Nids 1500 competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

Nids 1500 competitive

Ok im going to my local hobby shop tomarrow, and i want to reap in some biomass for the swarm however i have to make sure this list will be competitive first. Can any1 plz tell me how i could improve this? Or is it ok im not extremley familar with the 5th edition rules so im not completley sure what will work. Finally could you give me some stratgey i could possily use? Thanks!

1500 Pts - Tyranids Roster - Unnamed
    HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 188 Pts)
    1 Hive Tyrant @ 188 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Winged; Twin-linked Devourer (x2); Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field
    Elite: Warriors (3#, 80 Pts)
    2 Warriors @ 80 Pts
    Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature
    1 Warriors @ [28] Pts
    Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler; Synapse Creature
    HQ: Broodlord (9#, 262 Pts)
    1 Broodlord @ 262 Pts
    Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Synapse Creature
    8 Genestealers @ [192] Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Flesh Hooks; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws
    Troops: Hormagaunts (8#, 96 Pts)
    8 Hormagaunts @ 96 Pts
    Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons
    Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 198 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 198 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Tail Weapon - Mace; Thornback; Tusked; Crushing Claws; Scything Talons (x1)
    Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 193 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 193 Pts
    Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon
    Heavy Support: Zoanthrope (2#, 130 Pts)
    2 Zoanthrope @ 130 Pts
    Toxic Miasma; Synapse Creature; Warp Blast; Warp Field
    Troops: Genestealers (8#, 192 Pts)
    8 Genestealers @ 192 Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Flesh Hooks; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws
    Troops: Gaunt Brood (12#, 96 Pts)
    12 Gaunt Brood @ 96 Pts
    Spinefists; Without Number
    Troops: Gaunt Brood (8#, 48 Pts)
    8 Gaunt Brood @ 48 Pts
    Fleshborer
    Total Roster Cost: 1483

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hive Tyrant: If you are aiming for him to take out troops, you can free up the points some if you drop the Toxin Sacs and Enhanced Senses. You if you are shooting 12 shots at BS-3 6 will statistically hit on the first roll and 3 more on the re-roll for a total of 9 hits. At S-4 you will wound half the time against Marines (which I use as my "Golden Standard" in calculations). So rounding down to be conservative that's 4 wounds and another 2 from the reroll for 6 total. Marines save 2/3 of the time so you will net 2 kills on the low end. With the BS upgrade it will be 12 shots -> 10 hits -> 7 wounds -> 2 kills (rounding up for your opponent to maintain conservative calculations). With the S upgrade too it will be 12 shots -> 10 hits -> 8 wounds -> 2 kills, maybe 3. So for all those extra points you are only going to squeeze out (using statistical averages) maybe one more kill with it being tricked out. I would also suggest dropping Warp Field simply because unless the other person has never fought 'Nids before, it WILL be targeted by lasguns and melta weapons both of which will pierce your save and only a 6+ invul is highly unreliable. Thats more points to buy more bodies! Have you considered a CC version with twin Scything Talons?

Warriors: I honestly don't use Warriors all that much so I won't act like I know what a good configuration for them is. What I do know is that normal bolter fire pierces their normal armor and with as close as you'll have to be to make the other 2/3 of your squad in range you'll be torn up by basic troops or that sneaky piece of armor those humans like to hide inside of (and regrettably make our Dakkafexes's firepower look tame...just a little more biomass and we'll solve this I'm sure).

Broodlord & Retinue: There is no reason whatsoever to NOT have Feeder Tendrils on Andy Dufresne (watch The Shawshank Redemption for the Broodlord reference). It will confer the rerolls to your whole unit essentially! Also give him the Flesh Hooks as I believe without having the rulebook in front of me right now, on his initiative, and he SHOULD be first, he will have flushed out the troops in cover and deny them their bonus which lets your Genestealers tear them apart before they have a chance to act. Thus, you can free up even more points by dropping their Flesh Hooks. I'd recommend the same with the Toxin Sacs, too, even with Extended Carapace which I believe you should keep they will die really quickly and they are good enough without the extra S (rending makes up for that quite well). Extend Andy's armor as well, it can make a huge difference and put him on par with your big bugs!

Hormagaunts: I don't play these either because they get into rapid fire range twice as fast, die just as easily as Spinegaunts, and cost twice as much. Considering how many would actually make it to any kind of target (Space Marines in particular) they'll die really easily and maybe, just maybe, take a Marine down with them. Consider more Spinegaunts. They can shoot AND still can Fleet into a charge giving them the extra attacks. A ton of these guys will not only buy you cover saves for your big bugs out the wazoo, but they'll delay and gum up any units that would actually have the firepower to juices whole swathes of your precious pieces of bio-engineering perfection.

Carnifexes: Like the Tyrant, a general piece of advice is that everything shot at them will have both the S and AP to inflict a wound no matter what so you might as well take their base save and use the points to buy them some cover from Gaunts or other skittering horrors. As your Tyrant isn't CC spec a smart player will take out your 'Fexes first because unlike your other guy, even with a Toxic Sac, can't flip tanks and support armor as easily (sad to say). Save your points and look into getting near-vanilla zillas. I would recommend the "Dakkafex" or "Boomfex" models, especially as in 1500+ games they can be taken as Elites instead of Heavy Support! This can make a huge strategical advantage when you are doing your initial placement!

Zoanthropes: You are golden here save for using all the freed up points above to purchase a third one. There's really no reason NOT to! If you ever want to have some fun, look into a "Psychic Choir" setup with them and Hive Tyrants. Negative eleventybillion to enemy Leadership is definite hot sauce.

Other Genestealers: Honestly, vanilla stealers are pretty good. Extended Carapace is not a bad insurance policy if you have the points. But everything else really isn't necessary. Remember with these as anything else Tyranid: quantity, not quality. Genies get juiced hardcore every time so you need numbers to make them effective. Let your shootynids worry about small groups of soldiers hiding in bushes, no need to waste points on Hooks for backup 'Stealers. I will say that on occasion Scuttlers isn't bad, but be picky because it only puts these expensive units that much closer to 12" rapid fire!

Gaunt Broods: Without Number is really situational. It's great to have "unlimited" bugs but at the same time they respawn on the board edge and by that time your big guys might not survive long enough to benefit from the second wave meat shield (even if they Run). In that case it just becomes free points for your enemy because lets face it...it is an extremely rare Gaunt that makes up its points in kills (which is also why saving the extra point on Spine instead of Terma can add up and won't change too much game-wise). This is why they have big and bigger brothers!

Conclusion: I hope this was helpful to you in some form or fashion, even just a little! Just remember that the above was primarily based on combat versus Space Marines as they regularly have their Power Codpieces shined by their Codex's offerings and thus represent the (arguably) hardest opponent to go against. Good luck collecting more biomass for the Hivemind and remember that you should outnumber your opponent 2 preferably 3 times to one unit-wise!
    Human beings, while exceptional in the ability to learn from the mistakes of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

Alright here is what i have now guys

1500 Pts - Tyranids Roster - Unnamed

HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 188 Pts)
    1 Hive Tyrant @ 188 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Winged; Twin-linked Devourer (x2); Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field

HQ: Broodlord (9#, 248 Pts)
    1 Broodlord @ 248 Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Synapse Creature
    8 Genestealers @ [168] Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Flesh Hooks; Rending Claws

Fast Attack: Ravener (1#, 40 Pts)
    1 Ravener @ 40 Pts
    Rending Claws; Scything Talons (x1)

Fast Attack: Gargoyles (8#, 96 Pts)
    8 Gargoyles @ 96 Pts
    Bio-plasma; Fleshborer

Troops: Hormagaunts (8#, 96 Pts)
    8 Hormagaunts @ 96 Pts
    Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons

Troops: Genestealers (8#, 168 Pts)
    8 Genestealers @ 168 Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Flesh Hooks; Rending Claws

Troops: Gaunt Brood (12#, 96 Pts)
    12 Gaunt Brood @ 96 Pts
    Spinefists; Without Number

Troops: Gaunt Brood (8#, 48 Pts)
    8 Gaunt Brood @ 48 Pts
    Fleshborer

Troops: Hormagaunts (8#, 80 Pts)
    8 Hormagaunts @ 80 Pts
    Scything Talons

Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 158 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 158 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Reinforced Chitin; Tail Weapon - Mace; Tusked; Crushing Claws; Scything Talons (x1)

Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 148 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 148 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

Heavy Support: Zoanthrope (2#, 130 Pts)
    2 Zoanthrope @ 130 Pts
    Toxic Miasma; Synapse Creature; Warp Blast; Warp Field

Total Roster Cost: 1496

Ummm these are the only units i have. Except i have a red terror two lictors and 2 more ravners in storage if you want to put them in a suggest i take something out. This is 1500 pt competitve, im not sure how to utilise it all but i went for very swarmy. Tell me what you think!

+ Reply to Thread