2000 Points, Infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Points, Infantry

Farseer w/Runes of Wit/Ward and Guide

Autarch w/Scorpion Chainsword, Fusion Gun, Mandiblaster, and Warp Jump Gen

10 Striking Scorpions and Exarch w/Claw, Shadowstrike, and Stalker

10 Dire Avengers and Exarch w/Shimmer Shield, PW, Bladestorm, and Defend

5 Warp Spiders and Exarch w/Death Spinner x2

5 Dark Reapers and Exarch w/Tempest, Crack Shot, and Fast Shot

5 Dark Reapers and Exarch w/Tempest, Crack Shot, and Fast Shot

3 Warwalkers with Dual Scatter Lasers

Farseer to guide the Warwalkers or whoever else. Autarch joins a Warpspiders to help hunt tanks.

More static than I normally play with the exception of the Warp Spiders. I am afraid it is lacking anti-landraider since it could only handle one with the Scorpions hopefully flanking. Other than a monolith or LR the Warp Spiders could easily position themselves or deep strike to throw s6 shots on the rear armor. It also might be a little slim on points invested in troops.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend this list has great appeal. i agree with the lack of adequate antitank, i would probably put all your dire avengers in wave serpents with TL - BL and/or either dump the autarch for a farseer with retinue in wave searpent armed with witchblades and spears and head for sound good old assaulting. I personally carve off every weapon and immobilised a land raider crusader with just one farseer, turn by turn.

In addition,have you ever though of adding a couple 10 man sqauds with just scatter lasers? 2 squads is less than 200 points and they are efficient for their cost. by the way i love dire avengers too but mine got pummelled last game and i will be taking them in transports...fing hate thousand sons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also are you worried about low ap weapons in your area? If you are deck the scorpians with a wave serpent or replace with banshees, i had a squad of banshees trek the table after losing half a squad to their own wave serpent exploding...and taking down a couple of squad sized power armoured units. So yeah probably deck out your scorpions and DA with wave serpents that hug terrain whilst pummelling the enemy with your support. When your wave serpents units get close enuogh unload and support with the warp spiders...soo much assualt 2 death at the enemy..priceless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D-guns are a powerful, cheap way of getting your list some AT firepower. Perhaps removing a WS squad and including a squad of 3 Dcannons will be of assistance. They're wonderfully effective against MEQs and vehicles alike.

I'm also a little concerned about the small squad sizes amongst the warp spiders. They're resiliant, but such small squads could run into problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to keep Wave Serpents and other skimmers out of this list. Once I get this one and my mechanized one honed I will probably try a hybrid. I want to try out Striking Scorpions and since I want to take advantage of flank and I already know Banshees are good against MEQ if they are joined by a Doomseer at least. What is the recommended squad size for Spiders? I kept them in fives so I could avoid wasting shots should the first twelve clean up. I am inclined to say no to the D-guns for now as I am not a fan of Guardians but I won't dismiss them completely. Heh I just now realized that I virtually made an MEQ Eldar list .
    Last edited by TooMad; January 6th, 2009 at 23:24.

+ Reply to Thread