Ulthwe 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ulthwe 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ulthwe 1500

I made a topic a while back, but it wasn't directly about my prospective 1500 list, plus I was going over it with a friend who plays Emperor's Children (ROLL TO GET RAPED) and made some drastic changes. At anyrate, here is the list I am thinking about trying to run at 1500. Any suggestions are greatly welcomed. As before I only have 500 points in models, so I am very flexible to changes.

==hq==
    Farseer 178
    -Bike, Singing Spear, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune

4 Warlocks 218
    -1 singing spear, 4 bikes, embolden, 3 destructor

==troops==
    10 Dire Avengers 292
    -exarch, bladestorm, waveserpent, tl brightlance, spirit stones

10 storm guardians 267
    -2 flamers, Warlock, destructor, waveserpent, tl eldar missile launcher, spirit stones, underslung shurican cannon

10 Guardians 125
    -scatter laser, warlock, embolden

==heavy support==
    2 Warwalkers 140
    -4 eldar missile launchers

Fire Prism 140
    -spirit stones, star engines

Fire Prism 140
    -Spirit stones, star engines

total 1500 points. 3 troop choices, 6 vehicles

I should note that I am really iffy on the Fire Prisms. I couldn't seem to get enough points to outfit them with holo-fields. So instead I gave them super movement, so in case a prism cannon gets shot off, I can scoot up to from the backfield to the front lines in a turn or two for tank shocks.

I'm mildly worried my flying council is too small, but its already a large amount of points for this size game. When I move up to 1750, 1850 and 2000 I'll probably add in an enhance lock for my council, another warlocked defender squad, replace my walkers with a falcon and fragons, and possibly another serpent with fragons. But first I need to get a 1500 list to start purchasing for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

As standard new player advice. Either magnetize your heavy weapons or otherwise attach them so you'll be able to get them off later (use only a little glue, spit in the glue, use rubber cement, etc).

You'll want to be able to play with that. (i.e. you might want to play around with outflanking scatter laser walkers).

I'm also not sure about the flaming council. You're really going to have to protect them.

On holo fields. You could put holo fields on one of them, and then have the other hide while linking to the first.

Also without the skimmers moving fast rule the need for stones is much reduced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've allready magnetized my warwalkers, which is good, so I'm ontop of that.

as you say, if spirit stones aren't necissary, I could probably shave off enough points to get holofields on my prisms. But I have heard that spirit stones are very usefull on transports to keep them moveing towards thier destination. If you think my anti vehicle is sufficient, I could definitly swap my walkers down to scatter lasers, which would free up enough points for fields.

Also is the council too small? doesn't have enough fast moveing back up? How are flying councils generally run in lists?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

The bike squad could maybe use one or two more for extra protection but even in that small of a squad they will eat up alot of fire before loosing models ( extreme bad luck not withstanding ). and your planing on the flamers doing the dmg so you don't need large numbers of them to win combats with sheer numbers of attacks. I think that getting holo fields on atleast 1 of the fire prisms in a good idea. or strip them down to bare bones and use the extra points for either an extra warlock or two or a 3rd warwalker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

==hq==
    Farseer 173
    -Bike, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Doom, Fortune

4 Warlocks 213
    -4 bikes, 1 singing spear, 3 destructor

==troops==
    10 Dire Avengers 297
    -exarch, bladestorm, duel catapults, waveserpent, tl brightlance, spirit stones

10 storm guardians 272
    -2 flamers, Warlock, destructor, waveserpent, tl brightlance, spirit stones

10 Guardians 125
    -scatter laser, warlock, embolden

==heavy support==
    2 Warwalkers 120
    -4 scatter lasers

Fire Prism 150
    -Holofields

Fire Prism 150
    -Holofields

1500 pts
    --

So I took several different aspects of advice and made several changes.
    Warwalkers went to scatter lasers to afford fields on my prisms. Dropped the council's Embolden and Warding down to Witnessing to ensure that fortune and doom go off without a hitch, upgraded to a brightlance on my other serpent, and duel cats for my avenger exarch.

Is embolden usefull in a seer council? I remember reading somewhere it lets you reroll failed psychic tests for the squad but I can't find that in the codex. at anyrate if I do infact need it, I'll drop my exarch down to a single catapult to buy it back.
    Last edited by akaean; March 4th, 2009 at 06:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking over my list, and I wondered if it would be a good idea to temporarily drop the flying council, and add it back in at 1750 and 1850.

Anyway here is what I was thinking of changing
    Quote Originally Posted by REMOVE
    Farseer 173
    -Bike, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Doom, Fortune

4 Warlocks 213
    -4 bikes, 1 singing spear, 3 destructor

2 Warwalkers 120
    -4 scatter lasers
    replaced with

Farseer 143
    -Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Doom, Fortune

5 Warlocks 183
    -1 singing spear, enhance, 4 destructor

Falcon 180
    -EML, Holofields, spirit stones

exactly the same point total, more bodies for the seer council. Jetbikes will be added in higher point lists. Thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread