2000pts nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pts nids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

2000pts nids

A list of my 2000pts tyranid big thing army, only had one test using most of the army at 1,600 pts and it crushed a space marine army, any comments would be appreciated. If anyone thinks they've seen this thing before then that would be because I'm new to this site and I think I posted it in the wrong place first time round

HQ
    Hive Tyrant 225pts (including guard)
    w/ toxin sacs, enhanced senses, venom cannon and scything talons
    w/ retinue of 2 tyrant guard with lash whips

Flying Hive Tyrant 178pts
    w/toxin sacs, 2x scything talons, warp field and winged

Troops
    12x Hormagaunts 158pts
    w/ adrenal glands (I) toxin sacs and extended carapace
    12x Hormagaunts 158pts
    w/ adrenal glands (I) toxin sacs and extended carapace
    6x Genestealers 174pts
    w/ extended carapace, scything talons and toxin sacs
    8x Spinegaunts 40pts
    w/ spinefists
    8x Spinegaunts 40pts
    w/ spinefists
    8x Spinegaunts 40pts
    w/ spinefists

Elites
    5x Warriors 215pts
    w/ both adrenal glands, extended carapace, toxin sacs, leaping,
    scything talons and rending claws

"Killer Killer" Carnifex 113pts
    w/ Adrenal Glands (WS), Toxic miasma, 2x scything talons

"Killer Killer" Carnifex 113pts
    w/ Adrenal Glands (WS), Toxic miasma, 2x scything talons

Heavy Support
    Carnifex 205pts
    w/ toxin sacs, both adrenal glands, enhanced senses, extended carapace
    tail weapon (mace), toxic miasma, scything talons and venom cannon

Carnifex 205pts
    w/ toxin sacs, both adrenal glands, enhanced senses, extended carapace
    tail weapon (mace), toxic miasma, scything talons and venom cannon

2x Zoanthropes 130pts
    w/warp blast and synapse

total 1994pts

General note:
    The Spinegaunts are in their just for holding objectives and assaulting threats (I don't expect them to win, just to tie something like the nightbringer down for a turn or two)

I'd appreciate any comments or constructive criticism and any suggestions anyone has. And if anyone thinks that there's a ridiculous number of monstrous creatures my bros 2000pts space marines includes a Land raider, crusader and redeemer for his heavy support.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x3)

Its not bad, pretty standard list overall.

The only thing I see (besides the Hormagaunts, but thats just a personal thing) is that you are mixing roles on all your TMCs.

I would most definately specialize them in either Shooting or Smashing, it will save points overall and it will be much more tactically sound.

By the way those Elite Fexes you have are more commonly known as Ninjafexes, much easier to say that "Killer Killer"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I honestly never new they had a particular name, "killer killer" was just what I called them because of a long and boring reference to the description of bioplasma and the name of the example "screamer-killer" carnifex in the codex that used bio plasma, as this would only hit on a 4+ and didn't count as a monstrous creature attack I ignored it and chose toxic miasma for the to hit bonus it provides.

As for specializing them, I comment someone also made on the version I posted in the wrong place (my bad, I'm a noob here), I decided against it because there isn't a single ranged biomorph that I would personally find especially useful in the two or three turns of use the venom cannons gets, after that most of my army has normally made contact and I no longer have any need to blast tanks to stop them shooting, as I can simply divert a Monstrous creature in it's direction to deal with it. I find that devourer's on a carnifex are a waste considering I would only get 4 shots which would kill an average of one SM, thus charging them with scything talons and making full use of the monstrous creature special rule seems the most logical thing to do, though you may well disagree with me, also, a few unfortunate accidents with a barbed strangler, a ridiculously high scatter, and half my army have put me off using blast weapons for tyranids, except warp blast as with AP3 it goes straight through power armour, making it worth the risk in my opinion, and it also doubles up as a S10 shot that can puncture armour.
    Also I'm against the possibility of specing them totally in CC as the few turns of firing the venom cannons get is very useful against things such as predators, leman russes, hammer heads, fire prisms and even land raiders, stopping them shooting whilst my army charges.

Thank you anyway for your comments, and you can feel free to disagree, and I know many people do, with me on this, and I do accept that a carnifex that tries to shoot and assault is very expensive, this is just really on personal preference and what I find is best.

+ Reply to Thread