1500 PT Eldar friendlyish - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 PT Eldar friendlyish

Hi. Been out of playing for a while but just started back up at a local store. Dragged out some of my old Eldar models to play with and formed up a list which I felt could probably do with a little bit of critiquing.

2 farseers Doom, Eldritch Storm, Mind War,Fortune ,Spirit Stone,runes of witnessing,singing spear=346 points

5 Striking Scorpions exarch with claw ,stalker, shadowstrike.= 132

8 fire dragons- crack shot, exarch w fire pike,tank hunters =168

6 rangers pathfinders =144

20 Guardians Starcannon, Warlock,Conceal,Spear =228

10 Dire Avengers Exarch w bladestorm= 147

10 Dire Avengers exarch w bladestorm =147

D Cannon=50 points

Falcon starcannon stones =150

I'm aware the Guardian Squad is far too large however I don't have a second weapon battery to form into two squads. I also know I spent far too much on my Farseers one reason is due to lack of other models and another is that I used to play Ulthwe before they decided it shouldn't exist anymore * grumble* and I'm a whore for seers. Still could do with some work.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears nobody likes my army.
    Sad Panda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a pro myself either however I feel like the list lacks some ranged Anti tank.
    Fire dragons are good but it seems to be the only effective anti tank. Which needs to get close. They sacrifice the falcon range as well becasue the falcon needs to be carrying it.

Also I am a fan of scatter lasers just a consideration

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking if I replaced the Falcon with a Waveserpent with Twin Linked Brightlances and sat the Fire Dragon squad inside that might give me that much more of an anti-vehicle punch.

If I could afford it I'd love a War Walker Squadron all with Scatter Lasers the sheer number of shots is Dakka Dakka fun! However my main opponents do tend to like to clad themselves in lots and lots of power armour hence more Starcannons seeming logical, at least for the guardian weapon squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Large guardian squads are not exactly bad but I think that squad is a bit more than required. 6 dragons in a falcon with holofields can be very effect AT. If you decide to move to a full squad in a waveserpent they should work well also. I would also trim out some of the points on the farseers, if you like Ulthwe (and everyone should ) maybe look as getting a warlock council. Fortuned warlocks make more than a few opponents very sad.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like the idea of a *Seer Council Lite* and I think I might incorporate it when I get enough warlock models perhaps with the second Farseer being much cheaper and for a support role or a shiny Avatar.

As for Guardians part of me would perhaps be happier with around 3 smaller squads with weapons however the huge mass of Guardians would certainly makes a large mobile firebase and the combination of conceal+fortune makes them suprisingly resilient.

+ Reply to Thread