500/750 pts List Suggestion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    500/750 pts List Suggestion

    So, A bit of an intro!

    Since I was a kid I've always wanted to play some 40k, a few years ago I got into it with a few friends, but they backed out, leaving me with a half finished SOB army and the 4th edition book lol. Now that the 5th is out, and the new ork models look sick, I'm gonna give 'er another go!

    After digging through these forums and the codex, I'm still having a tricky time finding info on a solid low points list with some of the units I like. So I'm wondering is anyone could suggest a list to me in the 500/750 pts range, that able to be bumped up to 1000, or 1250.

    A few things I'd like to see in the list, but am not dead set on:
    TRUKKS!!! Kinda going for the Mad Max gang thing lol
    Boyz on bikes, once again with the mad max kinda theme
    It'd be cool to see some Lootas or Burnas in there
    Shokk attack gun. Not sure if this is really reliable enough in a low pts game lol!

    Basically, I wanna cram a few uniquely orkish units in there!

    Kinda alot to ask, but any suggestions would be great!!


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    No answer lol. Heres a list I kinda threw together. Just wondering how it looks!
    HQ

    Big Mek
    Kustom Force Feild
    Kustom Mega-blasta

    100


    Troop

    12 Trukk Boyz w/ Sluggas 'n Choppas
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk
    -Ram
    -Red Paint Job

    157

    11 Trukk Boyz w/Shootas
    -Big Shoota
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk
    -Ram
    -Red Paint Job

    156

    16 Grotz
    -Rutherd

    58

    Fast

    3 Warbikes
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole

    140

    Elite

    7 Kommandos
    -Nob
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Burna
    -Burna

    140

    Comes to 751 pts



    I'm kinda scared I don't have enough Boyz in there...only two mobz of 12/11. I could drop the Kommandos and some trukk ups, and pick up another mob of trukk boyz. But I'd like to keep the Kommandos (or maybe another Elite unit?). Although its "wrong" I'd like to have at least one unique/specialized unit.

    Since I'll be picking up the Orks Battleforce, I'd like to keep the Warbikes in there, even though I know they do better in groups of 5 plus. (When I bump it up to 1000, I'd like to bring that number up to 5 and maybe a Warboss on a bike.) I had 57 points left, so I threw the Grotz in there to gimme some more bodies on the feild and to tie up/get in the way of the enemies big baddies.

    Since I'm poor I'd like to take advantage of the (surprisingly) Cheap Battleforce from GW lol!
    Last edited by Jesterhead; February 7th, 2009 at 03:23.

  4. #3
    Senior Member animated_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Louth, Ireland.
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    133 (x2)

    looks good.
    W/D/L Rumpin' BackThumpa's WAAAGH, 38/3/21

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

    Well, I guess it's not too bad, but from experience I would like to add a few things.


    1. The Grotz, if you take them, will need another Runt-herd because you can only have 10 Grotz per Runt-Herd (Unless I'm mistaken..I know you need 1 per 10...but I don't thnk you can get more than 10 unless you have a 2nd Runtherd).

    2. All your groups seem rather small. The Kommandos and Warbikes feel too weak because if they lose 1 unit, they'll have a good chance of running away. I would suggest sticking to either Kommandos or Warbikes and get more of whichever squad you choose. In addition, I would reccomend higher quantities of Boyz and possibley Grotz.

    Overall, Orks need to have less mobs of higher quantity as opposed (I.e. 2 units of 10x something is better than 4 units of 5x). The number one thing about Orks is you need to have enough to keep the Mob rule..otherwise they'll be very likely to run away because of their Low Leadership value.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

    Hey Jesterhead, welcome to the waaagh! Another post I was commenting on has got me thinking about a solid 750 point army as well. I'm going to have to agree with the points DZ made (Can I call you that Darkzephyr?).

    In such a low point army your going to have to make the tough choice between bikes or commandos. Honestly, I don't have experience with either but I'd think the warbikes would be more versatile. They can be fast tank hunters with the PK Nob, they can provide assault support for some Trukk Boyz, they can provide light anti-infantry support with their dakka guns, and they can contest objectives at the last moment with their speed. By the way, the math on the bikers is incorrect. A unit of 3 would only be 115 points not 140, but if you keep them I'd up the group to 5 at the cost of 165 points.


    I'd ditch the Kustom Mega Blasta on the Big Mek. Really he's only there to provide a cover save for your units / trukks but I wouldn't count on him making good use of a KMB. Besides, with the gets hot! rule and his poor BS he'll probably end up doing just as much damage to himself! Also, I'd max out the other Trukk Boyz unit and make them Slugga Boyz instead of shoota Boyz.

    Here is a re-worked list with an attempt to keep a semblance of your original list:

    HQ

    Big Mek with KFF

    Troops

    12 Slugga Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk with Ram and Red Paint

    12 Slugga Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk with Ram and Red Paint

    24 Shoota Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole

    Fast Attack

    5 Warbikes, Nob, PK, Bosspole

    Total Points: 748

    As you can see you can either take a decent unit of warbikes or replace them as commandos. If you're really wanting to take an elite unit you could also trade the warbikes for Lootas, but their use is not quite as broad as bikers.
    Last edited by russ_c; February 8th, 2009 at 11:33.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by russ_c View Post
    Hey Jesterhead, welcome to the waaagh! Another post I was commenting on has got me thinking about a solid 750 point army as well. I'm going to have to agree with the points DZ made (Can I call you that Darkzephyr?).

    In such a low point army your going to have to make the tough choice between bikes or commandos. Honestly, I don't have experience with either but I'd think the warbikes would be more versatile. They can be fast tank hunters with the PK Nob, they can provide assault support for some Trukk Boyz, they can provide light anti-infantry support with their dakka guns, and they can contest objectives at the last moment with their speed. By the way, the math on the bikers is incorrect. A unit of 3 would only be 115 points not 140, but if you keep them I'd up the group to 5 at the cost of 165 points.


    I'd ditch the Kustom Mega Blasta on the Big Mek. Really he's only there to provide a cover save for your units / trukks but I wouldn't count on him making good use of a KMB. Besides, with the gets hot! rule and his poor BS he'll probably end up doing just as much damage to himself! Also, I'd max out the other Trukk Boyz unit and make them Slugga Boyz instead of shoota Boyz.

    Here is a re-worked list with an attempt to keep a semblance of your original list:

    HQ

    Big Mek with KFF

    Troops

    12 Slugga Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk with Ram and Red Paint

    12 Slugga Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk with Ram and Red Paint

    24 Shoota Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole

    Fast Attack

    5 Warbikes, Nob, PK, Bosspole

    Total Points: 748

    As you can see you can either take a decent unit of warbikes or replace them as commandos. If you're really wanting to take an elite unit you could also trade the warbikes for Lootas, but their use is not quite as broad as bikers.

    I like that list ALOT actually! Thanks. After re-reading the codex, I found out that on a Big Mek, I can't take a KKF KMB, I suppose I can't replace his slugga twice lol. And, ya, I'm not sure how I messed up the math on the Bikers....

    So would I be best to attach the Big Mek to the Shoota boyzs? or keep him alone, and move up behind the trukks to keep him/them safe? Maybe drop a boy or two in the shoota mob and buy big shoota or two? or are they not worth the points?

    thanks again!

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

    I made at least one mistake...those shoota Boyz should take 2 big shootas! Make the unit 22 Shoota Boyz with 2 Big shootas instead

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterhead View Post
    I like that list ALOT actually! Thanks. After re-reading the codex, I found out that on a Big Mek, I can't take a KKF KMB, I suppose I can't replace his slugga twice lol. And, ya, I'm not sure how I messed up the math on the Bikers....

    So would I be best to attach the Big Mek to the Shoota boyzs? or keep him alone, and move up behind the trukks to keep him/them safe? Maybe drop a boy or two in the shoota mob and buy big shoota or two? or are they not worth the points?

    thanks again!

    Actually, you can take the Kustom Mega Blasta and the Kustom Force Field (I just checked my codex). The KMB replaces the slugga along with other guns, and the KFF replaces the Choppa...along with other special items.

    I would attach the Big Mek to a squad of Boyz for sure...the Shoota Boyz would be a good choice, but make sure to keep the Trukks within 6" for as long as possible so they get a 4+ obscured save.

    Big Shootas are definitely worth it to!

    I like the lists that you guys have done so far. I think Russ' list would work quite well, but I think he could drop 4 Boyz and get another Biker.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkzephyr View Post
    Actually, you can take the Kustom Mega Blasta and the Kustom Force Field (I just checked my codex). The KMB replaces the slugga along with other guns, and the KFF replaces the Choppa...along with other special items.
    I did a double take on the codex: it has two seperate sections for the KMB and KFF but they both say "Replace slugga with one of the following" although I think the entry the KFF is under is suppose to be "Replace slugga and choppa with one of the following". Either way, Jester is right, you can't have a KMB and a KFF.

    Man, thats a major typo because with the current wording a Big Mek can have a Shock Attack Gun AND Burna! haha

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Yes, the Codex is very confusing in that section lol. I guess they split it up because one set of them are guns and the other is wargear I suppose. Contemplating taking the rams off the trukks as well?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts