1500pt Alaitoc - Needs help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

1500pt Alaitoc - Needs help

This is my list at the moment. It's a bit short of 1500, and I was thinking of adding another unit of either CC or tank hunting. I was leaning towards CC, but I don't really know. I have never actually played in a tourney, and I have no idea what the opposition will look like.

HQ:
    Farseer - Doom, Guide

Elites:
    6 Harlequins with Kisses, Shadowseer and Troupe Master

Troops:
    6 Pathfinders
    5 Pathfinders
    10 Dire Avengers with Exarch (Bladestorm) and a Wave Serpent for transport
    3 Jetbikes with Shuricat
    4 Jetbikes with Shuricat

Fast Attack:
    1 Vyper with Shuricat and Scatter Laser

Heavy Support:
    3 War Walkers with Scatter Lasers
    2 War Walkers with EML

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, suggestions. stick to 3 (or multiples of 3) for jetbike squads to maximize shuricat usage. ditch the harlies for a nice unit of either banshees or scorpions. ditch one unit of pathfinders and add in a squad of warp spiders. you should be able to get decent sized squads of both the spiders and scorps/banshees. this should put you around 1500 pts. oh, and make sure your farseer has spirit stones, otherwise don't give him two spells, only give him one, and buy a second farseer with a single spell. list would look sumthing like this

farseer
    doom
    guide
    stones

troops
    10 Dire Avengers with Exarch/dual cats (Bladestorm) and a Wave Serpent TL BL - 287
    3 Jetbikes with Shuricat - 76
    3 Jetbikes with Shuricat - 76
    5 pathfinders - 120

Elites
    10 striking scorpions
    exarch
    biting blade or chainsabres up to personal preference
    stalker

Fast Fttack
    1 vyper
    scatter laser

10 Warp Spiders
    exarch
    dual death spinners
    withdraw

Heavy Support
    3 War Walkers
    Scatter Lasers

2 War Walkers
    EML

total = 1493

anyways, as you can see, i changed a few things around. if i were to change another thing to0, i might switch out the scorps for banshees and switch the serpent over to the bansees. your DA's and pathfinders could defend a home base, while the bikes hid out until the end of the game to snag a victory by contesting one or two different checkpoints. warp spiders were added for some extra kick, kinda like makin a bloody mary with absolut peppar instead of vodka from the well. i like the walker load out. two different combos, could work really well with the EMLs. anyways, let me know what you think of the list, and i will try to give you some more help.

trav
    War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

First off I would combine the jetbike squads into a group of 6 give them a warlock with embolden and you have a fairly reliable troop choice. As for what to add I have to say anti tank right, now you have basicly nothing that can scratch a monolith or landraider. If your farseer is spending his time at your firebase guiding warwalkers then maybe a wraithlord? with BL/EML its ok at anti tank and still scary in CC because of its high toughness and the farseer would be there to cancel wraithsight or there is the tried and true firedragons in falcon/waveserpent. I'm assuming you want to try and stay with a fairly fluffy alaitoc army so I like the use of the harlies ( they can also be monsters if used well or with a bit of luck ). I agree on getting stones for your farseer or dropping a power. One other thing to think about is dropping the vyper to add a 3rd eml walker guide does the most good on big units. Didn't check points so not sure exactly you have to work with but theres a couple of ideas hope they help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Thanks for the replies.

I am working for a fluffy Alaitoc army, so I would like to keep the 2 squads of Rangers if possible. Also, I am pretty limited on what models I have available, and I am only really planning on adding/changing one or two units total.

Thanks for the info about the tank killing ability. I don't really know what to expect from the local metagame, and right now the few games I've played with friends haven't had too many tanks. I may take the advice to get the Fire Dragons and put them on the Wave Serpent instead of the DAs until I can get another Serpent.

Quick rules question on that, I know the Wave Serpent is a dedicated transport, but could I decided to leave it empty at the start of the game, and then depending on what I needed more load up the DAs or the Fire Dragons on the first turn?

Also, I've heard arguments on both sides of whether to group the jetbikes in one squad or to leave them as two. As two they give me more options for contesting objectives and splitting fire, but as one they will be more sruvivable. Are there any other points to consider?

Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Yes either of them could ride in the wave serpent ( forget where it is but in the BRB it states that all dedicated transports can pick up any unit unless codex/rules forbid it ). I suggested the combined bike squad because they live longer but you understand the basic issue. They are a harder kill point but only can control 1 objective. Unless your enemy is never able to see them they can and often will get shot of any objective you try to take with only 3 of them. Variable game length makes it hard to grab an objective with a small unit if the game doesn't end it dies ( if you are looking for a late turn objective grabbing unit small DA in falcon with holofields is a good choice because it is still rather hard to kill falcons ).

+ Reply to Thread