Help on my 1500Pt army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help on my 1500Pt army

Well I am very new to the game.

I created my own little 400 Point foce which i used for the smaller missions. But now i would like a larger force to start playing 1500Pt games.

I am very fond of troops. I love the FireWarriors with Pulse Rifles. i'm not sure why but i really enjoy playing with them. Always brought me victory on my travels :d

I would also like alot of Heavy Support. RailHeads, Broadsides are my favourite. I have 2 Broadsides already. But would Like at Least 1 HammerHead if not 2.

Please fill in my gaps everyone. Thankyou so much

Oh i have HQ choice but i am willing to change it so it will work better with my troop/Heavy army type. Same with Elite and Possibly fast Attack.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont make your list for you, but these are some good guidelines to build one in your interest, and yes, it can be very competitive.

If you like troops have you thought about Shadow Sun? She does a great job by boosting there moral up to 10 and she naturally denies a victory point to the enemy due to her Stealth Field.

It would be a great boon to have a few DF to move those troops onto objectives, oh, and Path Finders do make FW quite the problem on the field.

As for heavy, why not 6 BASS? They make up for the lack of MP's and with that many TLRG's and some Marker Lights you shouldn't have to worry about armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou!

I have looked at ShodowSun in the Codex and Online.

Not sure why i never contemplated her before!

Yeah, DF sound like a good transport. Wasn't sure whether to use them as a couple of good shots to its side coould see it deaded...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sure you upgrade your fish with SMS's otherwise if they get popped the drones count as VP in some missions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spec.ops View Post
    Make sure you upgrade your fish with SMS's otherwise if they get popped the drones count as VP in some missions.
    It all depends on what he wants to do really... basic fish with disruption pod = 85, but if your gonna take sms you might as well make sure they can be fired and hits! Hence I think ya war fish needs to be 125 then! All depends if ya want the extra points for fw or crisis suits...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, it is always up to the other person, but adding SMS onto a vehicle is a very wise decision for VP denial and for the fragile troops we have; thus, safer to have the transport work in tandem with other vehicles blasting the enemy to kingdom come. But, if one is sporting some PF's and 24+ FW's why not go to town blasting away?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe u is rite homes... maybe u is rite...

I shall re-work my list for dis Sunday!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here Goes

Here goes Nothing:

Please add and take anything to make it a betetr side Just a Noob here Still Not sure on Markerlights (confusing) So i haven't added them in. Please put them where they fit best

HQ:
    Commander Shadowsun (All equipment that comes with her obv.) 175 Pts

Total HQ Pts = 175 Pts

Elite:

Crisis Suit Team: 106 Pts
    2 x Shas'ui [EW] TL Missile Pod, Targetting Array

Total Elite Pts = 318 Pts

Troop:
    Fire Warriors Squad: 115 Pts
    9 x Shas'la [EW] Pulse Rifle
    1 x Shas'ui [EW] Pulse Rifle, Bonding Knife
    Fire Warriors Squad: 115 Pts
    Fire Warriors Squad: 215 Pts
    1 x DevilFish [EW] Burst Cannon, Gun Drones, Multi Tracker, Disruption Pod
    Fire Warriors Squad: 215 Pts
    1 x DevilFish [EW] Burst Cannon, Gun Drones, Multi Tracker, Disruption Pod

Total Troop Pts = 660 Pts

Heavy Support:

Hammerhead [EW] Railgun, Burst Cannons, Disruption Pod, Multi-Tracker 165 Pts
    Hammerhead [EW] Railgun, Burst Cannons, Disruption Pod, Multi-Tracker 165 Pts

Total Heavy Support Pts = 330 Pts

Points Overall:
    ---Hq: 175 Pts
    --Elite: 318 Pts
    Troop: 660 Pts
    Heavy: 330 Pts
    Sum : 1493 Pts

[EW] = Equipped With

My main aim here was to create a list that could deal with: Light Infantry, and All tanks (so mainly an Imperial List). Shadow Sun Is my HQ choice as she does well with my troops. My Deathrain Teams are designed to deal with Light tanks and Walkers. My Troops are supposed to be able to deal with Light Infantry (with the help of some Hammerhead SUbmition Shots), I was going to split my fire into two and use the DF to interchange the squads to which ever side is under most fire. I thought if i targetted one squad of enemy troops with one squad of FW then my chances of victory are low, whereas if i use two or possibly three sqyads of Firewarriors then they don't stand a chance. I don't have any Fast support as i'm not sure what they are meant for. And finally My heavy support, the hammerheads are there to deal with Big scary tanks, and their submition shots can help out with troops if needed. I was going to include a Broadside Squad but i ran out of Points.

On a different mind path completley would it be possible if: My army was a fleet exiled from the Tau Empire as they don't fight for the greater good. And Just battle Into Imperial Territory Alone but have Commander Shadowsun as their HQ choice?

Shadowsun Rules: Confused Does my list being for a 1500 Pt match does that mean that i cannot take her? What if i made my list Exactly 1500Pts? In which case i will give my Pulse Carbine Squad a HW drone controller and 1 Gun drone. Equivilent to 12 points
    Last edited by LukeTau; March 26th, 2009 at 00:17. Reason: Edit list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be interested in knowing how your list will do. My biggest concern with running a list like this is how you plan to take multiple objectives.

Most people with argue that Shadowsun is not worth the points. There are plenty of topics to search on this, but I still get tempted to try her out here and there as well (so don't let me stop you!). Also I'm pretty sure when they say 'use in a 1500 pt army' they mean that that is the agreed upon point level for the game.

Many will also argue that it is better to drop your Deathrain suits down to 2 in a squad. Generally 4 BS 4 shots with rerolls will be good enough, and you can split the extra guys off in their own squad (so 3 2xDeathrain squads). This lets you target an additional unit, and you can drop the team leader and bonding knife with this plan as well (since TL adds nothing really and the unit is 2 so below 1/2 size = dead).

The multitrackers on the Fish can probably be dropped if you need to pick up some points. Generally the MT only become useful when you start stacking other option (SMS, TA), which is nice (as mentioned above) but not a necessity if you just run a plain jane fish.

I would probably kill one troop choice to get another DF in there and max out the squads, but I'm sure experimentation could make this a fun list to try!
    Last edited by danmaytion; March 26th, 2009 at 00:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List edited. Looks good.

How will i combat the objective thing?
    Last edited by LukeTau; March 26th, 2009 at 00:19.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast