FEAR THE MEGANOBZ...... 2500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FEAR THE MEGANOBZ...... 2500pts

i decided for a laugh to make a list that had a huge unit of meganobz since nobody really uses them in big numbers much soi heres my take on it

HQ-

Mega-Armored Warboss- attack squig, bosspole, cybork body - 130
    Mega-Armored Warboss- attack squig, bosspole, cybork body - 130

Elites-
    Lootas x 15- 225
    Meganobz x 10 - 5 x shoota/scorchas, 5 x shoota/rokits, battlewagon with zapgun,
    4x big shootas, ard case, deff rolla, grot rigger, red paint job, wrecking ball, armor plates- 640
    (lol i know its expensive but its fun and goes for a great bodyguard for the warboss)

Meganobz x 10 - 5 x shoota/scorchas, 5 x shoota/rokits, battlewagon with zapgun,
    4x big shootas, ard case, deff rolla, grot rigger, red paint job, wrecking ball, armor plates- 640

Troops-

sulgga boyz x 30, 3 x rokit launchas, nob with power klaw and bosspole - 250
    sulgga boyz x 30, 3 x rokit launchas, nob with power klaw and bosspole - 250
    shoota boyz x 30, 3 x big shootas, nob with power klaw and bosspole - 235

total - 2500

i know this list is so going to get bashed but if anyone thinks i need another troop choice then im counting at least one of the meganobz as troops. so tell me if you think its doable and i already know its expensive money wise lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

You have a lot of wasted points on those BWs. Since you have the MANz in them you want them to be moving every turn, which means you can only fire 1 weapon as they are all offensive weapons (even the Zzap Gun). Drop it down to 2 Big Shootas, or 1 big weapon and 1 big shoota.

Also, if you put a Ard Top on those they are no longer open-topped, which means you cannot assault the same turn you disembark the MANz.

Also, you likely do not need the Attack Squig on the Warbosses, you already have 30 PK attacks with the MANz I would take those points plus the points saved with all the weapons and toss in a large unit of Grots to provide some cover for those footslogging boyz

Either way though it looks like a ton of fun! Just watch out for those Demolisher Cannons!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually you just gave me an idea for a 1500 points list.

2 warbosses, 18 meganobs, 2 battlewagons (less upgrades) and whatever else i can afford.

Thats 2 troops and 2 hq's of StoMp sToMp sTOmP

My tau collecting friend is gonna have kittens when he see's this list.
    Warning this user is totally insane...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Never never

It isn't a bad overall list, but there are problems:

1. Where are the warbosses going? They can't fit in the battlewagons and they'll slow the footsloggers down to a halt. Cut 1 meganob out of each unit to fit the warbosses.

2. Those meganobz are troops. Since you have warbosses, they can both count as troops, which you definitely want to do, so they can claim objectives.

3. Combi-rokkits are a complete rip-off. Give them all combi-scorchas.

4. That unit of lootas is going to get picked on and destroyed. Field 2 units of 9 lootas instead. This will also help you cover far more of the board.

5. All those guns on the battlewagons are a tremendous waste. Drop all but one gun, and just field them with deffrollas, grot riggers, and armor plates. Everything else is a waste.

6. Add in a single unit of 10-16 grots, just to hold objectives. You'd be amazed how many games these little guys have won me. In non-objective games they can stand in front of your boyz, giving them a cover save.

7. Try and squeeze some rokkit buggies into the list. I love those guys.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; March 28th, 2009 at 18:50. Reason: forgot one thing
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread