5 immortal 140

3 option:
1 lord ( res orb & veil) 200
10 warriors 180
10 warriors 180
4 destroyer 200
7 immortal 196
3 scarab 36

please help m. I'm new to the game, just played for a month.
I like the second option the most because it have 2 squad of destroyer and that makes the enemy split fire to kill all the destroyer, and if 1 squad is killed theys till could have WBB rolls, but I think 5 immortal isn't enough for a flying circus is it??

See less See more
#2 ·
Option 2 does look the ''nicest''. Although personally i never go near the VoD. The Lord is a very expensive model before any upgrades, and often people take the ResOrb because they assume its the thing to do, but often its not needed (against Tau, its never needed...) However, keep it for now. Just drop the VoD and splash out on some Scarabs :)

#4 ·
Hey Welcome.

I'm gonna throw in with Phoenix here. List two looks the most effective. I feel it could use some combat units however, you're going to be reasonably vulnerable to assault. Flayed ones could find a place here as counter chargers in your main force. Or you could use a tomb spyder (this would give your destroyers a split leash, which is very nice). Then again, that crazy scarab idea could always work.

Personally I've always enjoyed using the Veil of Darkness, however it's a very dangerous tool and will sometimes screw you over rather heavily. For getting the feel of 'crons, I'm actually going to say that removing it is a good idea.

#6 ·
I'd say list 2 without the Veil and with 2 extra immortals looks a lot like a list I used a while back:

Lord orb
10 Immortals
10 warriors
10 warriors
3 Destroyers
1 Tombspider

all tough I would probably split up the Immortals in units of 5 to split fire. or drop some and get some infiltrating Flayed ones outflanking and tying up some Dev squads

Cheers CJ

#10 · (Edited)
Even ten shots from an immortals squad is nothing to scoff at, also the range on their weapons means you can keep a safe distance with the Veil, (don't try to get your lord in range, you'll end up getting charged or rapid fired or other such unpleasentries.

Another nasty trick is to keep your two squads of destroyers next to eachother, so they have to wipe out all 6 at once to take WBB (or hit them with power weapons in assault) needless to say, most armies can't provide the sort of firepower needed to down that number of destroyers in 1k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.