1000pt Eldar Competition list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Eldar Competition list.

HQ - 80pts

Farseer with Doom 80pts

Elite - 271pts

5x Fire Dragons
    1x Exarch with Firepike and Tank Hunters 131pts
    Wave Serpent TL EML and Shuriken Cannon with Spirit Stones 140pts

Troops - 539pts

9x Dire Avengers
    1x Exarch with 2 Cats and Bladestorm - 152pts
    Wave Serpent TL Bright Lances and Spirit Stones - 135pts

9x Dire Avengers
    1x Exarch with 2 Cats and Bladestorm 152pts

10x Gaurdians with EML platform - 100pts

Heavy - 110pts

Wraithlord with Shuriken Cannon and Wraithsword - 110pts

Total 1000pts

Farseer will run with the dire avengers in the wave serpent and cast doom on something every turn. They will be used to clear objectives or contest in the end game. Fire Dragons will troubleshoot Tanks and Monstrous creatures. The Gaurdians and the other DA squad will hang back and hold objectives while the gaurds take potshots with the EML for pinning infantry or popping light tanks. Wraithlord is counter assault to protect the troops not in Transports and to deal with any Dreadnoughts that might drop in.

Will this work at all? I have other models like Banshees, Fire Prisms, Autarch, Avatar, War Walker. Let me know what i should change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I've always been against a Fire Dragon exarch.

If you're shoving six melta shots into a vehicle, it is going to be destroyed. Tank Hunters is really unnecessary.
    Additionally,the Exarch's firepike may be an 18" melta weapon, but using it ends to be at the cost of the rest of the squad being out of range.

You could spend the 35 points elsewhere such as buying two more Fire Dragons or getting your Farseer the power "Fortune".
    Two more Dragons increases survivability and pours even more melta guns into the group.
    Last edited by Absolutionis; March 12th, 2009 at 22:45.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the above post, especially in small games the Exarch isn't worth it. I'd rather take two more dragons for the cost. As for Guardians while they can be effective you're only hitting with that missile 50/50 a squad of 5 rangers on the other hand are just as good at pinning infantry, have rending as well as ap1 hit rolls and survive a lot better when shot at due to + 1 cover save. Much better objective holders imo. Thanks to rending as well they can also with some luck pop light vehicles so good all round

+ Reply to Thread