new to tyranids 1500 pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to tyranids 1500 pt list

This is the 2nd list I have made what do you thing?

HQ:
    warrior brood - 9
    8 w/ ES, TS, AG (both, deathspitters, ST.
    1 w/ ES, TS, AG (both), venom cannon, ST.
    352 pts

Elite:
    Dakkafex
    2 tl devourer, ES, flesh hooks
    114?

lictor
    80 pts

TROOP:
    gaunt - 30
    30 w/ spine fist. - to hold objectives in own deployment zone.
    150 pts

gaunt - 30
    30 w/ spine fist.
    150 pts

FAST ATTACK:
    warrior broad - 9
    9 w/ AG (both), TS, winged, RC, ST.

HEAVY:
    carnifex w/ AG (both), EC, reinforced chitin, TS, toxic miasma, crushing claws, RC.
    177 pts

Zoanthrope SYN, WB
    65 pts

1502 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

K my personal thoughts with this list are severalfold, 1 is that you could do much better by subbing the dakka fex for a daaka rant as the rant gets better to hit chance AND more shots. I also feel you dont need a lictor in the list and 16 spineguants that cost the same could do a much better job in the game as objective holders freeing up the 30 guants for work elsewhere. I LOVE flying CC warriors and if youve got the cash the look FANTASTIC. Hope tjhat helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a fellow new Tyranid, I cannot comment on the details, but I can offer one bit of general advice based on my previous 40K experience: two units of troops is not enough at 1500 points in fifth edition. Your 30 Spinegaunts could potentially be strung out to hold two objectives (I often see Orks do this), but expect them to get the snot shot out of them (I would take two units of Battle Sisters at them, kill an average of 40+ of your 30 guys in one phase and capture your one objective); the other unit will not likely live long enough to plonk on an objective at the end. Your best bet would be to hold one objective and contest, potentially, four. Your list has no realistic hope of doing this, so 1/3 of missions will be an auto-loss for you. Every army requires at least three troops to succeed in fifth edition.

A few details that look odd to me:
    * No Hive Tyrant? It seems mandatory to take at least one, if not two, at 1500 points.
    * Flesh Hooks on a Dakkafex? He is swinging at I1 to begin with, so the Flesh Hooks do not do anything.
    * +I on a Carifex seems pointless. Almost eveything you face is either I1 or I3+. I2 means you will swing before the Power Fist, but unless you drop enough wounds to spread across the whole squad (potentially 10), there is no chance of you killing him before he swings.
    * Your Warriors seem a little pricy to me. I could be wrong, but it seems like there is too much `stuff' on them for it to be cost-effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is certainly an interesting build, I'd love to hear how it performs! So without picking at it too much (and for that matter not knowing your battle conditions, possible opponents, etc.) I'll offer up some feedback to make your army more refined. =)

HQ Warriors: Save some points on these guys by dropping your Adrenal biomorphs. While they CAN do decently in close combat, you probably don't want to engage them unless it's necessary. If you wanted to throw points around Extended Carapace never hurts. Or just make sure to keep some Gaunts between them and other guns to confer a 4+ cover save. I'd also drop the Venom Cannon unless you are looking to stall armored pieces. Most prefer the Barbed Strangler because you are throwing pinning pie plates at your enemy, and with your adjusted BS, they are accurate to cover more units.

Dakkafex: Tried and true anti-infantry. If you had the points left in your budget, Flesh Hooks "never hurts". Remember too that it allows you to scale vertically imassible terrain as difficult so he can climb up building sides and such if it's relevant or strategically beneficial to do.

Lictor: With this style build the Pheramone Trail will be wasted. If you are using him to get Feeder Tendrils on your Flying CC Warriors, you'd be better off just spending some points on Genestealers with them or have your Warriors meet up with a Broodlord/Retinue to share in the rerolls. I'd allocate these points elsewhere.

Spinegaunts: You have a wonderful number of them, but you might be better served breaking them into smaller units. Use them to screen your Warriors and Zoanthropes with a brood in the back to sweep in late game for objectives/board quarters/additional support.

Flying Warriors: These are fierce and a huge threat, but watch out because they can get squished really, really easily in CC with that 5+ armor save...have you considered a CC Flyrant? I'm just worried that these guys will get torn up really easily. I might even suggest taking off the Rending Claws in favor for another set of Scything Talons. You will always get that extra attack, you won't always land that 1/6 chance to rend, especially with one less attack. If only they had six arms, right?

Carnifex: Firstly I can save you points by telling you Rending Claws are redundant on him. As a Monstrous Creature he gets +2d6 to pen vehicles and his normal wounds already ignore armor saves. You are better served by getting another attack out of Scything Talons. To this point, too, you may even wish to drop your Crushing Claws in favor of more Talons. This way you are guaranteed four attacks, instead of the d6 your prior build would have given (and for many, many more points). AG-WS is good, especially with Miasma, but the Initiative one is debateable. If you are really looking to make a CC beast I'd suggest: Bio-plasma, Bonded Exoskeleton, Mace Tail, and/or Tusks.

Zoanthrope: It seems kind of wasted with the massive amount of Synapse your shooty Warriors will hang back and provide. Plus just one Zoanthrope is kind of sad, he'll get lonely! I'd run them with two or three if you were to increase the chance that your "mind bullets" would hit the designated target.

Overall: It looks like it will be a very aggressive CC army! Some good inspiration and not a bad start. If you are able to, I'd look into a Hive Tyrant, a Broodlord, and a good handful or two of Genestealers. If CC is your thing, I think you'll find those units right up your alley! If you are able to share a bit more about your army's concept or your local game meta, it would help to give army advice, too.
    Human beings, while exceptional in the ability to learn from the mistakes of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I plan on doing is playing with friends until I get good with them... but my friends play daemons tau and ig.

HQ:
    warrior brood - 9
    8 w/ ES, TS, deathspitters, ST.
    1 w/ ES, TS, venom cannon, ST. --- note: i could switch this out to a barbed strangler for 5 pts less...
    307 pts

tyrant
    2 tl devourers, ES, EC, TS, toxic miasma
    1 guard
    197 pts

Elite:
    dakkafex
    2 tl devourer, ES, flesh hooks

TROOP:
    gaunt - 15
    15 w/ spine fist. - to hold objectives in own deployment zone.
    75 pts

gaunt - 15
    15 w/ spine fist. - to hold objectives in own deployment zone.
    75 pts

gaunt - 30
    30 w/ spine fist.
    150 pts

FAST ATTACK:
    warrior broad - 9
    9 w/ AG (both), TS, winged, RC, ST.

HEAVY:
    carnifex w/ AG (both), EC, reinforced chitin, TS, toxic miasma, 2 st, bio-plasma

1506 pts
    Last edited by skrim d; January 25th, 2009 at 03:50.

+ Reply to Thread