750pt competative list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750pt competative list

Lord,warscythe,gaze of flame(facing alot of cc orientated armies at the moment)
    10 warriors
    10 warriors
    3 scarab swarms
    monolith!

Every opponent I have played has told me my weakness is phase out but my warriors only really get into the fight when my mono teleports them and the unit threatening them gets a face full of gauss rapid fire death. If they have a chance of taking that I just keep my warriors back a pw them. I was wondering If anyone had any ideas on a way to expand the army and/or improve it.Please remember this is a tourny list and I wouldnt take it in a friendly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take out the monolith and put in some destroyers
    Every time a Necron gets back up an Ultramarine dies.
    :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

just remember that with VoD you can effectivly do the same thing. so what I would like to suggest is take te following set-up.

Lord orb VoD

11 warriors
    10 warriors

3 Destroyers

just put the non WoD unit behind the VoD unit then when they get charged VoD them out and let the unit behind it Blast the heck out of the unit that was assaulting . The destoyers can do some premature Armour hunting. a Immobilized Dreadnought is allmoust useless and so are allmoust all tanks. then you can jsut stay out of it's LoS and you are save

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input. I have tried your list out and it works well but I miss the pw cause of high toughness things e.g. wraithlord,carnifex,hive tyrant(yes I face these things in 750, people in my gw have dirty minds!)However, I used pretty much what you suggested with a monolith,more warriors and a tomb spyder in 1250 and it worked really well. Thanks for all the input and I will be using the list in a campain I am taking part in. Still prefer my list for 750 but thats just me being bias as I cant role to hit with destroyers. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by simplebut; February 3rd, 2009 at 20:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

well be aware that a Staff of Light is still a power weapon mate. the warsyth is only cool because you can crack tanks and ignore Invunrable saves . Staf of light however gives your 3 Assault shots which hit on 3+ and wound on 3+ and no armour save for marines and still a power weapon

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure the staff of light is an awsome weapon especially against space marines but to consider the warscthe you have to think about people who play necrons.Imagine building a captain of chaplin(please forgive the poor knowledge of marine codexes) with the knowledge whatever you do you wont get a save. As a deterrant to assaults the warscythe is very useful (at least in my opinion)The loss of 1-2 space marines will not benifit you hugely but having 10 immortals(or in my case warriors) bouncing round the field should give you a big advantage.However,I do see your point and will try it out next chance I get.Please dont post replies on this topic as I dont want a full fledged warscythe vs staff of light argument breaking out.
    Last edited by simplebut; February 3rd, 2009 at 23:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

Well that chaplain can kill your lord before he can even hit back rendering the Warsyth useless and extra points and shooting loss just ain't worth it. It can still pop marines and you can still force the Chaplain to use his 5+ wardsave . If you have loads of points you can take it but now those points can be better used else were.

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice and as I mentioned before I will try it out(I have actually never used it) But, I did also mention I had little knowledge of the marine codexes and hence the chaplins stat line. I did also say the warscythe is maily a detterant. However, I would love to know any other lord setups you use(Bearing in mind I have 125 points(or 161 if I lose the scarabs)I will also repeat what i said on my previous post that I dont want this whole thread turned over to that small part of the army list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

well you can take the Lord with syth but then take a new list entirly.

Lord(Destroyerbody Warsyth): 140

10 Warriors: 180
    10 Warriors: 180

3 wraiths: 123
    3 wraiths: 123

746 pts.

now you have what is know as the Wraith Flight. those 6 wraiths and lord can pop moust armour (remember on assaulting tanks you hit rear armour only dread's are a exeption). so with the HighS of the Wriaths and armour crack of the Lord's syth you can take down all mosut annything. and if you happen to want to assault you have a big charge range and high number of attacks.

also remember to Turbo boost to get a nice 3+ cover save

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help even if you did almost re-write my whole army list! Looks like an awsome list though I want to buy some wraiths now. The only reason is they allow amour saves as normal.With regars to turbo boosting remember they have a 3+ invunrable already (or is that just me)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast