GAH! tourney list help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAH! tourney list help

So I'm trying to get a 2000 pt list going for competitive tourney games, im a little over and can't decide what to take off, i'm up to about 2154 points, goes like this

HQ:Lord w/warsythe and orb 150
    c'tan deceaver: 300
    troops: 40 warriors 720 pts, squads a ten
    Leets:immortals x8 224
    heavy:lith 235
    tomb spider, 55
    fast:destroyers, x3 x3 (two squads) 300
    and a squad of 10 scarab swarms with disruption fields 170

Totals up to about 2154

But they all are so awesome....I can't decided what to take off...any suggestions? DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE....no really...make me choose. Thanks!

(Suggestions for something I might need are also welcome)

Last edited by Diango; February 25th, 2009 at 01:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Ooh wait you're working for a 2k list right?

Alright what i would do to still keep the main elements of your army is;

Cut the Scarabs and tomb spyder (that hurts me to say...) alright, then add in two more immortals to fill out the squad, and give your lord a gaze of flame. Personally I don't think having just one TS in there will be enough for using them, even with the Deceiver.

Otherwise you've got a strong army, well balanced between necron and not. (you hit a 14 PO, respectable)

G"luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alzer View Post
    Ooh wait you're working for a 2k list right?

Alright what i would do to still keep the main elements of your army is;

Cut the Scarabs and tomb spyder (that hurts me to say...) alright, then add in two more immortals to fill out the squad, and give your lord a gaze of flame. Personally I don't think having just one TS in there will be enough for using them, even with the Deceiver.

Otherwise you've got a strong army, well balanced between necron and not. (you hit a 14 PO, respectable)

G"luck.
    Did you say cut?! scarabs? spider?! They are really that expendable? Hm...I guess I could try it out...I really liked the little guys for swarming the crap outta my enemys so i can pull into shooting range with my troops ....meh I will give it some thought, what will keep the opponent occupied while i get over there though? (i see where you are goin with the ts though guess one just isant enough, thanks for the complement and the info btw....wuts PO mean? O.o)
    Last edited by Diango; February 25th, 2009 at 01:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

PO = Phase Out

You're going to have to find another way I suppose. Up to you on what to cut but you gotta take something out. As you're using minimum squad sizes for almost everything it didn't leave much room to work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....since im removeing the scarabs and the ts...that opens up a slot for heavy, maybe I can add two seperate squad heavy destroyers...makes for good backup on tanks, I don't have alot of anti armor besides my lith and decever, that can dirrectly pen i mean
    Last edited by Diango; February 25th, 2009 at 04:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help Alzer, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

324 (x8)

Well the thing is you still gotta keep yourself focused on what you are taking, spreading out your points too much will leave all the squads you have around weak to enemy fire. I wouldn't suggest putting anything else in your list since at this point you are already forced to cut things out, it's better to have a smaller number of points and give options to reach your goal.

Also you're already dropping over 1/4 of your points into units that don't count as necrons, I usually consider these more disposable in a list than necron units, but always useful somehow.

For 2K games though i feel there's a couple important things to keep in mind.
    3-man squads of destroyers will not survive terribly long, I suggest using 4/squad if possible
    30-50 warriors
    Immortals in 10-man squads

Yeah armor is a problem, unfortunately you're going to just have to deal with it the way you can unless you want to majorly re-write your list. Really using the Deceiver to run down vehicles after slowing them down with gauss fire is a great idea, saying the big D is almost always going to kill a vehicle It charges. Tomb spyders are great for this but you can fill in with a C'tan...I guess(sarcasm).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now I have 1990 pts....does anyone think it would be worth it dropping a squad of necron warriors and maybe adding something else to add to the lists versitility? perhaps a few heavy destroyers for anti tank?

HQ:Lord w/warsythe and orb and veil 165
    c'tan deceaver: 300
    troops: 40 warriors 720 pts, squads a ten
    Leets:immortals x10 270
    heavy:lith 235
    fast:destroyers, x3 x3 (two squads) 300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

324 (x8)

Orb, Veil Scythe lords cost 210 points there Diango. Also Immortals are 280 for a 10-man
    That shoots you to 2045

Either Drop the Scythe and some warriors, or two immortals. (you might have to hit 3 squads of warriors or something?)

Other than that it looks like a fair 2k list to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing that you are going to use the veil with the Immortals, then I think the Warscythe is unnecessary. At least for me, I usually end up landing into an enemy mini when trying to deep strike into assault range with Immortals and that's a lot of points to loose on a mishap.

Since you are going for a very shooty army, I would try to cut a unit of warriors and filling the points with destroyers instead. Don't let them go in groups by 3. I was actually telling someone that I preferred using them in groups of 3 before here on the forum. I dont remember in which thread though. But now, after been playing more, I can garuantee that having them in groups by 4-5 is far better.

Personally, I like to keep a unit of warriors as reserves when deep striking the Monolith.

+ Reply to Thread