1500pt Speed Freakz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Speed Freakz

Hey all, I'm new to the Waaagh and looking for some advice. I was originally going to go with a more conservative dakkadakka army but before I went and spent the cash, I sat back and thought about how I pictured the horde. Like many of you, I got the 'Road Warrior' image in my head and have decided to drop some moolah on a Speed Freak style army.

HQ
    Warboss on bike w/PK, Scorcha, Squig, Cybork 155pts
    Big Mek w/KFF 85pts

Elites
    15 Lootas 225pts

Troops
    5 Biker Nobz w/Painboy, Cybork, 1 PK, Banner, BP 325pts
    20 Shoota Boyz w/Nob, PK, BP, 2 Big Shootas 170pts
    12 Slugga Boyz w/Nob, PK, BP, Trukk w/Ram, Paint job 157pts
    11 Slugga Boyz w/Nob, PK, BP, Trukk w/Ram, Paint job 151pts

Fast Attack
    3 Warbuggies w/Rokkits 105pts

Heavy
    Battlewagon w/Big Shoota, Deffrolla, Riggers, Paint job 125pts

TOTAL: 1498pts, 11 KP

The Big Mek will go in the trukk with the Sluggaz and, taking a play from Grax's book, the Shootaz will go in the Battlewagon. The Shoota/Wagon combo just sounded so effective and versatile that I had to take it.

My issues are:
    1) Does this army stand a chance against most armies at 1500 points considering that I play generally friendly games?

2) The Lootas don't really fit the theme of the army but I've gathered from reading many posts that they are worth the cost. I also figure that most opponents will be trying to deal with the speed coming at them and leave the Lootas alone for a while. Should I drop them and, if so, what would you do with the points?

I've enjoyed reading all the posts in this forum and I appreciate all the advice you bosses can provide. Thanks.

Perception is Reality, Facts are Negotiable

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheKellector View Post
    Hey all, I'm new to the Waaagh and looking for some advice. I was originally going to go with a more conservative dakkadakka army but before I went and spent the cash, I sat back and thought about how I pictured the horde. Like many of you, I got the 'Road Warrior' image in my head and have decided to drop some moolah on a Speed Freak style army.

HQ
    Warboss on bike w/PK, Scorcha, Squig, Cybork 155pts
    Big Mek w/KFF 85pts

I like, I like. I too run a Big Mek with a KFF riding in a trukk. That 4+ cover on the trukks is pure golden. The warboss is always a good options to ride with the nobs, sucking up a couple of high strength shots that would normally kill some expensive nobs, and then breaking off from the squad and busting some tanks.

Elites
    15 Lootas 225pts

These seem a little out of place, I'd drop them in favor of more boys.

Troops
    5 Biker Nobz w/Painboy, Cybork, 1 PK, Banner, BP 325pts
    20 Shoota Boyz w/Nob, PK, BP, 2 Big Shootas 170pts
    12 Slugga Boyz w/Nob, PK, BP, Trukk w/Ram, Paint job 157pts
    11 Slugga Boyz w/Nob, PK, BP, Trukk w/Ram, Paint job 151pts

Everything here seems find but what I would do is drop 1 from the shoota boys and add him to the trukk squad missing a guy, that way the mek can ride with the shoota boys and the trukks can hide behind the BW.

Fast Attack
    3 Warbuggies w/Rokkits 105pts

These seem pretty good although I personally prefer skorch traks. To each their own.

Heavy
    Battlewagon w/Big Shoota, Deffrolla, Riggers, Paint job 125pts

Armor plates are worth it for these big guys. It's hard to destroy them but it is easy to glance and stun them, which would keep this wagon and it's huge payload of orks sitting back in the deployment zome the whole game. Definitelly add it.

TOTAL: 1498pts, 11 KP

The Big Mek will go in the trukk with the Sluggaz and, taking a play from Grax's book, the Shootaz will go in the Battlewagon. The Shoota/Wagon combo just sounded so effective and versatile that I had to take it.

My issues are:
    1) Does this army stand a chance against most armies at 1500 points considering that I play generally friendly games?

2) The Lootas don't really fit the theme of the army but I've gathered from reading many posts that they are worth the cost. I also figure that most opponents will be trying to deal with the speed coming at them and leave the Lootas alone for a while. Should I drop them and, if so, what would you do with the points?

They were worth their points a lot more before they changed the vehicle rules, but now they would just be an expensive target for your enemy to blow up while waiting for you to come to them.

I've enjoyed reading all the posts in this forum and I appreciate all the advice you bosses can provide. Thanks.
    The list looks good, my suggestions are above are the only things I would do differently.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply, Bruiser. It's very much appreciated.

So dropping the Lootas for another trukkful of Sluggas and putting armour plates on the BW looks like a good way to go.

I had the rokkit buggies for dealing with enemy armor (on their flanks, of course). The only other unit really capable of taking on armor is the Nob Bikerz with the Boss. However, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Skorcha trakks. How do you use them in your army? I love the models and would definitely be interested in them if I had some more knowledge about their ability.

What do you think about Deffkoptas? Again, they are some cool models but I have no experience with them.
    Perception is Reality, Facts are Negotiable

+ Reply to Thread