1750 List for Contest - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 List for Contest

OK so tomorow night there is a contest at my local store, basically u go play a mini-tournament and the winner gets to choose a battleforce/battalion boxset.

Heres my 1750 list that I am going to try and win this thing with.

==HQ==

Prince Yriel - 155pts

==ELITES==

6 Banshees - 128pts
    -Exarch
    -Executioner
    -War Shout
    -Acrobatic

Wave Serpent - 160pts
    -TL Scatter Lasers
    -Vectored Engines
    -Star Engines
    -Spirit Stones

==Troops==

6 Jetbikes - 152pts
    -2 Shuriken Cannons

6 Jetbikes - 152pts
    -2 Shuriken Cannons

6 Jetbikes - 152pts
    -2 Shuriken Cannons

==FAST ATTACK==

3 Vypers - 210pts
    -3 Starcannons

2 Vypers - 150pts
    -2 Brightlances

==Heavy Support==

Fire Prism - 180pts
    -Spirit Stones
    -Holo-Field
    -Vectored Engines

Wraithlord - 155pts
    -Brightlance
    -EML
    -2 Flamers

Wraithlord - 155pts
    -Brightlance
    -EML
    -2 Flamers

So all in the list is 1749.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

It came from the warp... Fleeting Ęther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by SteVieBizzLe View Post
    OK so tomorow night there is a contest at my local store, basically u go play a mini-tournament and the winner gets to choose a battleforce/battalion boxset.

Heres my 1750 list that I am going to try and win this thing with.

Ok, since you want to win the tournament so badly, I'm going to pick this thing apart unit by unit.
    ==HQ==

Prince Yriel - 155pts
    Looks good, Yriel is great to have in a Wave Serpent as his template provides a huge threat to any assault squads, or anything else that isn't a vehicle for that matter.

==ELITES==

6 Banshees - 128pts
    -Exarch
    -Executioner
    -War Shout
    -Acrobatic
    Only 6 Banshees? Banshees are only at their most potent with a full squad of 10. I'm going to assume that they ride with Yriel alongside them, but after he explodes on the squad and they finish it off, how are they going to annihilate other squads? Yriel only gets his template once a game, so that's a one trick pony. I've never used Banshees, but people usually don't run less than 10 Banshees in a competitive army. Oh, and Banshees are very much not worth their points without doom on a Farseer, as their S3 will cripple their ability to inflict wounds on targets worthy of their power weapon spam.

Wave Serpent - 160pts
    -TL Scatter Lasers
    -Vectored Engines
    -Star Engines
    -Spirit Stones
    Vectored Engines are a waste of points. If you need them it means that you were playing poorly, and the chance of an immoblised is only 1/6, so again, not worth it. Spirit Stones are good. Star Engines I'll leave up to playstyle, some people swear by them, I've never used them so I'll leave that up to you.

==Troops==

6 Jetbikes - 152pts
    -2 Shuriken Cannons
    Three of these squads? You've got Wraithlords so this isn't a Saim Hann list if that's what you're going for. The Jetbikes are good, don't get me wrong, but relying on that 12" range for the majority of your firepower is going to cripple your ability to kill anything. I'd drop 2 sets of them for 10 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch, 2x Catapults and Bladestorm in a Wave Serpent.

6 Jetbikes - 152pts
    -2 Shuriken Cannons

6 Jetbikes - 152pts
    -2 Shuriken Cannons

==FAST ATTACK==

3 Vypers - 210pts
    -3 Starcannons
    I've never used Vypers before either, but splitting them into groups depending on role, while Eldar style, isn't the most effective for making the opponent make tough decisions. If they rely on tanks, they'll kill the BL Vypers, if they've got Termies/Plague Marines, they'll kill the Starcannons. I'd find points to add another Starcannon Vyper and make them into two squads of 2 SC + 1BL. This makes both squads an equal threat to both types of units and while reducing the effectiveness of the SC's (aka making them nigh worthless when shooting at tanks) your opponents are most likely going to be entirely mechanized if at all, due to most tourney armies being horde or fullout mech these days. If they're hybrid, then the rest of your army can worry about the troops for a turn while you pop the tanks with the Bright Lances.

2 Vypers - 150pts
    -2 Brightlances

==Heavy Support==

Fire Prism - 180pts
    -Spirit Stones
    -Holo-Field
    -Vectored Engines
    Drop the Vectored Engines and the Holo-Field. The Holo-Field isn't worth it because 2/3 of the results on the chart make the Fire Prism worthless, Weapon Destroyed, Immoblized, Wrecked, and Annihilated all make the Fire Prism either dead or without it's cannon. Some people like Spirit Stones on them, some don't, this one is more up to personal choice.

Wraithlord - 155pts
    -Brightlance
    -EML
    -2 Flamers
    Personally I love Wraithlords, but both Wraithlords and Fire Prisms operate most optimally in pairs, so I would either drop the Fire Prism for something else, or drop both Wraithlords, pick up another Prism, and spend the points from the lord somewhere else.

Wraithlord - 155pts
    -Brightlance
    -EML
    -2 Flamers

So all in the list is 1749.
    Ok, now that comments are out of the way, here's a list using the above suggestions.

==HQ==
    Farseer - 98
    ---Doom
    ---Runes of Warding
    ---Singing Spear
    Prince Yriel - 155
    ==Troops==
    10 Dire Avengers - 167
    ---Exarch
    ---Dual Avenger Catapults
    ---Bladestorm
    ---Defend