Fleshing out to 2k. Thoughts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fleshing out to 2k. Thoughts?

This is my new proposed 2k list. It concentrates on having blends of shooting troops that aim to thin ranks and blast the lower armoured targets with plenty of blast templates, as well as having consistent shooting in the form of the Hive Tyrant (hello reroll to hits on 3s and to wound on 3s, generally). Please dont comment on this tyrant build, I have played it in a dozen battles and found it to be my most consistantly good choice, and a feared unit already at the club ive joined.

Added to this ranged power, I have opted for a broodlord + retinue, while this has had mixed success on the field, its strength, I find, is that players tend to try to set up to expect its arrival, forgoing the concentration that the main force need! Double endged sword in my experience, for my opponent.

In addition, the cheap melee fex, the 'godfex' and Red Terror complete my monsterous creatures designed to melee, which I think is a good amount for 2k. Further increasing my melee strengths, I have another genestealer brood, 2 raveners and a small unit of hormagaunts.

Last, but not least 3 Zoanthropes.

You will also notice that all 3 'thropes and the tyrant all have psychic scream. With them spread out, but hopefully within range of the main melee zones, I hope to force any (or many atleast) lost melee combatants on my enemies side to flee due to upto -4LD on their rolls.

Anyways, without further ado:

HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 156 Pts)
    1 Hive Tyrant @ 156 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin-linked Devourer (x2); Psychic Scream; Synapse Creature; The Horror

HQ: Broodlord (9#, 335 Pts)
    1 Broodlord @ 335 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Feeder Tendrils; Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Synapse Creature
    8 Genestealers @ [248] Pts
    Acid Maw; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons

Elite: Warriors (3#, 113 Pts)
    2 Warriors @ 113 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature
    1 Warriors @ [41] Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler; Synapse Creature

2 Warriors @ 113 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature
    1 Warriors @ [41] Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler; Synapse Creature

Elite: Carnifex (1#, 111 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 111 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Scything Talons (x2)

Troops: Hormagaunts (8#, 120 Pts)
    8 Hormagaunts @ 120 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons

Troops: Genestealers (8#, 224 Pts)
    8 Genestealers @ 224 Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Feeder Tendrils; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons

Troops: Gaunt Brood (10#, 50 Pts)
    10 Gaunt Brood @ 50 Pts
    Spinefists

10 Gaunt Brood @ 50 Pts
    Spinefists

10 Gaunt Brood @ 50 Pts
    Spinefists

Fast Attack: The Red Terror (1#, 104 Pts)
    1 The Red Terror @ 104 Pts
    Scything Talons (x2)

Fast Attack: Ravener (2#, 96 Pts)
    2 Ravener @ 96 Pts
    Scything Talons (x2); Devourer

Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 213 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 207 Pts
    Acid Maw; Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Regenerate; Reinforced Chitin; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x2)

Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 173 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 173 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

Heavy Support: Zoanthrope (3#, 195 Pts)
    3 Zoanthrope @ 195 Pts
    Toxic Miasma; Psychic Scream; Warp Blast; Warp Field

Total Roster Cost: 2001

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having only Eight models with synapse, one of them always being in the front lines, might be a little risky. but at the same time, it might just be the right amount.
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slaitaar View Post
    HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 156 Pts)
    1 Hive Tyrant @ 156 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin-linked Devourer (x2); Psychic Scream; Synapse Creature; The Horror

I would try to find points for some Guards here.

HQ: Broodlord (9#, 335 Pts)
    1 Broodlord @ 335 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Feeder Tendrils; Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Synapse Creature

Initiative upgrade is not really necessary here, but everything else looks good. If you have the points add Toxin Sacs here also.

8 Genestealers @ [248] Pts
    Acid Maw; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons

2 Warriors @ 113 Pts
    1 Warriors @ [41] Pts

2 Warriors @ 113 Pts
    1 Warriors @ [41] Pts

warrior builds look good.

Elite: Carnifex (1#, 111 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 111 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Scything Talons (x2)

Troops: Hormagaunts (8#, 120 Pts)
    8 Hormagaunts @ 120 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons

Drop the carapace you have plenty of Spinefists to run behind.

Troops: Genestealers (8#, 224 Pts)
    8 Genestealers @ 224 Pts
    Extended Carapace +1 Save; Feeder Tendrils; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons

I would pick one of the 3-4pt biomorphs so you can add scuttlers and increase the chances you make it to combat.

10 Gaunt Brood @ 50 Pts
    Spinefists

10 Gaunt Brood @ 50 Pts
    Spinefists

10 Gaunt Brood @ 50 Pts
    Spinefists

Fast Attack: The Red Terror (1#, 104 Pts)
    1 The Red Terror @ 104 Pts
    Scything Talons (x2)

pretty sure these aren't tournament legal? But if this is for friendly games why not?

Fast Attack: Ravener (2#, 96 Pts)
    2 Ravener @ 96 Pts
    Scything Talons (x2); Devourer

I would drop this unit and spend some extra points on devourer warriors if you want it to shoot, but if you want it for CC go with scything talons and rending claws and remove the devourers.

Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 213 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 207 Pts
    Acid Maw; Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Regenerate; Reinforced Chitin; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x2)

I would probably add toxic miasma and maybe something else.

Heavy Support: Carnifex (1#, 173 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 173 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

might lose the carapace. if you need points.

Heavy Support: Zoanthrope (3#, 195 Pts)
    3 Zoanthrope @ 195 Pts
    Toxic Miasma; Psychic Scream; Warp Blast; Warp Field

This unit actually costs 225 unless you drop Psychic Scream.

Total Roster Cost: 2001 Ohhh no!!! for friendly games this is fine, but as a courtesy I'd make sure you're under the limit.

Looks good! I would expect this to do pretty well hope the suggestions give you some ideas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey

Thanks for suggestions. Definately doing a couple of them. The lack of rending on the ravaners was an oversight, for one!

Zoanthropes are 65pts. You're thinking that they would be if they were synapse creatures too, but unforunately they can only have up to 3 biomorphs, with warp field being compulsory (id argue that warp blast is compulsory too, realistically) so that leaves a choice between synapse and scream. Im going for scream solely because of the massive negative leadership I can get, will really help.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Also, it does annoy me that Tyranids only have 3 special characters, they should be tournament legal, in my opinion anyways.

Its not like theyre overly popular, hell probably only Red Terror is worth it. Hardly going to cause much screaming of 'Overpowered'.

Want overpowered, how about Archon for 105 pts that has WS6 and due to poisons, wounds everything on a 2+ that ignores armor saves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slaitaar View Post
    Zoanthropes are 65pts. You're thinking that they would be if they were synapse creatures too, but unforunately they can only have up to 3 biomorphs, with warp field being compulsory (id argue that warp blast is compulsory too, realistically) so that leaves a choice between synapse and scream. Im going for scream solely because of the massive negative leadership I can get, will really help.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Also, it does annoy me that Tyranids only have 3 special characters, they should be tournament legal, in my opinion anyways.

Its not like theyre overly popular, hell probably only Red Terror is worth it. Hardly going to cause much screaming of 'Overpowered'.

Want overpowered, how about Archon for 105 pts that has WS6 and due to poisons, wounds everything on a 2+ that ignores armor saves
    Ah my bad on the zoanthropes your right and it would be nice if we had some characters. New rules for our characters to make them a bit more powerful and legal to use would be nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

having so many small troop squads isnt wise, in annilation games your oppoent will be swimming in kill points in sheer glee

+ Reply to Thread