Two Tau 1500 Lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Tau 1500 Lists

I made a couple lists for a 1500, and I wouldn't mind some criticism and feedback. Most are just a discrepency in XV8 configurations, so I won't repost the entire lists.

Tau Empire Roster

HQ: Commander Shas'o (3#, 158 Pts)
    1 Commander Shas'o @ 158 Pts
    Hard-wired Drone Controller; Iridium Armour; Stimulant Injector; Shield Drone; Shield Drone; Twin Linked Missile Pod; Target Lock
    1 Shield Drone @ [15] Pts
    Shield Generator
    Shield Generator

HQ: Commander Shas'el (2#, 112 Pts)
    1 Commander Shas'el @ 112 Pts
    Bonding Knife; Fusion Blaster; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Gun Drone; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array
    1 Gun Drone @ [10] Pts
    Twin Linked Pulse Carbines

Elite: Crisis Battlesuit (2#, 144 Pts)
    1 Crisis Battlesuit @ 144 Pts
    Team Leader; Crisis Battlesuit; Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array
    1 Crisis Battlesuit @ [62] Pts
    Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

Elite: Stealthsuits (6#, 180 Pts)
    6 Stealthsuits @ 180 Pts
    Burst Cannon (x6)

Troops: Fire Warrior (15#, 205 Pts)
    12 Fire Warrior @ 205 Pts
    Pulse Rifle (x12)
    1 Devilfish @ [85] Pts
    Burst Cannon; Gun Drones; Disruption Pod; Landing Gear
    2 Gun Drones @ [0] Pts

Troops: Fire Warrior (12#, 120 Pts)
    12 Fire Warrior @ 120 Pts
    Pulse Rifle (x12)

Troops: Kroot Carnivore Squad (12#, 84 Pts)
    12 Kroot Carnivore Squad @ 84 Pts
    Kroot Rifle (x12)

Fast Attack: Pathfinder (9#, 157 Pts)
    6 Pathfinder @ 157 Pts
    Markerlight (x6); Pulse Carbine (x6)
    1 Devilfish @ [85] Pts
    Burst Cannon; Gun Drones; Disruption Pod; Landing Gear; Marker Beacon
    2 Gun Drones @ [0] Pts

Heavy Support: Broadside Battlesuit (2#, 160 Pts)
    1 Broadside Battlesuit @ 160 Pts
    Twin linked Railgun; Broadside Battlesuit; Smart Missile System; Advanced Stabilisation System
    1 Broadside Battlesuit @ [80] Pts
    Twin linked Railgun; Smart Missile System; Advanced Stabilisation System

Heavy Support: Hammerhead Gunship (1#, 180 Pts)
    1 Hammerhead Gunship @ 180 Pts
    Railgun; Smart Missile System; Disruption Pod; Landing Gear; Multi-Tracker; Target Lock; Targeting Array

Total Roster Cost: 1500

List 2

HQ: Commander Shas'el (1#, 97 Pts)
    1 Commander Shas'el @ 97 Pts
    Fusion Blaster; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array

Elite: Crisis Battlesuit (2#, 124 Pts)
    1 Crisis Battlesuit @ 124 Pts
    Crisis Battlesuit; Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

Elite: Crisis Battlesuit (2#, 124 Pts)
    1 Crisis Battlesuit @ 124 Pts
    Crisis Battlesuit; Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

Elite: Stealthsuits (3#, 90 Pts)
    3 Stealthsuits @ 90 Pts
    Burst Cannon (x3)

Other HQ, Troops, Heavy Support, and Fast attack options are the same.

Total Roster Cost: 1499

List 3

HQ: Commander Shas'o (3#, 161 Pts)
    1 Commander Shas'o @ 161 Pts
    Hard-wired Blacksun Filter; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Iridium Armour; Stimulant Injector; Shield Drone; Shield Drone; Twin Linked Missile Pod; Target Lock
    Shield Generator
    Shield Generator

HQ: Commander Shas'el (2#, 107 Pts)
    1 Commander Shas'el @ 107 Pts
    Fusion Blaster; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Gun Drone; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array
    1 Gun Drone @ [10] Pts

Elite: Crisis Battlesuit (2#, 144 Pts)
    1 Crisis Battlesuit @ 144 Pts
    Team Leader; Crisis Battlesuit; Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array

Elite: Stealthsuits (6#, 180 Pts)
    6 Stealthsuits @ 180 Pts
    Burst Cannon (x6)

Same troop, fast attack, heavy support

Total Roster Cost: 1498

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty decent list! I would make a few changes to save points and increase unit viability.
    1) Your Shas'o appears to be armed for long range fire support, yet you are giving him Iridium armor and stims. Those points could probably be better spent on shield drone protection for your more frontline Crisis teams. Also, it makes sense to give your commander a plasma rifle so that he can operate up front to kill marines and whatnot. Make use of his high BS! Delegate firesupport to Deathrain teams with target arrays.
    2) The Shas'el has a good loadout, but should be given shield drones to soak up heavy weapons fire at closer ranges.
    3) Bonding knife is unnecessary on a two-man Crisis team. If one dies, the last becomes a monat and does not need a last man standing test. Fireknife config is good. Consider adding a HW shield drone or two.
    4) Personally, my FW squads never see combat. Given the FW lack of accuracy and vulnerability to assault, I usually keep them in the Devilfish and use them to capture objectives. I also reduce the squads to 6 men. You may use yours differently.
    5) Consider upgrading a Broadside to a Team Leader so you can take a few shield drones. I hate losing XV88s to a stray lascannon.
    6) In the other lists, consider changing the Stealth teams into XV8 Deathrains. That way, you get long range, accurate, anti-transport and infantry units. Stealth teams are underpowered and fragile against marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. The Shas'O acts more like a fire shield, soaking up damage for units. I find that my broadsides are ALWAYS targeted first, and even with shield drones they just cannot soak up the damage. The "shield'o" joins the broadsides at the start of the match, giving them 3 terminator saves, 1 with FNP, and 2 invul saves. At this point he pretty much acts like a long range deathrain. after 2 turns, this allows them to fire mainly unhindered because the Shield'O soaks up a sso much firepower! (in one game he took 6 autocannon + 1 lasgun, 1 battlecannon, [I deployed my broadsides really far away from his other lasguns] shots consistantly for 3 turns. On the 2nd turn most of his armor was pretty much wrecked between the broadsides and hammerhead and the only wound I took was on the Shas'O, 1 out of 4 wounds was not bad, I was thoroughly impressed). He can then act as support for the pathfinders which also recieve a beating early on when oppenants realize the usefullness of markerlights. Or he can join a forward unit, allowing them to spearhead towards the enemy.

As for the bonding knifes on the crisis suits doh! I think i was toying with squads of 3 at the time and left the upgrade in! I'll need to fix that. I'll play with the lists a bit more and I'll post again (just woke up).
    Last edited by tidomann; December 31st, 2008 at 18:14.

I Sincerely Want a Parrot counterwavecounter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

List #1
    Shas'o:
    I understand that you wish to use your Shas'o as a fire shield, but if that's his only purpose you shouldn't be using such an expensive unit, an Elite Shas'ui team leader would be able to do the same thing for 50 points cheaper. Similarly, the Shas'o should always be equipped with 2 weapons to take full advantage of his BS.

Shas'el: I'm not sure why he has a Bonding Knife because the unit will never be reduced to below 50%, it can only be reduced to 50%, so, wasted points there. As a principle, Gun Drones are best used in squadrons, not attached to Crisis Suits, because the risk of failing your morale check once the Gun Drones die is, IMO, too big of a risk to take. Other than that, this XV-8 load-out is very good though you might want to add a Targeting Array to increase its effectiveness.

Crisis Battle-Suit Squad: Again the Bonding Knife is wasted points for the same reason given above. Why give one a Targeting Array and not the other? Field them as two Monat Team-Leaders each with a Targeting Array.

Stealth-Suit Squad: No objections here.

List #2
    Shas'el:
    Excellent!

Crisis Battle-Suit Squads: They work.

Stealth-Suit Squad: Okay, but you might want to boost the squad size.

List #3
    Shas'o:
    See Shas'o List #1.

Shas'el: See Shas'el Gun Drones List #1.

Crisis Battle-Suit Squad: Again with the Bonding Knife.

Stealth-Suit Squad: No objections here.

TROOP, FAST ATTACK, HEAVY SUPPORT

Fire Warrior Team #1:
    No objections here, however, see Pathfinder Squad.

Fire Warrior Team #2: No objections here.

Kroot Carnivore Squad: No objections here.

Pathfinder Squad: Pathfinders won't make much use of their Devilfish because they should, for all-intensive purposes, remain stationery and in cover the entire game to get the most out of their Markerlights. I would deploy them without their Devilfish and use their Devilfish to FoF with one of your Firewarrior Squads saving you the cost of, (both points and money), purchasing a Devilfish for your Firewarriors

Broadside Squad: I know you want to keep them together with your Shas'o to increase survivability, but I would field them as two separate units to get maximum field coverage. Other than that their load-outs are excellent.

Hammerhead: Lose the Smart Missile System and take two Burst Cannons instead because two Burst Cannons can do much more damage and are significantly cheaper. Some people don't like the Target Lock because, ideally, your Hammerhead should move 12" each turn to increase survivability, meaning it can only fire one weapon. However, in the right situation, being able to target a Heavy with the Rail-Gun and a Troop with the Burst Cannons, or, a Troop with the Rail-Gun blast and another Troop with the Burst Cannons, can yield devastating results. Play test to see if you find the Target Lock useful.

Ultimately, I think these lists are too HQ and Elite heavy. IMO, you need at least one more 12 man Firewarrior team in each list. XV-8s and Stealths are great in support roles, but they will not win games.

Sincerely, My Two Cents
    Last edited by counterwavecounter; January 2nd, 2009 at 04:43.
    "The man in the bowler hat is Mr. Average in his anonymity. I, too, wear one; I have no great desire to stand out from the masses." - Rene Magritte

+ Reply to Thread