2500 pts list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500 pts list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

2500 pts list

Here's a 2500 pts list for you to review.
    Now I know that it really lack flavor or originality but I've played 2 games with my Necrons so far and I must say I just love them. I am develloping a taste for the Necron Warriors I cannot explain, they are a pain to kill and I want a lot of them on the board.

Now I want to try the flying circus with a squad of 10 Immortals but I could take 18 Necron Warriors instead of those 10 guys... I'm not sure what I like best, 20 S5, AP4 shots or 36 S4, AP5 shots... Also another squad of Warriors would count as another scoring unit and would give me more wounds to prevent a phase out...

Also, are 3 Monolith considered cheesy? I plan to put 2 in reserve so they can deep strike where I want them to be. I did that with my 2000 pts list with 2 Monoliths, one was on the table and the other one deep strike and it worked like a charm.

[HQ]
    Necron Lord (200 pts)
    Veil of Darkness, Orb of Resurrection

[TROOPS] 990
    15 Necron Warriors (270 pts)
    10 Necron Warriors (180 pts)

[FAST ATTACK] 596
    8 Scarab Swarm (96 pts)
    5 Destroyers (250 pts)
    5 Destroyers (250 pts)

[HEAVY SUPPORT] 705
    1 Monolith (235 pts)
    1 Monolith (235 pts)
    1 Monolith (235 pts)

Total = 2491 pts
    Model count = 74
    Phase out = 18 or less

Last edited by Thyr; February 7th, 2009 at 02:56. Reason: List correction

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to put it bluntly yea and the volume of destroyers is a bit dodgey aswell. However, I think this is the most solid necron list at this points level I have seen.The only changes I would make is lose the unit of 5 destroyers and add another 10 or so warriors and some scarabs just to boost the effectivness of the monolith, increase phase out, and give you a cheap unit that you can through in your opponents face and give them something to assault while they get roasted by the rest of the army shooting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Thanks for the comment. I'll stay cheesy and keep the 3 Monoliths but you make a very valid point concerning the number of Destroyers.

I updated the list to reflect the changes I made. I took 4 squads of 10 Warriors, 1 squad of 15 Warriors and 1 Scarab Swarm to replace the Destroyers I took from the list. The big squad of Warriors will perform the Flying Circus with the Lord while the rest of the army will do what they do best: shoot!

+ Reply to Thread