Thinking about starting an eldar army next - 1000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about starting an eldar army next - 1000 pts

I've never played with or against eldar before, but I've been looking through the codex and they seem like a good army to pick up to complement my orks. I was thinking about running an elite list, without any guardians, and I was wondering if my first 1000 pt list would be a good start.

10x Dire Avengers
    Exarch w/double shuriken catapult + bladestorm
    Wave Serpent w/ twin-linked eldar missile launcher

10x Dire Avengers
    Exarch w/diresword + defend
    Wave Serpent w/ twin-linked eldar missile launcher

Farseer w/ Spirit stones, Runes of Witnessing, Doom, Fortune
    Warlock x4 w/ Enhance, Embolden, Destructor x2, Singing Spear x2
    Falcon w/ scatter laser + holo field

1000 pts.

Would I be able to get away with the extremely low model count in this list? I'm looking for a list that can jet around my orks, putting out lots of shurikens and still having a chance at close combat. The diresword might seem unnecessary, but it's there specifically to give the list a chance against my tooled-up nob squad that I think would otherwise be a serious problem for them.

I'm new to eldar, so I have no idea how this list would play out, and I want to hear your experienced opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, if i am reading right, you want your eldar army to be able to play against your ork army. well, the low model cound is going to hinder you, however it looks like you have been looking over the codex quite a bit, because usually people who are new to eldar don't pick EML's right away. they are a solid choice tho on serpents. as far as dealing with your nob squad goes, i wouldnt exactley say that dire avengers are your best bet. i would trade in some points for a small scorpion squad, or possibly a small warp spider squad. i think that putting your command squad in a falcon is a good idea, just maybe a little bit more viable in a 1500 point list. however, warlocks are a great way to deal with charging orcs. using destructor, you should be able to take a few out per warlock per turn with some regularity. one thing i would consider, seeings as how u r strapped for points, for 180 points, you can get a squad of 3 war walkers with 2 scatter lasers on them a piece. thats 24 shots at str 6 per turn. just a thought.

trav
    War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

two waveserpent DA squads is a solid core for eldar. You picked up a farseer for the HQ which is generally considered our best. I personally would drop the falcon and the warlock council and with the points pick up two fire prisms keeps the speed and they can link up to shoot armor or pie plate hordes. If you keep them I would recommend dropping the spears the extra melee attacks are generally better for me. Lastly if your going to give a DA squad defend I would give them the power weapon and shimmershield to give them a inv save for combat.

As for the model count it is low but they are safe in transports until you decide to get out.

+ Reply to Thread