Tyranid Tournament Army 2500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid Tournament Army 2500pts

HQ
    Species: Hive Tyrant
    Bioweapons: Bonesword & Lash Whip, Scything Talons
    Biomorphs: Adrenal Glands I & WS, Toxin Sacks, Winged, Warp Field, Flesh Hooks
    Total Cost: 208pts
    Tactical Advise: Great Synapse for fast beasts such as Hormagaunts, Handles any kind of Squad in CQC
    Extra Notes: It ether makes it up to the enemies lines and does a lot of damage, or distracts a lot of fire and lets the rest of your army make it.

Species: Hive Tyrant
    Bioweapons: Scything Talons, Vennom Cannon
    Biomorphs: Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacks, Acid Maw, Toxic Miasma, Extended Carapace
    Total Cost: 186pts
    Tactical Advise: Keep him back a for a while then hit the opponent in CQC near the end of the battle.
    Extra Notes:

Species: Tyrant Guard x3
    Bioweapons: Rending Claws, Lash Whips
    Biomorphs:
    Total Cost: 135pts
    Tactical Advise: Makes the whole package hard to kill
    Extra Notes: Sometimes it is better to minus a crapload of attacks than to add on 3 more

Elites
    Species: Warriors x3
    Bioweapons: Barbed Strangler x1 Deathspiter x2 Scything Talons
    Biomorphs: Toxin Sacks, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace
    Total Cost: 113pts
    Tactical Advise: Mainly for Synapse, wont kill much, great bullet sponges.
    Extra Notes:

Extra Notes:

Extra Notes:

Troops
    Species: Genestealers x11
    Bioweapons: Rending Claws
    Biomorphs: Extended Carapace, Feeder Tendrills
    Total Cost: 231pts
    Tactical Advise: To get rid of anything
    Extra Notes: Feeder Tendrills are the way to go, 1pt re-rolls in CQC, Heck Ya!

Species: Genestealers x11
    Bioweapons: Rending Claws
    Biomorphs: Extended Carapace, Feeder Tendrills
    Total Cost: 231pts
    Tactical Advise: To get rid of anything
    Extra Notes: Feeder Tendrills are the way to go, 1pt re-rolls in CQC, Heck Ya!

Species: Gaunts x20
    Bioweapons: Fleshborer
    Biomorphs: Without Number
    Total Cost: 180pts
    Tactical Advise: Your bullet shields, use without number to pop up and claim objectives at the last moment.
    Extra Notes:

Species: Gaunts x20
    Bioweapons: Fleshborer
    Biomorphs: Without Number
    Total Cost: 180pts
    Tactical Advise: Your bullet shields, use without number to pop up and claim objectives at the last moment.
    Extra Notes:

Species: Hormagaunts x16
    Bioweapons: Scything Talons
    Biomorphs: Adrenal Glands I & WS
    Total Cost: 192pts
    Tactical Advise: Run up to quickly tie up enemies lines and to quickly claim objectives
    Extra Notes: Good to have a Winged Hive Tyrant to support them

Species: Hormagaunts x16
    Bioweapons: Scything Talons
    Biomorphs: Adrenal Glands I & WS
    Total Cost: 192pts
    Tactical Advise: Run up to quickly tie up enemies lines and to quickly claim objectives
    Extra Notes: Good to have a Winged Hive Tyrant to support them

Heavy Support
    Species: Carnifex
    Bioweapons: Scything Talons, Crushing Claws
    Biomorphs: Adrenal Glands I & WS, Toxin Sacks, Tusked, Mace Tail, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton, Reiforced Chitin, Flesh Hooks
    Total Cost: 210pts
    Tactical Advise: The Tank Killer, Can easily make it to enemies lines and crush all armour, can easly wipe out any opposing squad in the way!
    Extra Notes:

Species: Carnifex
    Bioweapons: Scything Talons, Barbed Strangler
    Biomorphs: Enhanced Senses, Bio Plasma, Spore Cysts, Scyth Tail, Toxin Sacks, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton, Reinforced Chitin, Adrenal Glands WS
    Total Cost: 214pts
    Tactical Advise: This bad brute can handle almost anything use him to take out infantry or tank he is well equiped for both!
    Extra Notes: Remember the Spore Cysts! (I have a tendancy to forget them ^_^)

Last edited by HiveTyrant186; February 22nd, 2009 at 03:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Not sure about spores, a chance to wound yourself? no thx, use them if you like them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take the EC off of the warriors, you will get cover from the termagaunts. i've never been a fan of using the barbed strangler on the warriors, ii prefer strength six blast instead of strength 4 large blast(and its cheaper). on your chooty tyrant, no need to mix CC and shooting. take acid maw and toxic miasma off of him. you wound on 2s and you have 5 WS, it's good enough. i wouldn't use 3 lash whips, you won't be fighting models with 4 attacks every combat. switch one or two for scything talons. if you like, change the EC on the genes to scuttlers. outflanking is always fun! I dislike your carnifexs'. they have way too many upgrades on them, and are just taking the lists points down. on your first carni, change the claws to talons. you will be getting a higher average number of attacks through talons than claws, and it's cheaper. Take off Toxin Sacks, Tusked, mace tail, and bonded exoskeleton. you really don't need any of that. that will free up a lot of points. on your second carni, i would just use the boomfex, which is a plain scything talons and barbed strangler for 113 points. you don't need any upgrades for it to be good. after that, you have many points to spare. get 3 Zoanthropes with synapse and warp blast, and then more troops. you can never have enough troops!
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my expanation for why i have everything as it is

My gaunts arnt going to last for ever and after the gaunts are gone whats going to protect my warriors?

The barbed strangler is primarly for taking out things with crudy saves such as chaos daemons or other tyranids.

My Hive Tyrant has always ended up in CQC in battle and in a world where everyone is getting a WS boost (Like Space Marines, Chaos Daemons come to mind) the Toxic Miasma is usefull and it makes characters with a WS of 3 hit me on fives

Tyrant guard can only take one or the other, i prefer lash whips for situations such as if im fighting a greater daemon or another model with alot of attack

In smaller battles cheap MC are great but, in larger battles, having my MC without biomorphs such as Extended Carapace and Bonded Exoskeleton says "I want a couple of Missle shots and dark reaper blows to the face please."
    this has happened alot ^_^

i have not lost with this army, the best i have ever won with it, was when i faced my friends Eldar Tounament list, I was able to wipe out his whole army, have all of my troops choices on objectives and i only lost my Winged Hive Tyrant, (after he killed 2 Falcons!) You may critique it, it is pretty good, but there is always room for improvement!
    Last edited by HiveTyrant186; February 24th, 2009 at 00:27. Reason: I want to say sorry to Tdogloftin and to Librarium Online, i need to be more accepting to Critique this army isnt perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go with what you think. why did you post it if your army is so well run? I was just trying to offer you some help, and i guess you don't take too kindly to people trying to help you. next time, add a sentense or two explaining why you posted your list, and don't make it too confusing to read. that's probabaly why most people haven't posted anything.
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sorry, i wasnt angry or frustrated at all, i guess that i should explain things better, the whole reason i posted it was to see what others think, not to argue that mine is the best.

i was just explaining why everything is why it is.

sorry if i made it seem like i was unhappy with your comment, i really appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread