1300pt ork army need advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1300pt ork army need advice

Have a 1300pt game against a friend next weekend hes space marines wanted any advice anyone can give

HQ- Warboss, mega armor-100pts
    Elite-Meganobzx5,Battlewagon w/ red paint job 2 big shootas-315pts
    kommandos mob: 7 kommandos w/ 2 rokkit launchas, Snikrot- 175pts
    Troops- Boyz mob 1: 29 boyz, nob with powerklaw and 3 big shootas-230
    Boyz mob 2: same as boyz mob 1-230pts
    Trukk mob 1: 11 boyz w/ shootas, Nob w/ bosspole, trukk w/grot riggers, red paint job- 132pts
    Trukk mob 2: same as trukk mob 1-132pts

total:1314

Basically gonna put warboss with meganobz in battlewagon go for whatever target needs the most killin
    march my 2 big mobz towards enemys line and get into cc
    trukk boyz bringin up the sides firing from inside the open top of there trucks and go for objectives while still shootin.

Im also looking for advice as to what to add in to make the list into 1500 pts
    sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors i did this fairly quickly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about adding

Killakansx2 with kmb which is 110pts and a lobbas batery at 75pts bringing my grand total up to 1499 can anyone tell me how viable this list is for more of a fun list at the same time i somtimes play at the local gw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks pretty good, just a few things I thought worth mentioning.

Kommandos: I find that burnas are a far better choice than rokkit launchers for these guys. Though they are more expensive, they can function as a power weapon in an assault (great for killing marines and such!) and also, you're not all that likely to hit with two BS2 shots.

The two 30x boyz mobs: Consider dropping the big shootas, unless they are shoota boyz that is, but I'm assuming they're choppa because it's not listed? Anyway, the reason being that you'll be running most of the time with these guys during the shooting phase, so they won't see much action.

All in all looks like a fun list!

-Vannis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

Hey pfcducharme,

There are a few things that immediately jump out to me:

1.) I agree with Vannis, you should take scorchas with your Kommands over rokkits.

2.) The Nobz in trukks need Power Klaws. This is practically mandatory to winning combat, especially with a small Trukk Mob! You'll need to find 50 points someplace for this.

For 1500 points, adding some Killa Kanz with KMBs is a good choice, but I'd strongly consider adding a Big Mek with KFF to march with your footslogging boyz.

Hope that helps,

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for some of the advice guys ill really consider the burnas and the powerklaws. and i thought that big shootas were considered assault weapons so i would use the nine shots from them to soften stuff up just a bit before they got into close combat im not sure where im gonna free up the hmm i think with burnas and pks and bm i need to find like 140 points somewhere im not at home so i dont have my book with me and have no exacts do you guys have any suggestions where i could slim down points to fit that stuff in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

How about this:

HQ

Warboss, Mega Armor, Bosspole (105)

TROOPS

4 Mega Nobz, Battlewagon, red paint, 1 big shoota (260)

28 Shoota Boyz, 2 Big Shootas, Nob, PK, Bosspole (218 )

28 Shoota Boyz, Nob, 2 Big Shootas PK Bosspole (218 )

12 Slugga Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk, Red Paint (157)

12 Slugga Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk, Red Paint (157)

ELITES

7 Kommands, 2 burnas, Snikrot (185)

Army Total: 1300

I changed up a couple of things. The major thing is that I switched your Slugga / Shoota units. It makes more sense to me to have the Sluggas in the the trukks since they'll have the greatest chance of gaining the assualt and you'll have a lot of Dakka to lay down as support from the shoota squads. Also, I gave the Warboss a bosspole to keep the Mega Nobz in close combat, and then removed 1 Mega Nob, a big shoota on the BW, and 4 Boyz to make room for the burnas and Powerklaws that were badly needed for the Trukk Boyz.

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the way your list is gives me that extra dakka on the move from the shoot boys and i agree with your switching around the mobs to make the trukk boyz sluggas i was thinking of changing just 1 thing though
    HQ

Warboss, Mega Armor, Bosspole (105)

TROOPS

4 Mega Nobz, Battlewagon, zap gun, 1 big shoota (270)

28 Shoota Boyz, 2 Big Shootas, Nob, PK, Bosspole (218 )

28 Shoota Boyz, Nob, 2 Big Shootas PK Bosspole (218 )

12 Slugga Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk (152)

12 Slugga Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole, Trukk (152)

ELITES

7 Kommands, 2 burnas, Snikrot (185)

Army Total: 1300

i just wanted to get rid of the red paint jobs i just dont prefer it i dont know but the few test games ive played with orks and there trucks 1 inch just never seemed like to much so i added in that zapp gun to try and get a little bit more AT anyone have any more suggestions for doing this so far the only thing in the list right now able to touch a land raider would be the warboss and the zappgun and they both seem kinda iffy trying to gamble my anti tank onto a roll for strength and a S&P unit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new list looks a lot better, way more of a well rounded force.

As for land raiders, are you going to be faceing many? Personally, I find the best approach to these monsters with orks is to ignore them. Due to horrible orky accuracy, you don't have much of a chance on killin it in ranged. The only thing that's really effective is a warboss / deff dread / killa kan getting in on it. Generally they don't have enough fire power to take out enough boyz to make them cost effective, especially if they're taking on masses of footslogging units like you've got! When I'm up against a land raider, I generally focus on killing marines. For the most part attacks on those things end up wasted, and killing marines deprives them of scoring units necessary to win the game.

Also, I'd really urge you to consider Russ's advice on putting a Kustum Force Field big mek in your list. Those things are invaluable when marching alongside your masses of boyz.

I have no experience with Zzap gunz, so I'll let someone who does answer that.

Hope this helps!

-Vannis

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

I rather like Russ's suggestions, so I'm going to build off of his proposed list to give you some suggestions for a 1,500 point arm.

HQ ( 190 )

Warboss ( 105 )

+Mega Armor, Boss Pole

Big Mek ( 85 )
    +Kustom Force Field

Elites ( 175 )
    Kommandos ( 175 )

+6x Kommandos, 2x Burnas
    +Boss Snikrot

Troops ( 960 )
    Mega Nobz ( 280 )

+4x Mega Nobz
    +Battlewagon, Deffrolla, 2x Big Shootas

Shoota Boyz ( 170 )
    +19x Shoota Boyz, 2x Big Shootas
    +Nob, PK, Boss Pole

Shoota Boyz ( 170 )
    +19x Shoota Boyz, 2x Big Shootas
    +Nob, PK, Boss Pole

Trukk Boyz ( 147 )
    +11x Slugga Boyz
    +Nob, PK, Boss Pole
    +Trukk

Trukk Boyz ( 147 )
    +11x Slugga Boyz
    +Nob, PK, Boss Pole
    +Trukk

Grots ( 46 )
    +12x Grots
    +Runtherd

Heavy Support ( 175 )
    Killa Kanz ( 135 )
    +3x Killa Kanz, 3x Grotzookas

Big Gunz ( 40 )
    +2x Big Gunz, 2x Kannons

With this proposed list, you'll be splitting your list into three forces:
    1) Assault: Composed of Warboss, Mega Nobz, Battle Wagon, 2x Trukk Boy Mobz, and Snikrot's Kommandos.

This section will move as fast as possible, and assault first. Once your units are in combat, run the Battlewagon and Trukks around, tank shocking as much as possible!

2) Fire Support: Composed of Big Mek, 2x Shoota Mobz, and the 3x Killa Kanz.

This section will take its time moving up the board, softening up targets for the Assault section, and shooting up any enemy units that might pose a problem for the Assault section whence they win a combat. Their goal is not to sit back and shoot the whole game, but to shoot while moving, and eventually assault.

3) Home Objective Defenders: Composed of Grotz Mob, and Big Gunz.

This small section of Grotz will sit on your home objective so that you (hopefully) won't have to reclaim it come end game. Big Gunz are a GREAT and CHEAP fire support! So, I figured I'd stick with the theme of my addition... more Grots! The Kannons will add a little extra boom to your dakka.

I dropped the Zzap Gun on the Battlewagon. 2d6 Str is too unreliable for anti-tank when considering its a single shot at BS 2. So I dropped it and added a Deff Rolla so it can better assist your Assault element by tank shocking!

I also lowered the number of Boyz in the Shoota Mobz to make room for a few extra points.. They'll be missed, but I think with the addition of the Killa Kanz, they won't be missed that much.

Also, beware that Snikrot's Kommando's may very well be a one hit wonder, but thats okay.. As soon as they pop out and assault, they're likely to be gunned down after the combat, but thats fine, so long as you pick your target carefully!

This list has quite a few fun tricks up its sleeve, as wel as a lot of hard choices for the opponent.. who to shoot first! If played properly, I imagine most casual games will be great! If one section starts lacking, you've got enough choices to pick up the slack. You're only really missing anti armour, but most things that will be a problem for you will have to sit still to fire anyways, in which case have fun automatically hitting with those power klawz Transports and the sort, the Kannons and Big Shootas should be able to handle without a problem.. Overall, I think this turned out rather versatile and potent!

Good luck, have fun!
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

+ Reply to Thread