Durn Shooty boss, durn shooty. 1000 point list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Durn Shooty boss, durn shooty. 1000 point list.

Here's my list as best I can remember it, since I'm away from my 'dex and army at the moment.

HQ
    Big Mek w/shokk attack gun, cybork, bosspole, ammo runt -113
    Big Mek w/Kustom Force Field, cybork -95

Troops
    30 shoota boyz w/nob (Powerklaw, bosspole, big shoota, eavy armor), 2 big shoota boyz -240

20 shoota boyz w/nob (Powerklaw, bosspole), 2 big shootas -170

Heavy Support
    3 Killa Kanz w/ 2 Kustom Mega Blasters, 1 big shoota -150
    3 Zzap gunz w/ 4 extra grot crew, runtherd -112
    Battlewagon w/deffrolla, 2 big shootas -120

Total: 1000 points.

20 boyz go in the wagon, kff mek goes with the boyz on foot. the shokk attack gun will sit with the zzap gunz so he can tak advantage of being able to shoot at different targets, since the gunz are artillery. Kanz go forward in front of the foot boyz, so they're obsucred by the force field, and grant a 4+ cover to the boyz behind them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

Not bad, but I'd never use 2 HQs in anything less than a 1500 point game. I'd drop the KFF, as there aren't many units in the army that benefit from them.

I'd also downgrade the zzzap guns into regular kannons. It's save you quite a few points, and on average they'll actually be stronger than the zzzap gun shots, with better range to boot. Just so you know, if you attach the SAG to the big guns unit (and you should), the SAG and guns are allowed to fire at separate targets. It's a neat little rule buried within the artillery section of the 40k rulebook.

Never mix weapon types within a unit. Give all the Killa Kans some KMBs, or else just field 2. Having a big shoota in there just confuses things, and won't help much.

With those points, I'd add 2 units of 12-16 grots w/runtherder, for screening your troops and sitting on objectives. Either that or you could cut the unit of 30 shootas down to 20, and use the combined points to field another unit of 20 shoota boyz. Personally, I never use anything less than 4 scoring troop units whenever possible.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread