Oh no, not again...! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, not again...!

Ok, so I have a 2000pt battle coming up and frankly, I'm worried. My 'Nids haven't been playing that well in 5th Ed and I desperatley need some help. The next few battles I know will see Space Marines and Necrons. If anyone has any hints or suggestions of what I should take, please advise!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

well without seeing the list i cant offer much advice, but what i can say is that some key units are: CC flyrants, Broodlords and genestealers and CC carnifexes. In particular the MC's will be very effective VS the necrons as they will ignore WBB. As far as the marines are concerned, just munch their units up close, using things like Fexs and tyrants to destroy them quickly. main threats in a marine list are vindicators, whirlwinds if you are a horde player, and Razorbacks/predator anhialators. Vs the necrons, its their destroyers you have to worry about, the normal sort will decimate any infantry youve got and the heavys wil blow your MCs out of the game. Dont worry too much about the monolith, as a weapon platform, its not great, your main problem will be it sucking warriors out of combat. What you can do and ive had mixed sucses with this, is block the protal with a cheap unit, then the troops dont have anywhere to go.

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I suggest Hordes. Lots and Lots of Spine Gaunts to be precise. I have never lost a game when I carry 60 spine guants, 20 genestealers, a flyrant, and some zoanthropes. That is in a 1000 point list too!

For you I suggest:
    2 sniperfex's
    1-2 dakka fex's
    a flyrant
    a walking tyrant (maybe with some guard)
    3 zoan's
    A LOT OF SPINE GAUNTS!!!!
    and at least 20 genestealers

With that you should be good. I don't know the points for that off the top of my head (seing as how there is no real list there), but if you are low I suggest a squad of warriors for more synapse. If you are over and you have over 80 gaunts then bring it down a bit, or you can get rid of a fex.

Good Luck!
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

A lot of Genestealers, some tank killers, a walking tyrant with guards, and some termagaunts that can defend your genestealers but still pack a punch and kill a few marines. Hope this helps. A flyrant is useful too, but really hard to make so... a broodlord is very useful as he will destroy any unit by himself, and when when you add his retinue... well, he could take out most squads, and possibly a dread, and definetly a force commander... with some upgrades, like feeder tendrils and toxin sacs.
    "What is Mercy? Does it taste Nice?" Hive Tyrant on Reth V

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I wound Necron warriors with a Monster Creature does it ignore We'll Be Back?

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

If you hit them with anything strength 8+ of a monstrous creature (hence the sniperfex's) you ignore we'll be back.
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anything that ignores their armor save(AP, power weapon, MC), and anything double their strength ignores WBB.
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

+ Reply to Thread