Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Big time updated list used at my first friendly tourney.
So I used this list here with the followin results:
I have 3x AOBR Ork sets, 3x Loota/Burna boxes, truck, sweet Deff rolla BW, and will more then likely be getting/ converting bikers / buggies from Deff Koptas
Game 1 : Versus sisters of battle: Lots of sisters mounted and 2x dreads, 2x organ missile launcher tanks. Set in a generally open table with intervening woods. There were three OBJ's for primary and table corners for secondary. Minor Loss due to him owning a table corner as a secondary obj.
-Lootas destroyed two of his strong walkers in one round of shooting
-Two nob squads let me split up and handle two batches of 3xtransports with sisters.
-KFF saved a lot of my 30xboy squads when moving up
-Battle wagon tank shock took our an organ gun missle shooting veh and a sisters squad
-Flame templates destroyed an entire boy squad in one round from sisters.
Game 2 : Versus Catachan IG with 2x Russ and lots of elits in an Annihilation . All set in an open filed with lots of impassible terrain and lots of woods / mine fields Major Vic
- Truck w/ nobz lets me spit off from main effort and attak other EN elements.
- KFF on the advance in BW with 2 squads on sides was excellent.
- Nobz w/ PK versus Russ = KP
-Shoota/Skorcha let me deal a lot of damage for only 5pnts.
-Warboss was susceptable when he was not stuck in. Should have detached/reattach to a stronger squad.
-Grot screen in the front was ok, but turned out to be an easy KP for him, should have left back and let KFF coversave
-channeling boyz in a pass left them vulnerable to flamers.
-didnt know his list so I could have scrored a lot more KP if I took out other squads.
Game 3 : Versus Elite Space Wolves w/ Laindraider Crusader, elite scouts, elite command, venerable dread etc in a sieze and hold your OBJ while taking his OBJ. All set in a built up area with lots of 4 story buildings.
-Deff rolla tankshock command squad which suffered massive cas then broke followed by ram/tank shock of his LR Crusader which exploded!
- Lootas in cover dropping a few guys a turn
-Nobz in a truck sprinting along the side and dismounting to attack a stationary dread and his LR Crusader.
- Boys providing a distraction for the Truck BW moving forward with purpose.
- KFF in BW was the only saving grace versus his shooting phase.
- As the sec OBJ was to cas 50% attrition to units for points, I initially lost a squad of boys = 2pnts. Which turned out ok becuase I distracted from main effort.
- Boys trying to move in and out of buildings takes forever, and as our game was only 3 turns they never really made it far.
- not knowing how to defend against his elite scouts which had crazy gear for their points w/ a terminator!
Overall, pretty happy. If I had paid closer attention to the pri/sec OBJ I would have won all of them outright, but I focused on KP instead of what I needed to win.
I was thinking of swaping out a footsloger mob of nobz in favour of bikes then putting 20x shootas in the BW instead.... Any sugestions on how to make this work????
HQ1 (95 ) - Warboss w/ PK + Eavy Armour + Shoota/Skorcha
HQ2 (90 ) - Big Mek w/ KFF + Eavy Armour
T1 (220 ) - 30 Choppa boys. (Nob w/ PK and BP)(29 Choppa
T2 (220 ) - 30 Choppa boys. (Nob w/ PK and BP)(29 Choppa
T3 (40 ) - 10 Grots w/ Runtherd
T4 (260 ) - 10xNobz mounted in a Trukk ( 45 ) (Reinforced Ram + RPJ )
2- Nob w/ PK + Shoota/Skorcha + BP + Waaaagh Banner
E1 (150 ) - 10x Lootas
E2 (260 ) - 10xNobz mounted in BW
2- Nob w/ PK + Shoota/Skorcha + BP + Waaaagh Banner
H1 (125 ) - Battle Wagon - (1x BigShoota, Deff Rolla, RPJ, Armour Plates )
Really appreciate all the assistance you can give me... I feel like I havent really saved points where needed and thinned the lines to much in my troops... Help!!
Last edited by Glockster83; March 30th, 2009 at 14:45. Reason: UPDATED with Battle results
Snikrots not an HQ choice, he's an upgrade for the unit. Also He's Hardly ever worth it! I don't use him, and when I go against him he falls like a stone. Now I know what you have and its tough to make an ork list with those kinds of restrictions. Do to time constraints at the moment I shall just recommend some cheesey things I've discovered in the ork codex.
1) 12 burna boyz, and 3 meks mounted in a deff rolla battle wagon with a grot rigger. Four seperate repair roll attempts, Then you deal 2 d6 strength 10 hits to the unit you drive throuhg they either step out of the way or death or glory, and then you hit them with 12 flame templates for it!
2) Nobs- this kind of depends on what kind you take, they're all good though. But just give them all different equipment and you can allocate wounds seperatley so that you have to take 10 to lose one.
3)Grotsnik- ANY ork unit can take a cybork body
4)lootas-D3 str 7 ap 4 shots! and from an ELITES choice
5) grot wall for your boyz
Thats all I can think of at the moment w/o the ork codex in fornt of my face, hope this helps.
-I was definitely looking to use the burnas for that exact purpose plus dsmt at some point and asslt with the 12 power weapon option.
- Roger on the snikrot hq choice... I was really weary in taking him for 85pnts and have half a mind of going with a Bigmek +KFF to give some additional saves for the advancing vehicles.
- Roger on the addl grots troop..... I was really thinking I will need this to grab objectives.
- I am also toying with dropping the Komandos all together in favour of a second Lootas or fill out my Lootas and add
- Now, would it be better to shift points into another HQ or beef up a Troop choice or add fourth Troop? I know a lot of people have discussed kill points, and I still dont know all the symantics of calculating KP but I assume the less KP your army has the lower the potential for your EN to score KP against you in annihilation.
- I have a lot of Deffkoptas now and will be looking to either make bikers or buggies out of them... or maybe 3 buggies and 9 bikers and still keep 5 D.K. Would there really be any advantage of having a Sqn of roket buggies versus having a gang of 5 bikers instead? I know the buggies have armour, but at 10, I dont know if that is more protective then having bikers with wounds.
-I did have one question regarding rules etc... so lets say I have a Grots or Deffkopta screen that is a 4+ cover save as long as the vehicle is 'obsured' by >50% right? Then I have a BW and 2x Trukk huddled around a MigMek w/ KFF, is that an additional 4+ obscure save ontop of the screen? If not, I would just forget the screen all together.
Really appreciate the feedback... I will have the ability to do some borrowing for the tourney to fill out my choices....
Depends on your play style. I prefer 5-3 troops when it comes to Orks, It used to be 90 boyz and 40 grots ( deploy them in one long line of 20 each, on behind the other). Now my list is 60 boyz and 5 meganobz.
When it comes to deff koptas, I dislike them entirely cause they're not worth their points. But you metioned you have bunch of AoBR boxes. So I'd personally convert treads on them, and some other things here and there to make them warbikes. it was funny how I took 2nd in a tournament just becuase I had the 2 grot walls, 90 boys right behind em' and 10 warbikes in front of the grots. Grots with a 4+ cover is hilarious, the warbikes already have it and hence dont need it! The FAQ /Errata for warkbikes on GW's website makes them better if you ask me.
Vehicles just have to be obscured 50% or more in order to recieve cover. The big mek isn't additional cover roll, just a cover sv, when you normally wouldnt get one. However the KFF is broken in its own way. As long as 1 model from any unit is within 6" of the big mek they get cover. I had somebody chain 180 boyz that way! Keep your trukks boyz etc. within 6" of the BW and that whole 6" circle will get cover.
Last edited by girlhunter2102; March 25th, 2009 at 21:11.
Updated on the top
Last edited by Glockster83; March 30th, 2009 at 14:47. Reason: deleting uneeded stuff
Updated at the top!~!!