1000 point Tyranids (first list) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    215 (x4)

1000 point Tyranids (first list)

Getting ready for my first game of WH40K 5e. Going up against MEQ.

Here's what I'm planning on running. C&C's welcome.

Broodlord (feeder tendrils and toxin sac) - 83 (potentially outflanks or follows spinegaunts)
    Retinue of 8 genestealers (toxin sacs) - 152

8 Genestealers - 128

12 Spineguants (Spinefist, toxin sacs, without number) - 132 (screens genestealers and MCs)

11 Spineguants (Spinefist, toxin sacs, without number) - 121 (sit on back objective)

Dakkafex (2 x TLD, enhanced senses) - 113
    Sniperfex (venom cannon, barbed strangler, enhanced senses) - 148 (anti tank/vehicle)

Hive Tyrant (Enhanced senses, toxin sacs, 2x twin-linked devourers) - 121

Total = 998

Thoughts. I have 3 monsterous creatures, which may be overkill, but I think I am light on shooting AT. I could swap the dakkafex for a CC fex. I could also swap out the 2 gaunt units for a larger hormagaunt unit for faster CC action. I'm running fairly vanilla genestealers because that's the way they're modelled, but I'm not opposed to giving them scything talons or scuttling. If they outflank though, I only have the single synapse creature in the backfield.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

WOW thats a harsh list for beating MEQ's into the floor, genestealers are a marines worst nightmare, when tooled up right, as it is, you should do ok. Broodlord is terrifying vs marines, lots of high WS, I and S attacks with powerweapons negate just about every advantage the marines get. other than that, ive found dakka weapons to not be terribly effective vs marines, mainly because of their saves. I also feel that there are better carinfex set ups out there, dakka tyrants do a lot better. For this game, id find 2-3 zoanthropes and replace the dakka fex with them. other than that, play your cards right and this is a very potent marine squashing list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

215 (x4)

I'm thinking that I can remove the goodies from the Spineguants and up the count to 3 x 15 spinegaunts and increase the number of stealers to 10 in both units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

215 (x4)

Broodlord (feeder tendrils and toxin sac) - 83 (potentially outflanks or follows spinegaunts)

Retinue of 10 genestealers (toxin sacs) - 190

10 Genestealers - (rending claws and feeder tendrils) - 170

15 Spineguants (Spinefist) - 60 (screens genestealers and MCs)

15 Spineguants (Spinefist) - 60 (sits back on objective)

Dakkafex (2 x TLD, enhanced senses) - 113

Sniperfex (venom cannon, barbed strangler, enhanced senses) - 148 (anti tank/vehicle)

Hive Tyrant (Enhanced senses, toxin sacs, 2x twin-linked devourers) - 121

Zoanthrope (Warp Field, Warp Blast) - 55

Total = 1000

This gives me 3 synapse creatures and adds some extra AT in the form of the Zoanthroope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like it will be a good first match for you, please be sure to post the results about the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

215 (x4)

This worked out pretty well. We pulled a Dawn of War mission with 4 objectives and we choose to set up first. I started out with my Broodlord + retinue and a large unit of Spineguants on the left flank with the second unit of Genestealers starting off in cover in the middle.

On my first turn, I placed a sniperfex on a hill to anchor my right flank, small unit of spinegaunts + zoanthrope went up the middle to secure my objectives, and the remaining MCs' followed up the left flank.

Things went pretty well. The Genestealer unit in the middle took down a squad and half of marines before getting wiped out by a unit coming from reserved. The large Spineguant unit got wiped out in HTH, but allowed the Broodlord to countercharge and take out another squad of marines. I didn't take fleshhooks for the stealers, which hurt me during the charge, but this will be rectified for next time.

The last squad of marines, coming in from reserves, got pummelled by shooting from a dakkafex, dakka tyrant, and the sniperfex.

In hindsight, fleshhooks are definately in and I need to think about how I move my figures (for instance, moving them up to the second floor, which wasted inches), and I need to make sure my big creatures aren't giving away free shots (tyrant took a lascannon shot)

+ Reply to Thread