Librarium Online Forums banner

1,500 pt Nid list (new player)

428 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Phaeron Typhoon 
#1 ·
Ok, so as of now I have about 750 points of my nid list bought, but I thought I would share my 1500 pt goal with all of you before I commit more cash to it.

Hive Tyrant
Enhanced Senses
Toxin Sacs
Flesh Hooks
2x Twin Linked Devourers
-2 Tyrant Guard

Brood Lord
Toxin Sacs
Feeder Tendrils
-8 Genestealers
-Extended Carapace

5 Warriors
Toxin Sacs
Extended Carapace
Deathspitters
Scything Talons

Carnifex
Adrenal Glands (WS)
Toxic Miasma
Flesh Hooks
2x Scything Talons

Carnifex
Adrenal Glands (WS)
Toxic Miasma
Flesh Hooks
2x Scything Talons

16 Gaunts
Spinefists

16 Gaunts
Spinefists

8 Gaunts
Fleshborers

8 Gaunts
Fleshborers

8 Genestealers
Extended Carapace

Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
Flesh Hooks
2x Twin Linked Devourers

Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
Flesh Hooks
2x Twin Linked Devourers

So the Flesh Hooks on the Tyrant and Devourer Fexes are only there because I had a handful of points left and nothing to spend them on. I would have liked to have had enough points to fit Shadow in the Warp on the Tyrant but I didn't have enough, so flesh hooks it was.

I figured that they werent many points, and they would help in a just in case scenario if I ever had an instance where I needed to contest an objective in cover or something.

The list comes out to 1,500 points exactly

See less See more
#2 ·
I have played Tyranids for 3 years and i think its pretty good

if i where to change anything it would be to give the broodlord implant attack (makes him great to take out stuff like comanders and other big beasties) ive always given it that (it works)

and i would take away one of the carnifexes and upgrade your MC more.

i usualy never have more than three warriors in a squad, it alows you to take more big guns and if you add on one warrior and split the squad, more synapse for you.

#3 ·
What upgrades do you think my other mc's need?

If its turning any of the dakka fex's into snipers I'm not a huge fan. I dont like the venom cannon in 5th, and I think that the devourers would do well, even compared against teh Barbed Strangler.

Any thoughts on this? Should I drop a carni to make one a Sniperfex?

#4 · (Edited)
ok, I have been working on another list as a variant to the above, let me know which one you think is better. (comments are appreciated on both)

Hive Tyrant
Enhanced Senses
Toxin Sacs
2x Twin-linked Devourers
Psychic Scream
2 Tyrant Guard

Hive Tyrant
Enhanced Senses
Toxin Sacs
2x Twin-linked Devourers
2 Tyrant Guard

Carnifex
Adrenal Glands (WS)
Toxic Miasma
Flesh Hooks
2x Scything Talons

Carnifex
Adrenal Glands (WS)
Toxic Miasma
Flesh Hooks
2x Scything Talons

16 Gaunts
Spinefists

16 Gaunts
Spinefists

8 Gaunts
Fleshborer
Without Number

8 Gaunts
Fleshborer
Without Number

10 Genestealers
Extended Carapace
Feeder Tendrils
Scuttlers

2 Zoanthropes
Synapse
Warp Blast

Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
Reinforced Chitin
Flesh Hooks
Venom Cannon
Barbed Strangler

#5 ·
Looks like a great list. But on the genestealers, i would take off the EC and give them Toxin sacks. The only real reason i would give them EC is to protect them from bolter fire, and if you're outflanking them they should be in combat the turn the arrive. instead of symboite rippers on the fex, give it flesh hooks. You can use hooks to get up on impassable terrain and fire down from it. (and rippers have no purpose...) if you have any extra points, always try to give your hive tyrants psychic powers. 2 psychic screams are always fun, or a shadow in the warp and psychic scream is also great if running against a psyker list.

#6 ·
The problem with taking off carapace, as I see it, is that there is no guarantee that they will come in on a side that is near the enemy as there is no guarantee that my opponent will deploy and move in an even line across the board.

The other problem I see is that even if they get into combat, since you can no longer consolidate into another unit, there is a chance of the stealers just sitting there for an entire turn of enemy shooting.

These may be very small issues however, since I haven't played since the very beginning of 4th edition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.