Possible list... Speedfreeks 1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member Fenrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Age
    26
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

    Possible list... Speedfreeks 1750

    Well, having finished my nids and daemons (although not painted) I'm on the lookout for a new army. My current armies are shooty, so I want something choppy, and I don't want a MEQ force... orks caught my eye. I've always liked their models and fluff, but up until now I haven't really had a reason to explore them further... so I borrowed my brother's 'dex, and had a quick look through. I really liked what I saw.
    Here's the little list I wrote up:

    Wazdakka's Waaagh! - 1750


    Wazdakka – 180 (with biker nobs)


    Big mek – kustom force field, power klaw, eavy armour – 115 (with 11-strong boyz)


    5 nob bikers
    1 – power klaw, eavy armour
    2 – big choppa, eavy armour
    3 – kombi-skorcha, power klaw, eavy armour
    4 – kombi-skorcha, big choppa, eavy armour
    5 – painboy, eavy armour
    squad: cybork bodies
    total: 375


    10 tankbustas – nob with power klaw (in looted wagon)
    175


    8 warbikers – nob with power klaw, bosspole
    240


    8 warbikers – nob with power klaw, bosspole
    240


    11 boyz – nob with power klaw and bosspole, trukk (red paint, reinforced ram)
    151


    12 boyz – nob with power klaw and bosspole, trukk (red paint, reinforced ram)
    157


    17 gretchin – runtherd
    61


    Looted wagon – 2x big shootas, red paint, reinforced ram
    55


    total: 1749

    I'm trying to keep this army entirely mounted to keep in with fluff... the gretchin are there to fill some points, and maybe claim objectives. I suppose gretchin can fit in anywhere where there are orks... maybe they're a ground-based repair crew, maybe they're just lootas. If anyone has a better suggestion of what to do with 60 points (I looked at warbuggies but they didn't impress me) please fire away.

    C+C welcome!

    Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

    Free Cookies Inside!



  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Fenrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Age
    26
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

    Well, when in doubt, copy someone else's list and change it slightly to personal preference.
    All credit for this second list goes to Grax. Grax: thank you.

    Wazzdakka - 180 (with one of the biker units)

    Big Mek - kustom force field, eavy armour, power klaw - with 19-strong boyz unit
    95

    5 warbikers - nob, powerklaw, bosspole - 165
    5 warbikers - nob, powerklaw, bosspole - 165
    5 warbikers - nob, powerklaw, bosspole - 165
    19 boyz - nob, powerklaw, bosspole - 154
    20 boyz - nob, powerklaw, bosspole - 160
    20 boyz - nob, powerklaw, bosspole - 160

    Battlewagon - deffrolla, 2x big shoota, grot riggas - 165
    Battlewagon - deffrolla, 2x big shoota, grot riggas - 165
    Battlewagon - deffrolla, 2x big shoota, grot riggas - 165

    Total: 1739
    Advice on how to spend the remaining 10 points most welcome.

    Thoughts/criticism very welcome on both lists... thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Fenrix; February 27th, 2009 at 14:19. Reason: Realised I'd miscalculated some points...
    Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

    Free Cookies Inside!



  4. #3
    Senior Member Fenrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Age
    26
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

    I would appreciate SOME feedback...
    thanks.
    Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

    Free Cookies Inside!



  5. #4
    Nox Archnomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Scotland, Ayr
    Posts
    1,705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

    But of course Fenrix ;]]

    It looks solid, however I do have a few comments. For one, ranged anti tank? Against something like Mech Tau/Eldar you'll be left in the dust. Because when they're moving fast, you're not going to hit them in combat. Wazzdakka, while shooty is only one model, and redundancy is key with armies like this.

    Otherwise it's solid, I wouldn't like to play against this unless I was packing some serious short range firepower.
    omgitsduane:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

    I misunderstood that... ALOT

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #5
    LO Zealot BossGorestompa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,349
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

    The list looks fairly solid. I love the three Deff Rollas

    A few things I'd change, though.
    • I would get rid of the Power Klaw and 'Eavy Armor on the Big Mek. You don't want him to assault with the rest of your boyz.. you want to keep him (and his KFF) alive inside the Battlewagon, so they can still benefeit from the KFF as they tank shock. Once they drive into enemy territory, their rear armour will be easily exposed, and that 4+ save comes in real handy! Doubly so when your opponent attempts a Death or Glory! (-30 points)
    • Add Armor Plates and Red Paint Job to each of the Battle Wagons. It'll enhance their survivability and the extra inch really helps with tank shocking! It doesn't seem like much, but with a list like this, what you really want to do is try to Trap! your opponents forces (if the Deff Rollas don't kill them first!) Plus, the extra inch will make a big difference when you've mismeasured, or it might also mean hitting an extra unit that was before unreachable. (+30 Points)
    • Add one Big Shoota to each of the two 20x Boyz Mobs. If you ever find yourself sitting on an objective, it'll give them something to do. Plus, if the Battle Wagon's only move 6" (7" with Red Paint Job) you'll be able to pop off some extra shots. (+10 Points)
    That will bring you to 1749 points. Use the extra point to buy Wazdakka a cigar


    Also, a few pointers..
    • Don't forget, Warbikers are some of the shootiest Orks in the army! Always shoot with them when able!!!! They can easily take out Rhino equivolents and other light armour, as well as overwhelm heavily armoured opponent's with more shots than they can save against. Shoot with them, and save their assault for when your Boyz are stuck in ova' dere thick green 'eads. Using their speed to get them to where they need to be.. you can save a lot of Slugga Boyz from certain death by adding another round of furious charge to a combat!
    • Your only real anti armour is in your PK's. The only unit in your army really capable of handling fast moving armour (AV 12 or higher) are your Warbikers (Nob w/ PK) and Wazdakka (both his Dakka Cannon, and his PK). I wouldn't necessarily recommend changing anything though.. your list is solid otherwise. Just be aware of this weakness, do not freak out and waste your time chasing enemy armour around the table with your Warbikers unless you feel they're a sincere threat.
    • And.. beware SM Thunderfire Cannons. Subterrainian Bursts are one of the Warbiker's worst enemies. Luckily, one round of fire is garunteed to kill them..
    • The last is just a matter of personal prefference. Orks have some insanely competitive lists! But to me, thats not everything we're all about. We green skins is all about having fun! Win or lose, just remember, Orks never really lose if they had fun


    And finally.. a few other things that may be worthwhile investments once you've finished assembling your army.
    • Assault on Black Reach boxes.. they're insanely cheap for what you get, especially if you sell off the Space Marines. You can supply your army with all the boyz you need with 3 boxes, and have 15 Nobz and 9 Deff Koptaz to spare. Deff Koptaz are neat and fun, and fit your theme.. but even more importantly, you can use them to convert 9x Nob Bikers! They're a dead 'ard unit, and twice as deadly as a horny Squigoth in a rut.
    • Grots. You can load them up in a battlewagon. It sounds silly I know, but using them in place of a mob of Boyz can save you a tonne of points (for designing alternative lists), and will give you a very cheap unit that can claim objectives!
    • Rokkit-Buggies. Go to Walmart (or your local equivolent) and shop around for a cheap retarded looking toy tractor / trukk.. They're incredibly cheap to kunvert with a few spare bitz, and will give your list that fast / ranged anti-armour that it needs.
    • Kommandos. They're not really Speed Freaks, but they'll fit with your strategy. Especially if you load them up with Burnas and Snikrot. A well timed ambush can severely disrupt your opponent's defenses.
    Good luck, Have fun. Oh, and welcome to the Waaagh!
    Last edited by BossGorestompa; February 28th, 2009 at 20:09.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

  7. #6
    Senior Member Fenrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Age
    26
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    The list looks fairly solid. I love the three Deff Rollas
    Heh, me too. Crushing things into paste promises to be fun, not to mention the conversion opportunities.

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    A few things I'd change, though.
    • I would get rid of the Power Klaw and 'Eavy Armor on the Big Mek. You don't want him to assault with the rest of your boyz.. you want to keep him (and his KFF) alive inside the Battlewagon, so they can still benefeit from the KFF as they tank shock. Once they drive into enemy territory, their rear armour will be easily exposed, and that 4+ save comes in real handy! Doubly so when your opponent attempts a Death or Glory! (-30 points)
    Fair enough. I was planning to get him stuck in with da boyz, but unloading them and then sticking in his vehicles as they go off rampaging through the enemy lines could also work.
    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    • Add Armor Plates and Red Paint Job to each of the Battle Wagons. It'll enhance their survivability and the extra inch really helps with tank shocking! It doesn't seem like much, but with a list like this, what you really want to do is try to Trap! your opponents forces (if the Deff Rollas don't kill them first!) Plus, the extra inch will make a big difference when you've mismeasured, or it might also mean hitting an extra unit that was before unreachable. (+30 Points)
    Armour plates are something I hadn't considered, to be perfectly honest. It's orky... and more importantly, it means I can move every turn if I'm not immobilised.

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    • Add one Big Shoota to each of the two 20x Boyz Mobs. If you ever find yourself sitting on an objective, it'll give them something to do. Plus, if the Battle Wagon's only move 6" (7" with Red Paint Job) you'll be able to pop off some extra shots. (+10 Points)
    Could do this, but if I can find another use for these points I'd rather go for that. The boyz aren't plannin to spend much time doing anything but choppin' and speedin'. I do need something to take objectives, but 3 units of bikers, if they survive, can easily grab objectives last turn. Turrrbo!

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    That will bring you to 1749 points. Use the extra point to buy Wazdakka a cigar
    Will do!

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    Also, a few pointers..
    • Don't forget, Warbikers are some of the shootiest Orks in the army! Always shoot with them when able!!!! They can easily take out Rhino equivolents and other light armour, as well as overwhelm heavily armoured opponent's with more shots than they can save against. Shoot with them, and save their assault for when your Boyz are stuck in ova' dere thick green 'eads. Using their speed to get them to where they need to be.. you can save a lot of Slugga Boyz from certain death by adding another round of furious charge to a combat!
    Yeah, their jobs are shootin' stuff and providing support. 5 bikers won't really do much in combat. As mentioned above they'll also be damn handy for objective missions.

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    • Your only real anti armour is in your PK's. The only unit in your army really capable of handling fast moving armour (AV 12 or higher) are your Warbikers (Nob w/ PK) and Wazdakka (both his Dakka Cannon, and his PK). I wouldn't necessarily recommend changing anything though.. your list is solid otherwise. Just be aware of this weakness, do not freak out and waste your time chasing enemy armour around the table with your Warbikers unless you feel they're a sincere threat.
    Yeah, I'm used to not having much ranged anti-tank power, having played nids. I know which tanks to kill, and which to ignore, so that ain't much of a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    • And.. beware SM Thunderfire Cannons. Subterrainian Bursts are one of the Warbiker's worst enemies. Luckily, one round of fire is garunteed to kill them..
    Well, I'll bear that in mind if I ever go to a tourney, but for now there isn't a single TF cannon at my local GW.

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    • The last is just a matter of personal prefference. Orks have some insanely competitive lists! But to me, thats not everything we're all about. We green skins is all about having fun! Win or lose, just remember, Orks never really lose if they had fun
    Da best kind of army!


    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    And finally.. a few other things that may be worthwhile investments once you've finished assembling your army.
    • Assault on Black Reach boxes.. they're insanely cheap for what you get, especially if you sell off the Space Marines. You can supply your army with all the boyz you need with 3 boxes, and have 15 Nobz and 9 Deff Koptaz to spare. Deff Koptaz are neat and fun, and fit your theme.. but even more importantly, you can use them to convert 9x Nob Bikers! They're a dead 'ard unit, and twice as deadly as a horny Squigoth in a rut.
    Yeah, when the time comes I'll get a load of boyz off ebay. They seem to go nice and cheap there. Not sure about deffkoptas into bike boyz, but my brother gave me his three from AoBR and I'll give em a go and buy more if I want them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    twice as deadly as a horny Squigoth in a rut.
    ...tooo much information
    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    • Grots. You can load them up in a battlewagon. It sounds silly I know, but using them in place of a mob of Boyz can save you a tonne of points (for designing alternative lists), and will give you a very cheap unit that can claim objectives!
    I considered grots, but if I take a unit they'll be footsloggin'. I figure a speed freek army would have lots of grots around who would probably hitch a ride into battle to loot stuff. Boyz are hardly expensive though, and SO much better, and they fit better into the list (and make more sense traipsing around in battlewagons) so I'll go for those if I have any choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    • Rokkit-Buggies. Go to Walmart (or your local equivolent) and shop around for a cheap retarded looking toy tractor / trukk.. They're incredibly cheap to kunvert with a few spare bitz, and will give your list that fast / ranged anti-armour that it needs.
    I've heard great things about rokkit buggies, and I'll try them at some point. But they aren't a priority - I'd rather have another battlewagon or more boyz. Tanks scare me no more.

    Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    • Kommandos. They're not really Speed Freaks, but they'll fit with your strategy. Especially if you load them up with Burnas and Snikrot. A well timed ambush can severely disrupt your opponent's defenses.
    Good luck, Have fun. Oh, and welcome to the Waaagh!
    Eh... this is the one thing I'll have to disagree on. They might fit in to a competitive list, but not speed freeks fluff. Maybe deffkoptas? They can outflank, too, although a bit more riskily than Snikrot (playing a genestealer heavy nid army has given me plenty of experience with hopeless outflankers, and I know not to rely on them)

    And thank you! I hope to bring the stench of petroleum and the cry of a hundred angry orks to many a planet.
    Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

    Free Cookies Inside!



+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts