1000 point kabal - help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point kabal - help

Kabal of the Night Stalkers
    1000 Points

Headquarters

Archon (110) – Rides with raider squad #1
    + Punisher
    + Shadow Field
    + Tormentor Helm
    + Combat Drugs
    + Trophy Rack

Troops

Raider Squad #1 (178)
    7 Warriors
    1 Warrior w/ blaster
    1 Sybarite w/agonizers
    1 Raider w/horrorfex

Raider Squad #1 (184)
    8 Warriors
    1 Warrior w/ blaster
    1 Sybarite w/agonizers
    1 Raider w/horrorfex

Raider Squad #1 (184)
    8 Warriors
    1 Warrior w/ blaster
    1 Sybarite w/agonizers
    1 Raider w/horrorfex

Fast attack

Reaver Jetbike Squadron (211)
    2 Reaver Jetbikes
    2 Reaver Jetbikes w/blasters
    1 Reaver Succubus w/agonizers

Heavy Support

Ravager (115)
    2 Disintegrators
    1 Dark Lance

Total = 997

Last edited by krushkilldestroy; March 1st, 2009 at 12:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Take out the 2 Warrior Squads with DLs and add another Raider Squad instead. I've been experimenting with 5-man squads on my Raiders and have honestly noticed no difference in attack strength or longevity. The Raider itself is mostly what keeps them alive until it's time to charge with guns blazing. Sniper squads are just too vulnerable to Deep Strike, Outflank, long range guns, fast assaulters, or even Tank Shock.

Don't even worry about the Hell Masks unless you want to put one on the Archon. They don't do anything when the character isn't a joined IC. Personally, I like the Lord with a Retinue, even though it potentially takes away from the number of scoring units you can field. It means he can deploy on a Raider without having to start the game on foot.

Take out the Reaver Squad (these guys are best left to bigger games unless you want to just min-max them for the Blasters. The extra points should go to Combat Drugs on your Archon first, and then to your Sybarites. This is key to making your Troops dependable in assaults.

I'm a big fan of Horrorfexes on Raiders, since pinning 1-2 units can mean all the difference when you make your big strike.

I'm also a big fan of Ravagers. I usually try to squeeze in 2 on 1,000 point games. The armament you've chosen has been the most successful for me (through much experimenting). It gives the necessary flexibility to pick any type of target that needs to go down.
    Last edited by Krovin-Rezh; March 1st, 2009 at 06:42.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok changed the list a bit. The reason I usually have 2 sniper squads is that I only own 2 raiders and 1 ravager

I put the trophy rack on the archon because I didn't know where to put my spare points..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Ah, I see. Then go with a 16-man Warrior Squad with assault weapons then if you don't want to buy another Raider yet. I suggest the extra Raider if you can do it though. It's a great tactic for any DE player to swarm your opponent with lots of speedy units (the more you've got, the better it works!).

Trophy Rack is a good idea (I always forget those). Also put Plasma Grenades on the Archon so he doesn't have to use the Combat Drugs to go first if assaulting through cover.

The Reavers are a good choice since you can't field more Raider Squads instead, but equip your Succubus with a Punisher (and Tormentor Helm if you can afford the cost). It makes her S5, so rolls to wound will generally be 3+ or 2+ against the enemy's troops.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only advice I can give is that you get the new codex as all the points id throwing me off so I don't know what you can and can't afford. It would be a very wise investment.

+ Reply to Thread