1750 tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 tournament list

1 Farseer @ 153 Pts
    Doom ; Guide ;Spirit Stones (PpStn); Eldar Jetbike (EJ; Singing Spear (SSpr)

1 Autarch @ 140 Pts
    Mandiblaster (Mb); Eldar Jetbike (EJ; Laser Lance (LL); Shuriken Pistol (Sp); Fusion Gun (Fg);

6 Fire Dragons @ 196 Pts
    1 Wave Serpent @ [100] Pts
    TL Shuriken Cannons (TL-SCan)

9 Howling Banshees @ 287 Pts
    1 Howling Banshee Exarch @ [43] Pts
    War Shout (WS); Executioner (Ex)

9 Dire Avengers @ 252 Pts
    1 Dire Avenger Exarch @ [44] Pts
    Bladestorm (BS); 2 Avenger SC

9 Dire Avengers @ 252 Pts
    1 Dire Avenger Exarch @ [44] Pts
    Bladestorm (BS); 2 Avenger SC

5 Pathfinders (Rangers) @ 120 Pts
    Pathfinders;

3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron @ 66 Pts

1 War Walker Squadron @ 180 Pts
    Scouts
    1 War Walker @ [60] Pts
    Scatter Laser (SctL); Scatter Laser (SctL)
    1 War Walker @ [60] Pts
    1 War Walker @ [60] Pts

4 Support Weapon Battery @ 100 Pts
    1 Support Weapon @ [50] Pts
    D-cannon (D-c)
    1 Support Weapon @ [50] Pts
    D-cannon (D-c)

Total Roster Cost: 1746

The roles i plan on using things.
    Farseer: guideing the war walkers and dooming the unit they shoot at or the banshees are chargeing.
    Autarch: Clean up unit for the dire avengers.
    Fire Dragons: Going after tank or sit back for deepstriking termies.
    Banshees: Counter charge for dire avengers or putting pressure on enemy objectives.
    Dire Avengers: taking out infantry and objective taking.
    Pathfinders: Infiltrate and take shots to try and get my opponent to split his force.
    Jetbikes: Sit back last turn Turbo boost to contest/capture
    Warwalkers: take out infantry/transports, deploys a little off to the side to try and force opponent to split.
    D-Cannons: deploy in cover and take pot shots at anything in range. again to try and force my opponent to split his force.

This list relies on my opponent splitting his fire and and going after 2 targets at once. when he does i can use my speed to focus on on side of his army. then go after the other. if he does not split i can play run away, untill he goes after one of my slower units and respond with a flank.

Comments welcome. Cheers

Last edited by Fallenangels; February 17th, 2009 at 02:04.
    "What good are the Imperial Guard, If not to die for the Emporer!" - Dawn of War

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Try to clear up the standard equipment all that extra stuff makes the list a bit harder to read. Having said that the only comments I really have is get some stones on your transports your plans focus on being able to move but a shot or two directed at a wave serpent may leave it stranded for a round. And I'm not a big fan of the 3 man bike squad for objective grabs. You can't be sure when they will come in and you can't be sure when the match will end. They also make for easy kp if you get that mission.

Now the fast fix to me would be to drop the bikes and use the points to upgrade the transports but this leaves the list with only 3 scoring units which would be a problem by itself. So the next best thing I can think of is to drop the autarch or atleast get him off the bike. In part this is because there are no other bikes you plan to use offensively for him to run with so often he would be exposed to shooting. With the points you could get the stones for waveserpents, and up the number of bikes making them a bit more useful overall.

Looking at the list again it seems like your AT is rather short ranged and focused mainly in the firedragons. Just something to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nakaruru View Post
    Try to clear up the standard equipment all that extra stuff makes the list a bit harder to read. Having said that the only comments I really have is get some stones on your transports your plans focus on being able to move but a shot or two directed at a wave serpent may leave it stranded for a round. And I'm not a big fan of the 3 man bike squad for objective grabs. You can't be sure when they will come in and you can't be sure when the match will end. They also make for easy kp if you get that mission.

Now the fast fix to me would be to drop the bikes and use the points to upgrade the transports but this leaves the list with only 3 scoring units which would be a problem by itself. So the next best thing I can think of is to drop the autarch or atleast get him off the bike. In part this is because there are no other bikes you plan to use offensively for him to run with so often he would be exposed to shooting. With the points you could get the stones for waveserpents, and up the number of bikes making them a bit more useful overall.

Looking at the list again it seems like your AT is rather short ranged and focused mainly in the firedragons. Just something to think about.
    Thanks for the responce. the nice thing about a lone autarch is most people will ignore it because its only 1 model, and i can usually hide him well enough not to get to many shots at him. im not a fan of stones on tanks, so i wont be taking them.
    I agree that the 3 man squad is small but again its not threatening so it usually gets ignored. For the anti tank, most armies are meqs. they usually consist of rhinos and a vindicator or Land Raider. i find str 6 is enough. all my dedicated AT is short range, keep in mind though that i only intend to ever fight half of my opponents army with almost all of mine.

however ill look into what i can do with the bikes maybe drop a warwalker. ill look into it.

also all the little things are there because i just copied it right out of army builder. ill take them out though.
    Last edited by Fallenangels; February 17th, 2009 at 02:01.
    "What good are the Imperial Guard, If not to die for the Emporer!" - Dawn of War

+ Reply to Thread