Librarium Online Forums banner

1000pt Raider list

648 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Alethe 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of this 1000pt list for my first game sense 3rd edition?

HQ: Archon
1 Archon @ 338 Pts
Combat Drug Dispenser; Shadow Field; Tormentor Helm; Trophy Rack; Punisher; Plasma Grenades; Animus Vitae
1 Retinue @ [181] Pts
2 Warriors @ [40] Pts
Splinter Cannon (x2); Plasma Grenades
3 Incubi @ [81] Pts
Tormentor Helm; Punisher (x3); Plasma Grenades
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Elite: Wyches
7 Wyches @ 200 Pts
Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades
1 Succubus @ [42] Pts
Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Plasma Grenades (Squad)
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Troops: Warrior Squad
10 Warrior Squad @ 100 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x 8 ); Dark Lance (x2)

Troops: Raider Squad
6 Raider Squad @ 123 Pts
Blaster; Splinter Rifle (x4); Splinter Cannon; Raider
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Troops: Raider Squad
6 Raider Squad @ 123 Pts
Blaster; Splinter Rifle (x4); Splinter Cannon; Raider
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Heavy Support: Ravager
1 Ravager @ 115 Pts
Dark Lance (x1); Disentegrator (x2)

Total Roster Cost: 999

See less See more
#2 ·
Save some points by making the Archon a Dracon. When he's got Incubi & Combat Drugs, the extra wound + attack are not so badly needed. The Shadow Field is also not going to make much difference since the Lord isn't targetable until after his retinue is wiped out. 50 points saved :)

The Warrior DL squad doesn't fit very well. If you want to use a Raider list, it's just best to put everything on a Raider. Also, long range weapons are less effective now that there's lots of 4+ cover. Blasters are preferable.

Personally, I like to squeeze in as many Sybarites as I can with agonisers/punishers + combat drugs. This really helps to give us the knockout punch our Warriors need once they get within striking distance.

The Wyches and the Ravager are nice choices. I wouldn't change them, unless you needed more points to spend. In which case, the Wych squad could go down to 6 models.

#3 · (Edited)
The thought was to have the Warrior squad hang out on an objective and shoot or in cover and shoot. The other reason I didn't put them in a Raider is at this point I only have 5 vehicals (2 Raiders + 3 magnetised Ravagers). I will be buying more in the next few weeks as funds become availible. Now I do have 7 jetbikes laying around, do you think it would be better to put some of them in the list instead of something else? More Incubi instead of Warriors? I'd really like to get some kind of list together so I can play a couple games this weekend so pour on the ideas please. These guys haven't seen very many DE armys and most have never played against one at all. I really would like to come out of the box with a big impression if you know what I mean. I look to be faceing mainly Orks and MEQ.

#4 ·
I'm honestly not a big fan of incubi. I would recommend dropping the entire retinue and using those points to add another wyche squad (should fit if both wyche squads are 6 man strong). I would have the lord run with one of the wyche squads, this will give you greater flexibility. I also strongly recommend giving your ravager the 3rd dissie, it can be critical when destorying high value/threat targets.

I think the foot squad is fine, I often use them in small games to guard objectives while providing covering fire.

#5 ·
Ok, changed things a bit, what do you guys think about this?

HQ: Archon (1#, 157 Pts)
1 Archon @ 157 Pts
Combat Drug Dispenser; Shadow Field; Tormentor Helm; Trophy Rack; Punisher;
Plasma Grenades; Animus Vitae
Rides with Wyche squad #1

Elite: Wyches (7#, 172 Pts)
5 Wyches @ 172 Pts
Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades
1 Succubus @ [42] Pts
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Elite: Wyches (7#, 177 Pts)
5 Wyches @ 177 Pts
1 Succubus @ [47] Pts
Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Trophy Rack; Plasma Grenades (Squad)
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Troops: Warrior Squad (11#, 124 Pts)
10 Warrior Squad @ 124 Pts
1 Sybarite @ [24] Pts
Close Combat Weapon; Poison Blades; Trophy Rack
The Sybarite is therein case they get assaulted while holding an objective.

Troops: Raider Squad (6#, 115 Pts)
5 Raider Squad @ 115 Pts
Blaster; Splinter Rifle (x3); Splinter Cannon; Raider
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

5 Raider Squad @ 115 Pts
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Heavy Support: Ravager (1#, 140 Pts)
1 Ravager @ 140 Pts
Disentegrator (x3); Nightshields

Total Roster Cost: 1000

#6 ·
Hey
First visit back to the DE for a few months, so bare with me if I get a couple of things mucked up.

HQ
I like the setup of the Lord, although as aforementioned, degrade him to an Dracon, as he will need to be relied on a fair bit, and as this is only a 1000 point list, it just seems too relied on. Good for remembering the three most important things: Punisher, T. Helm and Plasma. Don't ever leave home without it. I agree with Gardeth on the Incubi situation, in that they just don't seem to fit, so by all means, full steam ahead with another Wych squad. You won't regret it, especially aganist Orks, as you just see their CC attacks bounce recklessly off bare skin. However, I am a little hesitant on the Animus Vitae. I'm always in two minds about this upgrade, but because Victory Points are no longer a factor in 40K, we have to settle for Kill Points, and in my experience, my mates don't like playing against an army with a model that can take over 20 Kill Points per game. If you are playing a friendly match, your mates may be hesitant too. It is up to you, but game wise, you certainly leave the Dracon in a possible crossfire matter; if your opponent was smart, he would ambush the squad with a flank attack, making the rundown squad act as bait. That's what I would do. But rather good job.
You know, now that I think about it, your Raider squads could go with a little more reinforcement. I would consider (a viable option) to include a Destructor-Scissorhand-weilding Haemonculus with one. As they are not maxed out, every little bit of blasting, meat cleaving goodness helps!

ELITES
Pretty good setup. Seeing as how you are running a Raider rush list, Wyches COULD become a burden. But if you play your cards right (and the right enemy) they should pull it off. A pro is being able to enter CC really easily, but a con is not being able to CC really easily, (hope you can make sense of this). They will be a target, and because of this I would consider swapping the DLs on the Wych Raiders to Dissies. It poses as covering fire, so you can even the odds before they do their stuff. I would also suggest a Blaster for each squad; level out all aspects for potential death.

TROOPS
Seeming decent, however I notice some problems. Firstly, poisoned blades cannot be used in conjunction with any other weapons, so drop the ADCCW. Instead, seeing as how there is no real variation in the squad, give the Syb a ranged-assault weapon. I'm thinking something like a Xenospasm, or a Terrorfex, so you can keep them at bay, hammering with pinning grenades, while you pummel them with Splinter Fire and Dark Matter. Secondly, I feel as if you have neglected on your Troops a little, by not adding enough. I would find a way to incorporate a few more into the Raider squads, and if you do happen to include a Haemie, then do so. Nevertheless, good job not mixing Heavies and Assaults. In 5th, you can never have too many blast templates, so the more the better. Against Orks and MEQ, they both pretty much work in the same way by overwhelming the foe. However, they do it in different ways. Orks push forward with everlasting numbers, while MEQ do it with heavy armor and over-the-top firepower. If you can use as many Intiative lowering and pinning manoveurs as possible, then you can send them a line of infantry into a line of craters. Flank with the two Raiders, and you have a pretty good shot at another objective.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Yet another insanely overpowered vehicle of mass destruction. The best setup for any Ravager would be complete if you included only 2 Dissies and a DL, to account for all armor on the battlefield. That way MEQs turn into WREQs, and Orks into Rorks. Nice!

So to sum up, I would say that the list lacks a little disicipline and demeanour, however it makes up for it with speed, guild and sheer defensive tactics. Well done!

Post any more questions if you have them, or talk to any of us personally!

Fly High!

#7 ·
I've got a game in a few hours against Marines, not sure if there Chaos or standard at this point, and looks like this is the list I'm going to try. Wish me luck.

HQ: Dracon (1#, 132 Pts)
1 Dracon @ 132 Pts
Combat Drug Dispenser; Shadow Field; Tormentor Helm; Trophy Rack; Punisher; Plasma Grenades; Animus Vitae
Rides with Wyche squad #1

HQ: Haemonculi (1#, 47 Pts)
1 Haemonculi @ 47 Pts
Scissorhand; Destructor; Plasma Grenades
Rides with Raider squad #1

Elite: Wyches (7#, 172 Pts)
5 Wyches @ 172 Pts
1 Succubus @ [42] Pts
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Elite: Wyches (7#, 177 Pts)
5 Wyches @ 177 Pts
1 Succubus @ [47] Pts
Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Trophy Rack; Plasma Grenades (Squad)
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Troops: Warrior Squad (10#, 100 Pts)
10 Warrior Squad @ 100 Pts

5 Raider Squad @ 115 Pts
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

5 Raider Squad @ 115 Pts
1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Heavy Support: Ravager (1#, 140 Pts)
1 Ravager @ 140 Pts
Disentegrator (x3); Nightshields

Total Roster Cost: 998

#8 ·
Turns out I played Tau today with the above list. Totally wiped the florr with him first game. Second game he beat me. I rolled to go first so I set up that way, but he managed to "Seize the Inititive" from me, wasn't pretty. I lost 2 raiders and my ravager first turn.

Anyway it was a blast and the list worked pretty well.

Thanks guys for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.