2000 Points Mechanized, this one is serious - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Points Mechanized, this one is serious

Farseer w/Singing Spear, Doom, and Runes of Wit/Ward

Farseer w/Doom and Rune of Ward

10 Howling Banshees
    Exarch w/Warshout and Exec
    Waveserpent w/TL BL and Spirit Stones

6 Harlequins w/6 Kisses, 2 fusion pistols, and Shadow Seer

6 Firedragons

10 Dire Avengers w/Exarch, Shimmershield, Defend, Bladestorm

Falcon w/EML, Holo, and Spirit Stones

Unlike the flying circus this one is built to be competitive.

Falcons carry the 'Quins, the footslogging Avengers hold the rear, doomseers ride with the Avengers.

Last edited by TooMad; January 4th, 2009 at 18:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Now this list I like alot more. It might be a bit light on the AT but can move fast and the harlies can dig your DAs out of trouble. Not 100% sold on the idea of the shadowseers thats alot of points for VoT when it generally will not be used until after the harlies have got atleast one charge off. Could use the points to add stones and a secound power or add on some runes of warding to mess with enemy psykers or shave a few more points and get a transport for the last DA squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Shadow Seer is there more to add grenades to the squad than provide VoT. Also left the Troop Master out because I wanted to keep their cost down, do you think that is a good idea? Three TL BL aren't enough anti-tank? Against anything but a monolith just one of them should at least glance AV12-14 37% of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Well look at it this way would you feel comfortable with your AT if you ran into 3 landraider list I rely on my TL BL for AT along with linked fireprism shots so I agree they are good just not sure if 3 is enough in 2k lists (by your own numbers all three would have to shoot a one to be sure some sort of roll on the damage table is made ). Glancing a vehicle isn't going to do alot of damage to it. The Landraider often will still be able move forward and fire a big nasty gun back at you because of PotMS. As for grenades I may be mistaken but since they ignore difficult terrain they don't get any negatives for assaulting units in cover. ( at work so no access to books to look up facts on this )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like that would be up to your interpetation of the rules. They basically say if you assault through cover then the defender is initiative 10. However, they also seem to say if you have to take difficult terrain tests then there are two possible consequences. First, you might roll low enough to not be able to assault. Second, is the initiative 10 for defenders. Finally you have to consider why would 'Quins have grenades if they didn't even need them. I will have to ask around at the store today if it proves true and can add runes to the farseers and still have 25 points to throw around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

they have the grenades because in 4th anybody in cover got the bonus unless you had them in 5th its a bit more vague.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talked to the FLGS they are of the opinion that Flip Belts don't negate the bonus a defender gets when assaulting into cover so the Seer stays. Dropped a 'Quin squad and replaced it with Firedragons also to ride in a Falcon. Since 6 Firedragons without the exarch are so much cheaper I had some more points to throw around and put runes on the Farseers and only because I had nowhere else I could find to spend the points fusion pistols on the 'Quins. Now I have more anti-tank the Firedragons alone give me about a 52% chance to at least glance if outside 6" and if within 6" about 89% for a pen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the changes that you are making. i think that they are for the better. why don't you post up your list as is, so we can have a visual on all the changes that were made, ok? it sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want/are doing tho.

trav
    War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually just edited the original post but to save anyone from having to scroll around...

Farseer w/Singing Spear, Doom, and Runes of Wit/Ward

Farseer w/Doom and Rune of Ward

10 Howling Banshees
    Exarch w/Warshout and Exec

6 Harlequins w/6 Kisses, 2 fusion pistols, and Shadow Seer

6 Firedragons

Unlike the flying circus this one is built to be competitive.

Falcons carry the 'Quins, the footslogging Avengers hold the rear, doomseers ride with the Avengers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Hmmm checked my BRB again and I feel more confident that they would be fine without the seer. The rules now say if you make a difficult or dangerous terrain check you go at initiative 1 but with flip belts they don't take a check so would be full initiative. But if your LGS says no then you have to work with it. I think the overall list you have now is about right I'd say give it a few games and see what works and what doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread