2000 pt. Necron FeaR - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. Necron FeaR

So I've been messing around with different army lists to take to a local fun tourney here and I was wondering what people thought of this list. I've always liked pariahs, even though almost every game I regret taking them because of the big bullseye they have on they heads, BUT since I got my second monolith I've been tinkering around with the idea of them again. So here's the list:

HQ:
    Necron Lord : 205
    (Destroyer Body, Orb, Gaze, Chronometron) + Slicer

Troops:
    Warriors x10 : 180
    Warriors x10 : 180
    Elites:
    Pariahs x8 : 288
    Flayed Ones x6 : 108
    Flayed Ones x6 : 108

Fast Attack:
    Destroyers x3 : 150
    Destroyers x3 : 150
    Scarabs! x10 : 160
    (Disruptions Fields!)

Heavy Support:
    Monolith : 235
    Monolith : 235

Total : 1999
    Phase = 7

So... a couple things. Phase Out is fairly low, but to be honest I've only phased out once in a game and that was when I failed 75% of my armor saves during the match and about the same in WBB . PO isn't really a concern for me. But since I got my 2nd monolith I've been using the monolith wall and I must say it's really fun. I use it so that the core of the army can't be targeted at range (i.e. warriors, pariahs, fo's) and if they can be targeted, majority of the time they'll get a cover save against AP 3 or less. I use the wall to block off a part of the map and use my core and flanks to concentrate on the side that's exposed. The only match I played with this list was against Dark Eldar and I won. He had about 10 lances or so trying to pick off warriors but they he rarely got a shot off since the monoliths + terrain made it so he couldn't see any of them. Eventually he split his forces up to avoid the block and I was able to concentrate fire on one unit at a time which didn't turn out too well for him. The only real problems I see with this list is that I rely on the monolith wall for defense while Whipping him. Any armies that have an easier time than most to take the wall down (i.e. Tau /w Rail Guns ) or immobilizing it, would cause a pretty big problem for me. But all in all I kind of like it since my pariahs don't die within 3 turns like normal, they actually made it through the game while I only lost 5 of em due to pretty terrible rolls in CC .
    Let me know what you guys think

Last edited by LTdomination; February 8th, 2009 at 06:00.
    After 2 turns:
    "What the #%&! I killed 14 warriors and only 2 actually died?!"
    "Looks like you're going to have to do something else!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Hey, welcomes are in order I believe.

I like your list rather alot. there are a couple things I would personally change about it. Namely removing the D-field scarabs, chornometron, and add more warriors. I'm not a terrible fan of d-field scarabs just because of how many other options necrons will have to kill vehicles (pretty much every unit can do it) having an extra squad of warriors will give you more versatility in the end.

Other than that I've always kind of found the warscythe on lords to be iffy, their gun is nice enough to keep around for some extra shots before charging.

Hopefully the monoliths give you enough over in future games, however don't neglect the cover on the field as well

It's good to see a fear list around. I've been considering using one myself lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Alzer.
    Yeah I know the warrior count is low but typically I always have them out of harms way using the terrain and LOS block with the monoliths. I'd probably have trouble in objective-based missions since I only have two squads to capture. I only have the 28 from the battleforce so I've never run with more than 2 units of troops haha. I'm looking to get more ><.
    The chrono and the d-fields were kind of just for testing. I figured the 50 pts total for them on the list wasn't that bad of an option considering that's 2 warriors and change or another destroyer (which I don't have o_O). The chrono would help in CC cases in running down and the ever-important SA. The warscythe on him was something I already had modeled on him, so I usually run it; that and because I like to use him as a quick tank-buster against side armor or back if i can. The D-fields I decided to slap on the scarabs cause I would use them as a tank-busting sort if the enemy chose to ignore them. My logic was that if they chose to have a tank sitting and blasting away, I'd come at them with 40 scarab attacks that all hit if they didnt move. With the 6-7 glances expected, I would assume at least one would be an armament, which is what I would mostly care about. Immobilized and further cumulative damage effects would just be icing. They could rinse and repeat next turn or could just charge a heavy support and tie it up for the rest of the game.

Hrm I could do this: change the lord to a slogger with the rest, with just an orb and gaze, tack the pariahs down to 6 and remove the df's from the scarabs while dropping them to 8. That'd be 1993 with another 10 man block of warriors. Hrm... I kind of like that better
    After 2 turns:
    "What the #%&! I killed 14 warriors and only 2 actually died?!"
    "Looks like you're going to have to do something else!"

+ Reply to Thread