#1 · (Edited)
Ok guys this is my new list:

Farseer, Doom, Guide, Stones, spear.

10 Guardians with EML

10 Guardians with EML

5 Jetbikes

5 Jetbikes

10 Fire Dragons + Wave serpant with twin BL

9 banshies + Exarch with Executioner and counter attack+ Wave serpant with twin EML

5 Dark Reapers

3 War Walkers with two scatter lasers.

Idea with this list is simular to old below with the banshies and dragons.

farseer maining going to stick and guide the walkers so many scatter laser with guide is sick lol.

Jet Bikes fast objective grabbers.

Below is the old list so know what posts are talking about.

Farseer, Doom, Guide, Stones.

10 Guardians with EML

10 Guardians with EML

10 Guardians with EML

10 Guardians with EML

10 Guardians with EML

10 Guardians with EML

10 Fire Dragons + Wave serpant with twin BL

9 banshies + Exarch with Executioner and counter attack+ Wave serpant with twin EML

5 Dark Reapers

1497 pts total

The idea is to be able to hit hard with EML and pin units hopefully to reduce fire.
Speed forward with serpans and release the dragons and banshies VS heavy armour and tnaks etc.
Reapers just do what they do best lol

So what does everyone think happy to discuss army and tactics

See less See more
#3 ·
id like to see an exrch w/ tempest launcher and crack shot in the reapers, your armys geared towards marine type armies and the tempest is a real pain for them as they get no cover or armour saves. if the units doomed..even better.

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

it might also be worth considering an avatar if your guardian heavy, having them fearless is a real boon

#4 ·
I would be very worried about the guardian squads. It will be very hard to hide them all in cover. With no warlocks they don't have any special bonuses and a low LD. I would think of dropping one of the squads for another farseer (doom or guide). Getting the darkreaper exarch with the tempest launcher could be a good upgrade. The avatar suggestion is also worth a look.

#5 ·
To be honest,

Very boring and not very effective either. Mix it up a bit, get different weapons, get some transports.. do anything !

Six identical defender squads? You can take storm guardians or guardian jetbikes and you will still keep theme.

#6 ·
There was a time when this might have been viable.

This is not that time.

The enemy will, in most games, come charging in strong and fast and you simply aren't going to be able to stop them, and guardians can't move fast enough to avoid the slaughter.

If you make one change I'd switch to and avatar. At least then they're fearless.

If you can change more I'd orient more of your army for countering the assault units that likely will be flying your way.

#7 ·
what my thoughts where was i wanted alot of troops. problem yes being said not very long lasting, however trying to make up for it in numbers.

Thought about the avitar however it just instantlly became the target of heavy weapons and didnt last more than 2 turns.

Jetbikes and warlocks where also considered however just ate up points and wasnt left with many troops units.

Assults ahve not being a problem at all anything getting into range was compleatly annhililated or fire dragons where flying about to take down.

#8 ·
I am somewhat partial to a Guardian infantry horde list. The main issue really is that your basic Guardian does die fairly quickly and that's even if he or she can find cover..

What I find you need are bullet sponges! You're right about the Avatar dying fairly quickly, but that's two turns that the enemies not shooting at your fragile guardians not to mention fearlessness :). Add to that a couple of Wraithlords and you've got yourself a very resiliant army. I'd be tempted to take out the reapers or the banshees for some Wraithlord goodness and to add a avatar. Maybe one less squad of guardians as well.

I find Dire Avengers to be pretty good as well as they are more resiliant than your noob guardian and can let out a withering hail of shots with bladestorm..

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Uhh I might be wrong but in 5th ed dosn't EVERYONE get the counter attack rule or somthing similar so it's rather pointless for banshees to take it.

Eml with the whole scatter thing has made them really crud -against infintry scatter laser is best, against tanks bright lance is still king and in eldar as whole generalization sucks!

Please use capitals and punctuation.
Skar

#10 ·
Counter-attack is different from defenders react. Check the rulebook.

Also, the EML only scatters in frag mode and against most armies it hardly matters if it does. I think the EML in 5th is one of the best and most versatile guns in the list.

#11 · (Edited)
I agree the EML is great it can be used anti infantry having a good ap and pinning really effective against troops and can knock up to solid shot and got a decent tank/ monster cracker.

I think i will type another list with some of the thoughts said in mind my innitial fears have being backed up by what people have being saying about the gardians so think will swap some for jet bikes. As long as i dont waste them good objective captures which i ahve learnt is needed for this army as the 2 transports cant always be relied upon to grab a squad and run on objectives.

Avitar just dont know i do like them but doom and guide jst cant be given up lol.

also might add some war walkers with twin scatter lasers as find them really effective depends how my points work.

Thanks for comments guys keep them going.

New list being posted on my first post. so posts after this point be mainly on my second list, so no one gets lost. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.