1500 Just Starting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Just Starting

Yay! First post
    Over the past seven years I have been playing Blood Angels on and off. Recently a number of my friends have started collecting, or started new armies. Roughly four marine players, two CSM and one dark eldar. So I thought it was time for me to start a new army. Eldar looked cool and had some nice themes so I have decided to collect 1500 points over the next few months, and have been doing a fair bit of research on them (Hence joining this great forum). Ive put together a mock 1500 pt list which I would be happy for people to critique. My only request is that you *try* to stick to the theme/goal of a very fast skimmer tech based army (somewhat mech ). So here it is...

Farseer - Doom,Fortune, Spirit Stones, Jetbike, Singing Spear
    Farseer - Doom,Fortune, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear

Howling Banshees (6) [Rides in Falcon]
    Howling Banshees (6) [Rides in Falcon]

Dire Avengers (10 ) Exarch, BS, ASC [Rides in WS]
    Wave Serpent - EML, S.Cannon, SpiritStones
    Bikes (6) 2 S.Cannons
    Bikes (6) 2 S.Cannons

Falcon - Star Cannon, Spirit Stones
    Falcon - Star Cannon, Spirit Stones
    FirePrism - Spirit Stones

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, for a first list, i would say that you have put a lot of thought into it. putting the banshees in the falcons makes them that much better. one idea may be to stick with one falcon of banshees, and one falcon of fire dragons for some more AT, that way your prizm could focus on layin down those nice plates. consider adding a warlock to each jetbike unit as well. other than that, great job!!

trav
    War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Trav. My idea was based around the tale of four gamers article thats been running in the AUS WD. Ive taken into account your suggestion about placing some Fire Dragons in the list. Also I trimmed so points here and there, dropping spirit stones on the tanks, the double powers on the farseers, as well as the bike on the sencond farseer. This has allowed me to re-arange my force to what it is below. Only thing is I couldnt scrape enough points for a warlock for each bike squad (Wouldnt know which power to give them anyway, maybe conceal?)

Farseer - Doom, Singing Spear [Rides with DA in WS]
    Farseer - Doom , Singing Spear [Rides with HB in WS]

Fire Dragons (6) - Exarch, Dragons Breath Flamer, Crack Shot [Rides in Falcon]
    Howling Banshees (10 ) [Rides in WS]
    Wave Serpent - T.L. EML

Wave Serpent - T.L. EML
    Gaurdian J.Bikes (6) 2 S.Cannons

Falcon - Scatter Laser
    Fire Prism
    Fire Prism

Total 1493
    As always any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump. Would love more feedback
    Only just starting with eldar so please bring up anything which you think is relevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Its a nice overall list. Some things I would consider though, getting holofields for your falcon and prisms. Eldar are know for having unkillable tanks but it is the holo fields that make them that way. without them the tanks start to drop quick. ( you could to and sneak by with only 1 prism with holofields using it as the trigger man for linked shots ) next is no spirit stones on any of the vehicles perhaps this is ok on the prisms but on the transports making it so you can move helps alot. I like the banshees but prefer them with an exarch with executioner the higher str makes a difference to me ( I think math hammer shows they are roughly the same for killing meqs as the mirror blades ). Now the problem would be where do you get all the points for these. I think the best overall answer would be to drop 1 bike unit put a warlock in with the others and spend the rest of the points to upgrade a couple of units that can use the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to disagree on that one. Dropping one unit of bikes would put you at a measly 2 scoring units, which will be a major disadvantage in 2/3 of 5th-ed missions. I'd say keep them! As is, the troops are looking quite solid. Let's see if we can trim your list down a bit, without destroying the theme:

Farseer - Doom, Singing Spear [Rides with DA in WS]

In such a low point list I don't think you need 2 doomseers. Since the Banshees are supposed to back the DA up, and due to the fact that they almost always target the same unit, you only need to cast doom once, making the other seer superfluous. If you are willing to drop one of them, that's a full 83 points that can be put to better use elsewhere.

Fire Dragons (6) - Exarch, Dragons Breath Flamer, Crack Shot [Rides in Falcon]
    While the Exarch model looks extremely cool, I think he is overrated. Crack shot is definitely not needed, since the FD:s tank hunting capabilities are off the charts even without it, and the Dragon's Breath flamer takes away from the squads major role, which is AT. I'd run this squad as 6 regular FD:s, freeing up 17 points

Howling Banshees (10 ) [Rides in WS]
    Wave Serpent - T.L. EML

Wave Serpent - T.L. EML

Falcon - Scatter Laser
    Fire Prism
    Fire Prism

Total 1493

Voila! with just a few minor tweaks we managed to free up a whopping 100 points! I'd use them to buy Holo - Fields for the prisms since, as Nakaruru pointed out, they increase the prisms' staying power by quite a bit. The rest of the points I'd use to buy Spirit Stones for one of the Wave serpents and an Exarch with Executioner for the banshees. The modified list would look something like this:

Fire Dragons (6) - [Rides in Falcon]
    Howling Banshees (10 ) Exarch, Executioner [Rides in WS]
    Wave Serpent - T.L. EML, Spirit Stones

Wave Serpent - T.L. EML

Falcon - Scatter Laser
    Fire Prism - Holo-fields
    Fire Prism - Holo-fields

Total 1497

Whoa! That was a long post. I really like the list now, I wish I could squeeze a few Bikes into my own! Anyway, hope it helped and that it's still in line with your original thought.

With Regards
    Hamsterball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Hmm could have sworn the list had 4 troop choices just goes to show that I shouldn't be posting after midnight. I'd still like to see a warlock in the bike squads and spirit stones on all the tanks but not sure where the points would come from. Seeing as I'm still rather sleepy I just leave it at that instead of making further silly mistakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't agree more, but in 1500 one can't have everything, and I changed the things I deemed MOST important. The thing that bugs me the most is, as you said, the bikerlocks and a spirit stone on at least the DA serpent as well, but I couldn't find the points. The prisms CAN do without the stones as long as they've got the holo-fields IMO, but I prefer to have them. I do, however, think the list is solid and playable as is, and that all the remaining tweaks, such as warlocks and additional holo-fields and stones, should be implemented as when he decides to up the list to 1750/1850/2000 or whatever.

With regards
    Hamsterball

+ Reply to Thread