Combat Patrol friendly tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat Patrol friendly tournament list

Hi-
    I'm new to librarium online and 40k -(have played whfb for a while though) and i was wondering if someone could give me a hand with a rounded combat patrol list able to face anything reasonably well.

i was thinking something along the lines of:

5 warp spiders
    with exarch with dual spinners and withdraw

8 dire avengers
    with exarch with twin catapults and bladestorm

2 vyper jetbikes
    with scatter lasers

ive heard mixed things about the vypers and so am unsure about them, but thought between the bikes and the spiders i should be able to deal with light vehicules.

on a side note - i was wondering about converting the warp spiders using guardians as the base, with necron bodies - the back half- as a carapace and a modified gauss gun as death spinners, but ive not ever had my hands on the back half of a necron body. does anyone happen to have both eldar guardians and unmade necrons so they could tell me if they thought that was a vague possibility.

cheers

Last edited by jaegar; March 7th, 2009 at 10:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Hi and welcome.

A couple of things to think about for your list, dropping withdraw, with only 5 bodies any melee they get into is possibly going to be deadly to the spiders. And maybe changing the vypers for warwalkers. They are not as fast but can get more shots for less points.

Never been much on conversions so can't help there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warwalkers > Vypers in my opinion: WWs are 30 pts each which is dirt cheap, get some scatters in there (I use starcannons with them, but 3 with a Starcannon/Scatter on each is a costly 210, 180 if you just use scatters) thats 12 str 6 shots..mmm.. in 500 pts CP I'd use 2 WWs, saves you an extra 30 points.
    If you you thought my post was helpful, or you just liked it, use the Rep button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback guys,

so you think something more like:

5 warp spiders including exarch with dual deathspinners

2x warwalkers with 2 scatterlasers each

10 dire avengers including exarch with dual shurican catapults and bladestorm

which comes to 399

Also, i was told that a number of the games would be played using cities of death- which i havnt had a chance to read yet, do you think that this type of list will work, or might the warwalkers not be such a good choice? (just guessing here as i dont know the cod rules yet..)

Thanks
    Jaegar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversions

I dont think Necron/Eldar merge will be easy. If I recall Eldar Guardians are 2 piece body - Necron Warriors are 1 piece single mold. So you would need a craft saw (and steady hand). Even after that I could not say how closely the edges would match.

+ Reply to Thread