1500 PTs of Farsight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Worcester, MA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

84 (x2)

1500 PTs of Farsight

Hey everyone.

After losing many games in a row to my tau with his chaos, my friend has started his Orks up, and after much debate (and heckling), I'm starting up a list based around Farsight and the forces he had while he battled the greenskins. Sine I love my crisis suits, I'm working up a list using exclusively FW models as my suits.

So the goal of the list is not necessarily to be 100% competative WAAC, but instead to take the ideas & troops that Farsight had while he was commanding, and mold them into a great looking fluffy and fun to play force on the tabletop. The list should be a take-all-comers type list, with a very minor bent towards orks.

With this idea in mind, I feel that it is necessary to take at least 1 unit from every division of the FOC. I feel this is more representative of the entire army as a whole.

I'll try to explain my reasoning behind the units selection.

Shas'O Farsight - 170
    (Big sword & some other junk...)
    I have to take him, based on fluff. He's not very efficient, and he's kind of a huge restriction on the army, but he's the whole premise.

Shas'el Y'he Sha'is - 100
    I found the centurion to work wonders on certain enemies, and the 7 shots can take out hard targets pretty well. The CIB needs a bit of improvement, but it can cause serious havoc when it hits.

Firestorm 4 - 65
    (Team Leader/BK/BC/MP/TA/HWMT)
    What, no Fireknife? I know, but I've found that in the cover-save-heavy game that we are playing of late, Firestorms work almost as well as the Fireknife, and are much more point efficient. The 24" effective range gives me a pretty good opportunity to cause some havoc, and still be relatively protected. The team leader is there because of a fluff reason (he lost his other team members in the fighting.

Firestorm 4 - 65
    (Team Leader/BK/BC/MP/TA/HWMT)

Deathrain Team - 103
    (Team Leader/BK/TLMP/Flamer & TLMP/Flamer)
    I am a recent convert to these guys. I think of them like my baby XV-88s.

Firewarrior Squad w/Devilfish - 215
    (12 Firewarriors w/Shas'ui [BK], Devilfish w/DP)
    Effectively, 3 mounted FW squads that allow me to move quickly and take objectives when needed. They are pretty frail, but being able to scroe to the last man is a great thing.

Firewarrior Squad w/Devilfish - 215
    (12 Firewarriors w/Shas'ui [BK], Devilfish w/DP)

Firewarrior Squad - 130
    (12 Firewarriors w/Shas'ui [BK])

Pathfinder Squad w/Devilfish - 191
    (8 Pathfinders w/Shas'ui [BK])
    I took these for the extra DF, and so that I can get some much needed upgrades for my HH & XV-88 suit. Plus, they actually take off some of the heat from the rest of the army for a turn or two.

Broadside - 80
    (Advanced Stabilization System)
    I was really trying to find the points to upgrade this guy to a team leader (fluff), but I can't seem to find the 5 points anywhere. None-the-less, he is still an effective unit. My biggest debate of late has been to either go with the TA or the A.S.S.

Hammerhead - 165
    It's a HH. I could use 5 more points for a target lock, but it should still work fine.

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

I dont really like that Farsigth he is extremly uneffective tried him against a Ork Warboss and well it didnt work out. And Farsigth eats up points u could use those 80 points that by onyl using a much more effective normal commander. That would give the HH target lock and get the ability upgread the XV-88 to a team leader

+ Reply to Thread