2000 pts twin Autarch list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts twin Autarch list

Hiya! Threw together a list unlike my ordinary one utilizing models I haven't yet had the pleasure of playing with but have been dying to try, mainly revolving around Autarchs and their abilities. Thus far I've included a farseer in every list (due to him being the only hq option I currently own, and the fact that he rocks in general) so I thought I'd give Autarchs a try. I've also been dying to try out Jetbikes. My troops generally consist of DA:s in wave serpents and either guardians or Pathfinders as "fillers", extra scoring units. I've relied almost solely on the performance of my DA though. I've added some of my all-time favourite units as well of course:

HQ:

Autarch - 125pts
    Warp Jump Generator, Mandiblasters, Power Weapon, Fusion Gun

Autarch - 140pts
    Jetbike, Mandiblasters, Laser Lance, Fusion Gun

Elites:

6x Fire Dragons - 241
    ==Wave Serpent==
    Spirit Stones, Twin-linked Bright Lances

Troops:

10x Dire Avengers - 282
    Exarch w/ twin Avengercats, Bladestorm
    ==Wave Serpent==
    Spirit Stones, twin-linked EML:s

10x Dire Avengers - 282
    ==Wave Serpent==

6x Guardian Jetbikes - 152
    2x Shuriken Cannons

2x Shuriken Cannons

2x Shuriken Cannons

Fast Attack:

10x Warp Spiders - 262
    Exarch w/ Dual spinners, Powerblades and Withdraw (<---Jump Generator Autarch goes here)

5x Shining Spears - 212
    Exarch w/ Withdraw (<---Jetbike Autarch goes here)

Total:
    2000 to the point

And that's it! Oh, I just realized that I haven't got any heavies whatsoever...cool Anyway, the idea was to utilize the Autarchs' Master Strategist power and hold some of the Jetbikes in reserves, out of harms way, until needed and turbo-boost them to objectives. Practically any unit in the list can benefit from being held in reserve (apart from the FD:s perhaps) and deepstriking the Warp Spiders on a 2+ in turn 2 just seems awfully sweet. The Warp Spiders and Shining spears are designed to make the most from teaming up with their respective Autarch (the reason why I kitted the Spider Exarch with everything is that with the Autarch they can actually, after shooting that is, do some serious damage in CC and then use withdraw to repeat the process). I don't think it's necessary to write what every unit is supposed to do since anyone with enough expertise to comment the list probably knows what each unit is supposed to do (Jetbikes for objective-grabbing, Spiders for mobile, shooty support etc). As usual it's easier to correct/give advice to someone elses list than it is to see the flaws in your own, so any C & C is very welcome.

Ps. The only units in this list I've actually tried in combat for real are the DA:s and the Spiders, so I'm not entirely certain how it will perform. Ds

With Regards
    Hamsterball

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Shining spears with the autarch will hit like a brick. Keeping them alive until you can strike is generally the big problem with them. Over all I like the list the warp spiders and autarch could use doom to really get the most out of the str 3 power weapons but they do have some decent armor saves to hopefully fall back on if you roll poorly to wound. I do have to put in my normal cry for warlocks in the jetbike squads though. If you removed one of the squads you could get the warlock with spear and power for both units and have enough left over to upgrade to the starlance and skilled rider for the shinning spears. Maybe even an extra firedragon or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That actually crossed my mind...I debated with myself over whether to take warlocks or not, but ultimately decided that I'd write them as 3 groups without locks for now since I haven't a clue as to which power to choose for the locks (haven't played much with them). Enhance seems out of order, since I'll try my best to keep them out of CC...Conceal seems a bit superfluous what with the new cover save rules in 5th ed...Destructor or Embolden I guess. Which one do you suggest?
    I can see how keeping the spears alive will be an issue...however, how would you feel if you had to choose between shooting at Spears that'll kill you in CC, shooting at Fire Dragons coming to kill every tank in sight and then some, shooting at the Warp Spider unit that will shoot YOU to pieces if you neglect it OR shooting at my scoring units. Tactical advancement with the spears coupled with the large number of "threats" in this list ought to increase their survivability, don't you think?
    Combining the Warp Spiders with doom just might be a tad hard, seeing as how one can't have 3 HQ choices. However, I don't intend to use them as a primary CC unit. I'm going to (obviously) shoot them to pieces first, then either jump to safety or use the Autarch and Exarch power weapon combo to mop up the survivors. An updated list will follow as soon as I've decided Powers for the Warlocks. Any suggestions are welcome!

With Regards
    Hamsterball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to go with Embolden since it's cheap and the reroll to leadership tests seems really good. If the group breaks, which it may very well do, numbering just 7 models with leadership 8, they'll fall back a ridiculous distance! Increasing the chance of preventing that for just 5 points seems a real bargain. The updated list is as follows:

HQ:

Autarch - 125pts
    Warp Jump Generator, Mandiblasters, Power Weapon, Fusion Gun

Autarch - 140pts
    Jetbike, Mandiblasters, Laser Lance, Fusion Gun

Elites:

8x Fire Dragons - 258
    ==Wave Serpent==
    Spirit Stones, Twin-linked EML:s

Troops:

10x Dire Avengers - 282
    ==Wave Serpent==

10x Dire Avengers - 282
    ==Wave Serpent==

6x Guardian Jetbikes - 205
    2x Shuriken Cannons
    --Warlock--
    Embolden, Singing Spear

6x Guardian Jetbikes - 205
    2x Shuriken Cannons
    --Warlock--
    Embolden, Singing Spear

Fast Attack:

10x Warp Spiders - 262
    Exarch w/ Dual spinners, Powerblades and Withdraw (<---Jump Generator Autarch goes here)

5x Shining Spears - 237
    Exarch w/ Withdraw, Skilled Rider, Star Lance (<---Jetbike Autarch goes here)

Total:
    I think that's right, although I might've miscalculated a thing or two...Anyway! Changes from the original are:

- Dropped one squad of GJB in favour of Warlocks with Embolden for the other 2
    - Added 2 Fire Dragons for a total of 8 and downgraded the BL:s on their Wave Serpent to EML:s
    - Added an Star Lance and the Skilled Rider power to the Shining Spears

With Regards
    Hamsterball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy Cow! I realized just now that EVERY unit in the list has some sort of anti-tank ability! fusion guns, EML:s, Singing Spears, Star Lances, Death Spinners!!

With Regards
    Hamsterball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Agree on you not having doom just trying to warn that with the low strength they may under preform from time to time in melee. I personally like embolden on bike squads keeps them from running away, destructor is fun but can get you in trouble as you need to be close to use it perhaps run one and one?

Again with the shining spears I was pointing to the biggest problem they have ( low numbers with low number of attacks so any death can be a problem ). Getting them into melee without getting shot by presenting other targets can work running them by the firedragons might be the best way as everyone hates them coming toward their tanks. After a few games you might find people targeting this unit early and often though. ( no marine likes seeing his termies run over by a eldar biker gang )

just saw the new list like it alot. About the AT its one of the reasons I like the warlock in bike squads so much with the speed it can work out well.
    Last edited by nakaruru; January 11th, 2009 at 21:04. Reason: I'm slow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think it'll fare well as an all-comers list? I think it has enough of all necessary elements...but that could just be me It wouldn't hurt with a second opinion.
    Last edited by Hamsterball; January 11th, 2009 at 22:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

It could struggle against the extreme cases of lists list the 3 lith/landraider or pure horde orcs but I think you've covered most of your bases. The overall speed of the list will also help you avoid parts of armies that you find yourself struggling to deal with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just not hope that I run into too many of those lists then. If I do, I can always cry cheese! Thanks for all the input, it sure helped me correct those pesky mistakes one seldom sees in ones own list!

With Regards
    Hamsterball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had put together an all comers dual autarch list a while back, on here. i am going to be changing it up, as i just had the fortune of purchasing two fire prizms (YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!). i like the list that you have formed, however, i think that dropping the dragons and adding in another squad of either spears/spiders/2 fire prizms...would be a better way to go. 6 dragons in a wave serpent are going to tie up a lot of points, and wave serpents with TL BL's (as i found last saturday, when i had 2 do absolutely nothing for me in 5 consecutive games. best i got was an immobilized out of all 5 games) are not that reliable. i think that you have a good core, with the 2 DA's, 3 bikes, spiders and spears, but the dragons seem just a little out of place. o, whoops, readin the wrong list. good change for eml's. gives you the option of adding in a cannon, and using both it and the plasma round as a defensive weapon. 258 points however could buy you quite a lot. like i said, 2 prizms would be ideal. that way you are more prepared to handle those damned 100+ orc armies. just shoot off the pie plates of death. meanwhile, if u had dragons, they would just get decimated by the big green meanies. or, take another full squad of spiders, or maybe consider a squad of banshees in a serpent instead. anyways, just some ideas.
    War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast