doomseer, 10 DA, and 2 War Walkers; the strike force consists of 10 mounted DA accompanied by the other Doomseer, the Spiders, and the Jetbikes.

I just wanted to try something different (for me) I don't much like the concept - I'd prefer to mount the entire army, but it might work. And with two Doomseers, each element should be able to focus on and wipe out one target each per turn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast