Tournament 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tournament 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Tournament 1500

Alright so what am I using then?

I was thinking of taking this:

3 Crisis (HQ) - plasma missile multi, 1 flamer, 2 shield drones

3 Crisis - plasma missile multi

2 Crisis - twinlinked missile pods, 1 shield drone, one has BS4

6 Fire Warriors

6 Fire Warriors

10 Kroot

10 Kroot

4 Pathfinders in Devilfish - cover save

2 Broadsides - move and shoot, 2 shield drones

2 more Broadsides - move and shoot, 2 shield drones

Hammerhead - railgun, burst cannons, cover save

There will be missions centered around the HQ so I need a kickarse HQ.

Last edited by onlainari; March 23rd, 2009 at 12:15.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I know!

Hi onlainari,

This won't be the first time you'll hear this so here goes.

At 1500 pnts your trrop choices are exceptionally flimsy, especially in 5th ed!

You really need to bulk out the Firewarrior squads, 3 x 10 man with leader and bonding knife is minimum at this points level. There's noithing like 30 setrength 5 shots at 30inches to spoil a day (60 in rapid fire range).

Trust me, bonding knives are worth it in 5th (boy, I never thought I'd ever say that) as it will help them stand on the field to the last man!

There are those who swear by Kroot but without a cover save or the Shaper they tend to run at the first sign of trouble. So maybe drop one squad and add some hounds (3 maybe) to the one kept for a bit of combat initiative.

As to where the points will come for the extra troops, well: -
    1. I'd start by dropping the second kroot (less the dogs) gives you about 52pnts.
    2. Drop one of the Crisis suits from the Plas Multi squad for another 50 odd points
    3. Drop the shield drone from the TL missile group and set them all the same (TLMP & Targ Array - nice light tank) - saves ??
    3. Drop the Rail Gun off the Hammerhead and use the Ion Cannon (S7, Heavy 3, AP 2) for a Marine Killer - its a good build.
    4. Add Disruption pods to ALL vehicles (or is this what u mean by cover saves?) - a 4+ save at 12inches for only 5 points YES PLS!
    5. Consider trying the TL Plasma Rifles on the Broadsides, 24 inch range AP 2 marine killers and rapid fire so if u move u can fire anyway!

Anyways, theres some thoughts.

Best of luck
    Sometimes I need to temper my enthusiasm, then I remember the impossible IS possible!
    Armies
    TAU 46W, 9D, 9L CHAOS 14W, 1D, 2L NIDS 4W, -D, -L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold94 View Post
    Hi onlainari,

As to where the points will come for the extra troops, well: -
    1. I'd start by dropping the second kroot (less the dogs) gives you about 52pnts.
    2. Drop one of the Crisis suits from the Plas Multi squad for another 50 odd points
    3. Drop the shield drone from the TL missile group and set them all the same (TLMP & Targ Array - nice light tank) - saves ??
    3. Drop the Rail Gun off the Hammerhead and use the Ion Cannon (S7, Heavy 3, AP 2) for a Marine Killer - its a good build.
    4. Add Disruption pods to ALL vehicles (or is this what u mean by cover saves?) - a 4+ save at 12inches for only 5 points YES PLS!
    5. Consider trying the TL Plasma Rifles on the Broadsides, 24 inch range AP 2 marine killers and rapid fire so if u move u can fire anyway!

Anyways, theres some thoughts.

Best of luck

well first off the 2 kroots are fine but you do need to bulk out the FW squads some more. 10-12 man squads is recommended. 8man is minimum. also drop the shield drone from the deathrain and give both of them TAs. always add distruption pods no matter what. never take plasmas on broadsides because if they are within 24" and can see you then you have got problems. always use the sms on these guys as you can shoot 4 shots through terrain all the time while with the plasmas you only get 1-2 shots you can reroll. if you got like a squad of marines withing rapidfire range of these guys then you REALLY got problems there and they will probably survive even if you got all 6 shots to kill to kill you on the charge. for the HH add a multitracker so that you can move 12" and shoot all the time. that way with the railgun you can always drop pie plates which are not bad against most everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by moonis View Post
    you need to bulk out the FW squads some more. 10-12 man squads is recommended.

for the HH add a multitracker so that you can move 12" and shoot all the time.
    Sure. How about this:

3 Crisis (HQ) - plasma missile multi, 2 shield drones

2 Crisis - twinlinked missile pods, 1 shield drone, 1 targeting array

10 Fire Warriors

10 Fire Warriors

10 Fire Warriors

10 Kroot

10 Kroot

4 Pathfinders in Devilfish - dpod

Hammerhead - railgun, burst cannons, multitracker, dpod

Last edited by onlainari; March 24th, 2009 at 21:12.
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't discount Anti MEQ!

I like this build a whole lot more than the previous one. More troops, dedicated suits, all good.

Couple of things though.

never take plasmas on broadsides because if they are within 24" and can see you then you have got problems.
    As 5th edition is all about getting into combat, it is INEVITABLE that your opponent will get within 24 inches! Geez, in most games u start at only 24 inches or so apart.

As for not seeing u, any 'reasonable player will create lines of sight onto dangerous models (I know I would).

always use the sms on these guys as you can shoot 4 shots through terrain all the time while with the plasmas you only get 1-2 shots you can reroll.
    Lets look at this.
    SMS 24 Inch Range not requiring line of sight (this does Not mean that it ignores cover).
    Plasma -1 Shot at 24 inch Range or 2 in Rapid fire - 12'.

SMS is St 5 AP5 compared with Plas St 6 AP 2. Therefore when you hit with the Plas, you will more often kill.

As for hitting, SMS on BS 3 means u will hit on average about 2 times whereas you will more often hit every time with the Plas as it is TL. This gets better within Rapid Fire Range.

That's when the AP comes into its own because MQ gets no save!

Anyway, food for thought but your choice, I tend to take a TL in each squad and equip them differently to get the best of both worlds.

Apply similar logic to the Ion Cannon as a MEQ killer and that can with those armies.

The only other suggest I would again make is to consider the Team Leader w Bonding Knife on at least one or two Firewarrior squads. It really helps them be more resiliant.

Best of luck w your list.
    Sometimes I need to temper my enthusiasm, then I remember the impossible IS possible!
    Armies
    TAU 46W, 9D, 9L CHAOS 14W, 1D, 2L NIDS 4W, -D, -L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

299 (x7)

3 Crisis (HQ) - plasma missile multi, 2 shield drones

2 Crisis - plasma missile multi

2 Crisis - twin missile bsf

10 Fire Warriors

10 Fire Warriors

10 Kroot

10 Kroot

4 Pathfinders in Devilfish

Hammerhead - railgun, gun drones, dpod

That's pretty much the most firepower I can get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once you adjusted your list it did look pretty sweet just remember ion cannon is ap3 not ap2 so its usless against termies, and only being heavy three means you wont be taking out much in 1 turn. gold, just asking do you play with noobs, my local store is almost exclusively marines and i tried the plasma rifle, misslepod on my xv8's and and tl plasma rifle on my xv88, guess what i found out the hard way? a good marine player that knows ur using ap3 or better weaponry will hug cover like wimps null invoiding your expensive 20pt 1 shot weapon, recently i have been using misslepod and burst cannons, in a three man squad this is 15 shots up to 24", used with pathfinders, you say to marines "im hitting on twos and wounding on threes" then watch him start cryingoh and if marines are 12" away it doesnt matter if you rapid fired your screwed

+ Reply to Thread