First attempt at 1K eldar army speedy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First attempt at 1K eldar army speedy

Just came back from GW after buying the eldar codex and thought I would attempt a speedy eldar army

HQ

Autarch
    jet bike
    mandiblaster
    laser lance

Troops
    6x Jetbikes
    2x shuriken cannon
    warlocks
    destuctor
    singing spear

6x Jetbikes
    2x shuriken cannon

6x Jetbikes
    1x shuriken cannon

Fast Attack
    5x shining spears(autarch in here)
    exarch
    star lance
    skilled rider

Fire Prism
    holo-field

C&C is welcome

Last edited by scot246; March 8th, 2009 at 17:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

My first thought is to drop one of the shining spear units bump the other one to the full 5 man with exarch and try to get a couple of warlocks in with the guardians. a couple of them with singing spears would up your possible vehicle hunting units and any of the warlock powers can help. Also go for the maniblaster over the banshee mask, the few number of times the autarch will not already go first doesn't warrant loosing the extra attack on the charge the maniblaster would give.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Definitely merge those shining spear units if you want to take them. Honestly, I think you will be disappointed in the performance of the spears. They die just as easily as marines, and while their speed is formidable, longer ranged weapons will be able to knock them out. Every loss from the unit is a huge deal as it significantly lowers the hitting power of the unit. They may work for a game or two against people who have never seen them before, but once people become savvy they just will become less and less effective and rarely worth their exorbitant cost.

I would go for max cannons on your jetbikes wherever possible.

Mandiblaster on your Autarch is mandatory. This large number of attacks from a single model is the only thing that makes the spears good.

6-man jetbike units are probably the only size (of 3/6/9) that don't require a warlock. 3-man need it for leadership(embolden), and larger squads need it for protection(conceal) or extra damage(destructor). If you are going to take a warlock destructor would probably be the best bet at that size.

Stones on the prism can help if you get caught off guard, and in the end game if you need to use it to contest objectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice, i will merge the shining spears units into a unit of 5. I willget a mandiblaster on the autauch and will also make other changes

+ Reply to Thread