1500 Pts. Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Pts. Competitive

Hey peoples,

As I was building and crafting my Necron army, I thought it is time to post my list, so I might get new input. So here we go...

HQ
    - Necron Lord
    Resurrection Orb
    Veil of Darkness

200 Pts.

Will join the immortals to execute the "Flying Circus" Tactic.

Elites
    - 6x Immortal

168 Pts.

See description of Necron Lord.

Troops
    - 10x Warrior
    - 10x Warrior
    - 10x Warrior

540 Pts.

Objective claimers mainly. Steady core of the army, preventing an easy Phase Out. Positioned close to the Monolith to ensure they stay out of CC.

Fast Attack
    - 5x Scarab Swarm
    - 3x Destroyer
    - 3x Destroyer

360 Pts.

Scarab Swarms intent to lock a powerful enemy unit for 1 or 2 turns. Evidently, they won't hold out much longer.
    Destroyers will meddle with out-flanking units, tear down enemy infantry and destroy enemy transportaion vehicles.

Heavy Support
    - Monolith

235 Pts.

Core of the force. Positioned in the middle among the Warrior Squads. Ensure that Warriors don't stay in CC, fire at anything within range and thereby slowly move up towards center of the battlefield or objective(s).

Army Total: 1503 Pts.

Since I am a few points over 1500, I tried to make a list that would not exceed 1500 Pts. without losing to much power. So here it is...

HQ
    - Necron Lord
    Gaze of Flame
    Veil of Darkness

175 Pts.

Will join the Immortals to execute the "Flying Circus" Tactic.

Elites
    - 8x Immortal

224 Pts.

See description Necron Lord.

Troops
    - 10x Warrior
    - 10x Warrior

Capture objectives mainly. In comparison to the previous list, the chances of holding the majority in objectives becomes rather slim. Therefore they should move up even more slowly, with the Monolith glued to their side.

360 Pts.Fast Attack
    - 5x Scarab Swarm
    - 3x Destroyer
    - 3x Destroyer

Same goal as in previous list, nothing changed. The destroyers should probably stay closer to the Warriors in order for them to get a clear passage and minimize losses.

360 Pts.Heavy Support
    - Monolith
    - 2x Tomb Spyder

Monolith stays near Warriors. Tomb Spyders both create a single Scarab swarm which hopefully gives them an additional 3 wounds on T6 (Thanks to majority ruling of Toughness).Both Spyders move independently and stay within 12" of the Warriors. When appropriate, they advance into enemy forces to gain time for the Warriors to gain control of objectives or contest those captured by the foe.

345 Pts.

Army Total: 1500 Pts.

Please let me know which list you think has the most potential. Potential in winning of course. Also, please argument why you think it should be changed or it should stay the same, according to you!

Thank you very much!
    Cheers!

Frank

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the top list you should get rid of the third unit of warriors for 4 more immortals and then get rid of the scarabs for 2 more destroyers...why hold the enemy uo when you can just blast it...

be wary about the veil...

good luck, and may the dice gods smile upon you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the input!
    I must say I thinking about that 3rd squad of warriors, but I haven't played 5th a lot yet. And it seems that troops are very important, moreover they could mean the difference in winning and losing.

So what I'm curious about is, do most players here play 2x 10 or something like 2x 12 or so Warriors in a 1500 Pts. game? And then just as Puppet_Master said, just blast them?

Cheers!

Frank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

The number of warriors you use is purely preference. Many players field 3x10 squads of warriors for 1.5k. I haven't done this yet myself, instead running 2x12, but only due to lack of models.

I prefer your first list for weight of numbers, I'd advise dropping a scarab base if you need to loose points, 4 scarabs in a swarm can stall most units for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alzer View Post
    The number of warriors you use is purely preference. Many players field 3x10 squads of warriors for 1.5k. I haven't done this yet myself, instead running 2x12, but only due to lack of models.

I prefer your first list for weight of numbers, I'd advise dropping a scarab base if you need to loose points, 4 scarabs in a swarm can stall most units for a while.
    Once again, Thanks for the input!
    I'm rather curious how you experience working with 2 squads of warriors to claim objectives. Mostly, you'll be forced to leave one squad behind for your (sort of) deployment objective, so I guess there is little room for capturing other objectives. How do you solve this problem?
    I understand you'd prefer to field 3x 10 Warriors, but since you can't, I'd like to know how you deal with this.

Cheers!

Frank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Well...uh honestly. I've only ever done one objective game and it was pretty much a fluke. So it's never come up. However I generally tend to have warriors left over by the end of the game to cap an objective, and some destroyers/Immortals to contend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the first list is better personally, so I will comment on that list.

I would drop the veil, as with only 6/8 immortals it would be better if you just sank the points into more destroyers. Even at the full 10, destroyers come out slightly on top of the circus for most players. With the points from the veil, the immortals can be buffed up to 8 strong, and the list total will become 1499, making the list legal again. The lord can then just orb-sit the warriors and immortals.

If you can use your warriors well enough to ensure they make it through the game, and you can make do with just 2 warrior squads, then use the spare points to make the destroyer squads bigger. However, I personally don't use less than 3 warrior squads, but those who do and can keep the warriors alive seem to do very well with the extra power in their lists.

Hope that helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello again...thinking about it you could just drop the immortals, scarabs and tomb spyders and have

n.lord w/res orb

11x warriors
    11x warriors
    11x warriors

5xdestroyers
    5xdestroyers
    5xdestroyers

i used to play a list like this (before i started focussing on fantasy) and it worked really well

Good luck, and may the dice gods smile upon you and smite your foes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    I think the first list is better personally, so I will comment on that list.

I would drop the veil, as with only 6/8 immortals it would be better if you just sank the points into more destroyers. Even at the full 10, destroyers come out slightly on top of the circus for most players. With the points from the veil, the immortals can be buffed up to 8 strong, and the list total will become 1499, making the list legal again. The lord can then just orb-sit the warriors and immortals.
    You might have a strong point here, I'm definitly going to try this one. I assume the entire force would be best in a Phalanx with the Lord positioned in the middle. Ensuring every squad has at least one model within 6" of the Orb. It would make a legal list indeed and sounds pretty indistructible. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet_master View Post
    hello again...thinking about it you could just drop the immortals, scarabs and tomb spyders and have

n.lord w/res orb

11x warriors
    11x warriors
    11x warriors

5xdestroyers
    5xdestroyers
    5xdestroyers

i used to play a list like this (before i started focussing on fantasy) and it worked really well

Good luck, and may the dice gods smile upon you and smite your foes
    When speaking of massing, you did a rather good job in finding the most possible Destroyer spots in a 1500 Pts. army.
    I can't deny it looks pretty solid. However, IMO it leaves almost no room for tactical gameplay, since every unit is pretty straightforward. That doesn't mean you won't be able tol give your opponent a headache from all those Destroyers.
    Finally, it's a rather expensive list, in cash that is. I don't own any Destroyer yet, and buying 15 Destroyers will cost me a proverbial ribcase. Nevertheless, thank you for sharing your opinion!

Cheers!

Frank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I'm kind of short on cash at the moment, I've decided to make a 'budget' list in comparison to the previous lists. By 'budget' I mean in the way that I'll have to buy the least (expensive) models in order to complete the army. So here I go...

HQ
    - Necron Lord
    Warscythe
    Resurrection Orb
    Destroyer Body
    Gaze of Flame
    Disruption Field

200 Pts.

I intend to keep him behind the Wraiths (for coversave) and eventually assault with the Wraiths. The target depends on the situation, potential Tank/MC-Hunter's and other annoying creature removal.

Troops
    - 10x Warrior
    - 10x Warrior
    - 10x Warrior

540 Pts.

Objective claimers mainly. Steady core of the army, preventing an easy Phase Out. Positioned close to the Monolith to ensure they stay out of CC.

Fast Attack
    - 2x Wraiths
    - 2x Wraiths
    - 5x Destroyer

414 Pts.

I'm aware of the fact that Wraiths are at their best as a trio, but the plan is to use them as a shield for the Lord, since he doens't have an invulnerable save. The 2 Wraith units will remain close to each other in order to garantee a WBB roll.
    Destroyers will meddle with out-flanking units, tear down enemy infantry and destroy enemy transportaion vehicles.

Heavy Support
    - 2 Tomb Spyder's
    - Monolith

345 Pts.

The Monolith has the heavy duty to stay in the game for as long as possible and form the core of the force. Positioned in the middle among the Warrior Squads. Ensure that Warriors don't stay in CC, fire at anything within range and thereby slowly move up towards center of the battlefield or objective(s).
    Both the Tomb Spyder's will babysit the Warrior's and when possible, keep Destroyer's/Wraith's in range. Can potentially assist Warrior's if assaulted, in my honest opion, Tomb Spyder's are (when only 1 Swarm is created) extremely effective. Sometimes you have to be a bit lucky, although they make an excellent Warrior support unit.

Army Total: 1499 Pts.

That's it! Any comments?
    Cheers!

Frank
    Last edited by Zz Cypher zZ; February 10th, 2009 at 00:22.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast