1500 Mech Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Mech Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Mech Eldar

Hi all ,

Ive been playing around with this list for a while and have managed to come up with no less than 6 versions of it. But ill just post here the one I think is the best for you guys/gals to pick apart (and hopefully help at the same time).

HQ
    Farseer (Jetbike, Singing Spear, Doom) 113

Elites
    Howling Banshees (6, Exarch, Executioner) 118

Troops
    -Dire Avengers ( 10, Exarch, ASC, BS) 152
    Wave Serpent ( TL-EML , Spirit Stones) 130
    - Dire Avengers ( 10, Exarch, ASC, BS) 152
    Wave Serpent ( TL-EML , Spirit Stones) 130
    - Jetbikes ( 6, 2 Shuriken Cannons) 152

Hvy.Spt.
    - Falcon ( Scatter Laser, Holo-Field, Spirit Stones) 175
    - Fire Prism ( Holo-Field) 150
    - Fire Prism ( Holo-Field) 150

That comes to a total of 1422 points. With the remaining 78 points I was thinking of either getting a warlock on a bike with a singing spear and destructor or conceal for the bike squad; or bumping the bike squad up to 9 with three cannons. I think both options leave around 10-20 points which could be used anywhere.
    Overall I think the list has plenty of mobility and anti-troop but is lacking anti-tank.
    Ill just clear a few suggestions out the way to begin with, I currently own a falcon and 7 banshees which i want to use (so no dropping them ), so taking a 10 strong squad of banshees with a serpent is out of the question unless you can put something else in the falcon. Also I think EML's are better on the serpents than BL, because of the move and fire thing, but Im willing to be conviced lol.
    Thanks in advance everyone !

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

You say your short on AT but are unwilling to upgrade to brightlances as for the moving and shooting unless you really wanted to shoot the catapult on the wave serpent you could fire the brightlance any time you could fire the EML. Getting a warlock with a spear in the bike unit would give you another weapon that could hurt tanks.

You might be able to drop the jetbike squad the jetbike on the farseer and with the extra points get 6 firedragons for the falcon and a full 10 man banshee squad in a wave serpent. It would give you the AT you feel you are short on and keep everything you wanted but it lowers the troops down to two which could cause some problems in objective missions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This probably isnt the place to be putting rules questions, but would some one be able to clarify shooting rules for a fast skimmer?
    I.e. Stationary - All guns.
    6" - ?
    12" - ?
    18" - ?
    24" - ?
    I though that under the current rules the WS can fire a plasma missile (because of its strength) when a BL cant fire.

Also any ideas on choosing between the warlock or the extra 3 bikes with a cannon? I'm guessing the Spear might be more useful but idk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

fast skimmers can move 12" and fire 1 normal weapon and all defensive weapons. brightlance or the krak missile would be a normal weapon the plasma because of it's str would be a defensive weapon. If you go above 12" then you can't fire anything. so again if you can fire the EML you can fire the brightlance. Now if you upgraded the catapult to a cannon then you could move 12" fire the cannon as the primary and plasma as a defensive but would not be able to move 12" and fire a cannon and the brightlance.

The warlock in the jetbike squad makes it more of a threat to vehicles because its str 9 the warlock power can help the squad also, but I would keep your numbers at 6 or higher bikes as lower than that seem to die quickly for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks nakaruru for clearing that up I might try and find the points for BL for both the serpents now, I reckon the DA's inside can more than handle Anti-Infantry so the use of the plasma missile would be limited.
    In regards to the jetbike/warlock situation I can either go with 6 bikers with a warlock or 9 bikers. Im leaning towards the warlock with destructor because even if the bikers dont survive I would still have two 10 man DA squads for objective capturing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might be able to find some points by taking off the holofields on your prizms. only reason i say this is that they should be in the very very way way way way back of you army. while they may get shot at, i think that mostly people will be concerned with the massive amount of advancing firepower, tanks and bikes. that would gain you another 70 points to play around with, giving you a total of 148 points if you count in your current extra points. this would allow you to upgrade your serpents, get the warlock, and probably still have some points left over to get your bike squad up to 9 with a warlock. just food for thought.

trav
    War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

+ Reply to Thread